• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

Coda

So I got all the main endings today and
unlocked all the trophies via the Emil person in the resistance camp,
which is hilarious.

Now what else is there to do in the game? I still have to complete the "Reconnaissance Squad" quest, I keep giving him intel but he wants more. Is there just the
Emil boss fights now?

So I got all the main endings today and
unlocked all the trophies via the Emil person in the resistance camp,
which is hilarious.

Now what else is there to do in the game? I still have to complete the "Reconnaissance Squad" quest, I keep giving him intel but he wants more. Is there just the
Emil boss fights now?

there's two emil boss fight, the first one you need to found his home (sewer pipe in north-eart wall of the crater near the top, in city ruin), steal a mask, go talk to him, go back to his house and steal his head, then you'll fight him and win his weapon! For the second boss fight, you need to get all weapon and max their level, you will then get a quest from emil in the shopping center

also, even with the platinum and all sidequests done.... does anybody know how the fuck we
open these locked elevator?
? Is it a troll from yoko taro? do we need 100% completion in everything?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=231280710&postcount=175

I don't know whether or not I can chuckle at this because I haven't played this game yet. :(

Automaton: Definitely.
Environmentalism: Sure, things are said about it.
Age: Well, Emil's still around so does 15,000 years count?
Race: .... There's Anemone and that one YoRHa Unit later on? (Not the best representation)
Gender: We've got Robots, Androids, Emil... I mean, I guess?

If the guidelines are blurry enough, NieR: Automata ticks all the same boxes.

Coda

there's two emil boss fight, the first one you need to found his home (sewer pipe in north-eart wall of the crater near the top, in city ruin), steal a mask, go talk to him, go back to his house and steal his head, then you'll fight him and win his weapon! For the second boss fight, you need to get all weapon and max their level, you will then get a quest from emil in the shopping center

also, even with the platinum and all sidequests done.... does anybody know how the fuck we
open these locked elevator?
? Is it a troll from yoko taro? do we need 100% completion in everything?

Well what's weird is I already have Emil's mask from my previous route so I can't re-pick it up when I go there. Is this a glitch? When I talk to Emil he doesn't mention anything about being robbed. Do I have to go to his secret location in the shopping mall instead?

Well what's weird is I already have Emil's mask from my previous route so I can't re-pick it up when I go there. Is this a glitch? When I talk to Emil he doesn't mention anything about being robbed. Do I have to go to his secret location in the shopping mall instead?

No it's not a glitch, but his boss script restart everytime you select a new chapter! Just select yes when they ask if you still wants to steal it (even if you can't pick it up, it will still activate his script), then go talk to him again, when you leave the shop he will mention being robbed, then go back with 9S, steal the head and the boss will start once you try leaving the room! He will appear in the shopping mall only when you got all weapon in the game maxed

Every time you chapter skip, you'll need to start the quest line all over again. So if you have the Emil mask from a previous time, you'll need to take the mask again, then go talk to him about getting robbed.

Coda

No it's not a glitch, but his boss script restart everytime you select a new chapter! Just select yes when they ask if you still wants to steal it (even if you can't pick it up, it will still activate his script), then go talk to him again, when you leave the shop he will mention being robbed, then go back with 9S, steal the head and the boss will start once you try leaving the room! He will appear in the shopping mall only when you got all weapon in the game maxed

Thanks it worked when I stopped him near the Resistance Camp. :)

ZangBa

Can anyone answer when the preload starts for the NA version? I would look myself, but when I searched on Google, literally the second result was a spoiler for a superboss in the game.

DR2K

Banned
Digitally preordered. Ready to jump on the hype machine

Can anyone answer when the preload starts for the NA version? I would look myself, but when I searched on Google, literally the second result was a spoiler for a superboss in the game.

3/4 is the expected download date

LotusHD

Banned
Absolutely, it's probably my GOTY. I don't see Zelda nor Horizon topping in this terms of narrative or gameplay.

Ooh that's great to hear. I wanna come out of playing both being genuinely perplexed as to which I'll prefer as my GOTY. Well, that and Persona 5.

So guys/gals did this live up to the hype?

I freaking love this game in ways that I wasn't even prepared for. 35 hours in; Solid 9.5/10 and if not for Zelda on Friday and Persona 5 in a month, would have been a top contender for my GotY, even this early. Still, one of the most wonderful games I've played in a long time.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
So guys/gals did this live up to the hype?

;_; its so beautiful.

