• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

pezzie

All you guys playing, did you get it from japanese storefront? Any writeup on how to get it? Would I need a separate japanese account for it?

A lot of us bought it on the Hong Kong / Asia PSN store because it's cheaper there than the Japanese version. Here's what I wrote on another forum for how to do that:

HK version is super easy to get. Mainly because the HK store is in English.

1) Register for a new account at http://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/home/games
- You will need a separate email account from your general use PSN one.

2) Purchase digital PSN HK Cash from Play-Asia. I just bought the $500 HKD one, you might save a few bucks if you buy $300 + $80 + $80. The game itself is $428 HKD.
http://www.play-asia.com/playstation-network-500-hkd-psn-card-hk/13/707ex7

3) Buy Nier: Automata:
http://store.playstation.com/#!/en-hk/games/nierautomata/cid=JP0082-CUSA02517_00-ASIAOIDS20030612

4) Sign in to your HK PSN account on your PS4, set your PS4 as primary.

5) Download the game

6) Sign in with your general use PSN account so you can get trophies and saves on your profile.

There is no region swapping for PS4 so once its downloaded (as long as you set the HK account to use your PS4 as the primary one), you can play it on your normal profile easily. However, if any DLC gets released in the future, you would need to purchase it from the HK account. You can't apply US DLC to HK games.

You can also buy the asian version which is significantly cheaper.

A lot of us bought it on the Hong Kong / Asia PSN store because it's cheaper there than the Japanese version. Here's what I wrote on another forum for how to do that:

I see, thanks! Importing it at this stage feels unnessecary and will probably not get me the game any earlier. I really wanna keep everything on the same account, so don't think I'm gonna buy it digitally. Just sucks it seems it isn't released in EU until 10th on PS4, so might wait and see if PC release is the same.

N° 2048

So does anything happen if I don't give the
three plug-in chips
to the
Resistance Member
for the
Retrieve the Confidential Intel
side quest?

pezzie

So does anything happen if I don't give the
three plug-in chips
to the
Resistance Member
for the
Retrieve the Confidential Intel
side quest?

I tried to refuse giving it to him, he asks for it a few times before finally saying "Forget it, I don't need it!" then the quest just stalls from there until you give it to him.

N° 2048

Yea, I was thinking maybe something
happens down the line
but I'll just
cave in and give them to him.

DKL

My fingers are dying. The input for the ground heavy attack in particular.

jh7LhUX.gif

Oh OK, I didn't think to cancel the rest of launch's animation in order to keep myself lower than the enemy lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yea, I was thinking maybe something
happens down the line
but I'll just
cave in and give them to him.

Yeah just proceed through. There's nothing to lose by progressing actually.

DKL

Oh OK, I didn't think to cancel the rest of launch's animation in order to keep myself lower than the enemy lol

I don't have wire yet, but I'm wondering if it's possible to relaunch some bosses over and over in order to loop him until he decides to fast fall out of the combo...

Jiraiza

I don't have wire yet, but I'm wondering if it's possible to relaunch some bosses over and over in order to loop him until he decides to fast fall out of the combo...

Potentially, but the bosses don't stay suspended in the air as long as the regular enemies, so the timing is more strict. I haven't experimented with them though, since they all kind of die too fast at my level.

Edit: Woops, double posted.

DKL

Potentially, but the bosses don't stay suspended in the air as long as the regular enemies, so the timing is more strict. I haven't experimented with them though, since they all kind of die too fast at my level.

Edit: Woops, double posted.

I just max upgraded the
wooden stick
so that things would die slower lol

I didn't realize that was the weapon's use :v

EDIT:

But yeah, the game has combos...

Though, this is where the lack of lock-on above Normal becomes ass: you pretty much have to rely on soft lock-on.

I mean, it's pretty good, but it's an extra execution thing you have to take notice of.

Philippo

Eagerly awaiting for the review thread, if this stays in the same range of HZD and Nioh it will be a great achievement.

Guys, rejoice! This sold 198k on its first week in Japan!

Great! I hope this sells well enough to warrant another same (or even higher) budget game from Taro
and that NieR 1 remaster.

DKL

Eagerly awaiting for the review thread, if this stays in the same range of HZD and Nioh it will be a great achievement.

PS4 has been really solid recently.

Won't get HZD right now, but it's something I'll eventually want at some point.

EDIT:

Man, the chip system is actually addicting... it's pretty straightforward, but you're always trying to make sure you have the highest level chip, but at the lowest cost.

Could make farming pretty addicting since I want all the low cost chips.

Gimme the diamond level chips pls

DKL

On route B replay and I just got one shotted by
Theme Park
boss...