Its not as comprehensive as other platinum games in the combat department(but still great obviously being a platinum title), but in all the ways the game is a Yoko Taro game, it exceeds it target by 200%. GOTG for me. Ive spoiled myself for about a week now cause i could not wait and even i can see that this game is a winner without even playing it

Characters, music, story, art deco, pure emotion and quirkyness

If people have never played a Yoko Taro game and just like games like Undertale or even Earthbound, i also recommend it 100%

GLORY TO MANKIND!

StereoVsn

This thread sucks. I was planning to wait out on this till summer but with MEA not turning out to be what I was hoping and not being on Horizon bandwagon I am going to grab this game after all.

Amazon, here I come.

Stalk

Route C spoilers

I'm sorry Pascal. :( The third resource tower with 9S is rather boring, but what made it worse was that I died at the top as A2. The black box twist was neat though.

I can't stop putting hours into this lately the side quests have so far been enjoyable and some of them quite interesting. I did like one part of the main story before going ham with side quests.
So some of the
destroyed city has been sunk with a giant sinkhole leading underground to the flooded city
how long do you think I have left? Though I am looking at doing all of the side quests.

Speaking of which I am loving the chip system, it allows for some very good customisation. I've mentioned it before but the soundtrack is quickly getting into my top 5 at this rate.

ChanMan

;_; its so beautiful.

Its not as comprehensive as other platinum games in the combat department(but still great obviously being a platinum title), but in all the ways the game is a Yoko Taro game, it exceeds it target by 200%. GOTG for me. Ive spoiled myself for about a week now cause i could not wait and even i can see that this game is a winner without even playing it

Characters, music, story, art deco, pure emotion and quirkyness

If people have never played a Yoko Taro game and just like games like Undertale or even Earthbound, i also recommend it 100%

GLORY TO MANKIND!

Oh man just too many great games out now or coming out. If it wasn't for me playing Yakuza 0 right now I might just buy this. Good thing I am passing on Zelda right now.

jonjonaug

I can't stop putting hours into this lately the side quests have so far been enjoyable and some of them quite interesting. I did like one part of the main story before going ham with side quests.
So some of the
destroyed city has been sunk with a giant sinkhole leading underground to the flooded city
how long do you think I have left? Though I am looking at doing all of the side quests.

Speaking of which I am loving the chip system, it allows for some very good customisation. I've mentioned it before but the soundtrack is quickly getting into my top 5 at this rate.
You're super early into the main story.

Squire

Banned
New avi for that A2 hype. Someone comparing her to Zero has me pretty excited. Been watching a D3 playthrough on YT and she's definitely become one of my favorite characters in gaming.

LotusHD

Banned
New avi for that A2 hype. Someone comparing her to Zero has me pretty excited. Been watching a D3 playthrough on YT and she's definitely become one of my favorite characters in gaming.

Ha, I just got through watching D3 as well. I wasn't that fond of the story tbh, but getting context for the past videos I watched was nice, and Zero in particular was just a fascinating character to me.

pezzie

Let's just put it this way. I'm so glad I spent an extra $14 to play this game two weeks early. These two weeks would have been torture for me otherwise.

Any import players here who also played Yakuza 0? Is this better?

Apples and oranges, friend. They're both GOTY material for me, I can't see Mass Effect Andromeda, Danganronpa V3 or Zelda topping them, however Persona 5 will be tough competition. I'm loving what I'm playing of NieR: Automata so far, soaking in this atmosphere and doing the side quests which are all written so eloquently with fun gameplay, intriguing story beats and beautiful music to back it all up.

It's actually hard to say which has better side quests out of Yakuza 5 and NieR: Automata, they're both so good in this regard for me. Same goes for music but in different ways (Yakuza 0 having some of the most hype inducing music I've heard in a game, NieR: Automata having some of the most beautifully put together tunes since the original NieR). Both excellent games regardless.

Danneee

Oh man just too many great games out now or coming out. If it wasn't for me playing Yakuza 0 right now I might just buy this. Good thing I am passing on Zelda right now.

Bah, I just ordered Yakuza 0, Nier Automata, Gravity Rush 2 and got Dragon Quest Builders in the mail yesterday. Fuck it all and my backlog.

Ennosuke

I thought about buying it in the Hong Kong store. I still have some dollars left, but would have cost mee 52 Euro in addition. So it was really a close call on the weekend. However I am in love with the steelbook edition, but did not want to spend 69,99 Euro for it. But now I finally found a place were I could order it for 52 Euros. I will have to wait a couple of more days, but I wanted to have a physical copy of this game.

Question about the end of Route C:
Can I save after the Ending C credits have finished and reload a chapter to get D and E or do I have to access my save prior to the final fight? I'm not sure if the bonus items I get are universal across finishing Route C.

Top Bottom