It unleashed a move I've never seen before lol

The bottom part opens up and eats you... but maybe I've never been hit by it before :v

For whatever reason, I didn't survive the hit.

But yeah, even kinda just dicking around on the lower levels of difficulty, I keep seeing new things.

They really put a lot of effort into like the enemy moves and stuff and it's possible you won't necessarily see everything with just one playthrough.

Just got the platinum! Really glad it sold so well! Now square-enix, we need a NIER CONCERT WORLD TOUR

also, if anyone stumble upon the archive
gestalt report 7
, please post it here, the only thing i'm missing to finish my last sidequest!

pezzie

Where does the quest
that explains about the E-series android models
start? I never did that one and I want it for more back story info.

iclorz

Neo Member
Just got the platinum! Really glad it sold so well! Now square-enix, we need a NIER CONCERT WORLD TOUR

also, if anyone stumble upon the archive
gestalt report 7
, please post it here, the only thing i'm missing to finish my last sidequest!
I think I found it in the caves where
Emil's house
is

ZoronMaro

So I finally got to start playing last night and I was loving everything, this game is everything I've wanted, I was having so much fun and then I lost all my plug-in chips and rage quit so hard.

First time I went to the desert the enemies dropped really good plug-ins like everywhere, but I must have either gotten incredibly lucky or those weren't random drops, because when I went back after losing everything to try to at least get a counter chip and some movement speed up none of them dropped anything for like a half hour. Game doesn't feel half as good without my Movement Speed up +4, does anyone know good way to farm them or should I just calm down and wait for more to drop through natural play?

I'm still pretty early I think
(just fought off those giant machines from the demo that came out of nowhere)
. I was fine with losing the chips when I thought I could farm it back quickly but man, losing all your souls was always the worst part of souls games.

So I finally got to start playing last night and I was loving everything, this game is everything I've wanted, I was having so much fun and then I lost all my plug-in chips and rage quit so hard.

First time I went to the desert the enemies dropped really good plug-ins like everywhere, but I must have either gotten incredibly lucky or those weren't random drops, because when I went back after losing everything to try to at least get a counter chip and some movement speed up none of them dropped anything for like a half hour. Game doesn't feel half as good without my Movement Speed up +4, does anyone know good way to farm them or should I just calm down and wait for more to drop through natural play?

I'm still pretty early I think
(just fought off those giant machines from the demo that came out of nowhere)
. I was fine with losing the chips when I thought I could farm it back quickly but man, losing all your souls was always the worst part of souls games.

Pro tip, if you turn off the game, even after failing to revive/salvage your old body, you will be back at your last save/quick save with all your chips intact.

Something to keep in mind if you rather lose a bit of progress than a good set of chips.

Man, time is flying as this thing is almost here. Still need to play Nier, which I have no doubt I'll like. Also, most of the way through Drakengard 2, been playing that one on and off for years now whenever I have the PS2 hooked up. Not as exotically wild as the first but simple fun collecting weapons. And come to think of it only one of a handful of Ubisoft-published games I have lol.

I'm keeping this on the short-term radar anyway.

Edit: not gonna have time for original Nier, not ready to drop Nioh...may just go straight to this after...

ZoronMaro

Pro tip, if you turn off the game, even after failing to revive/salvage your old body, you will be back at your last save/quick save with all your chips intact.

Something to keep in mind if you rather lose a bit of progress than a good set of chips.

Well thanks, that's definitely what I would've done. I'll keep this in mind in the future.

I figured it would happen at some point, but I didn't expect it to take the wind out of my sails so much. Still excited to play more, but no way I'm doing side quests now without those movement chips, too much backtracking.

carda114

I'm somewhat jealous of the people who have received shipping confirmation already 😩

Not only have I not received a confirmation, the item isn't listed in my orders. Square's support has told me it's being processed and I still have the 50 cent authorization charge on my PayPal, so... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

I'm somewhat jealous of the people who have received shipping confirmation already 😩

I know :( I wonder what method of shipping they chose.

Not only have I not received a confirmation, the item isn't listed in my orders. Square's support has told me it's being processed and I still have the 50 cent authorization charge on my PayPal, so... ¯_(ツ)_/¯

When did you order? Were you on the waitlist? If so they might not have charged some people yet.

carda114

I know :( I wonder what method of shipping they chose.

When did you order? Were you on the waitlist? If so they might not have charged some people yet.

I don't think I was on the waitlist at all. I did have to update my payment info, so maybe they bumped me down the list. Which sucks, but I can live with it.

deim0s

SYSTEM - Booting
-----------------------------------------------------
9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome. 9s overstayed his welcome.

Ain't gonna do his ending.

Top Bottom