• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata |OT| "I wouldn't expect too much from this game if I were you."

JayEH

Question about the end of Route C:
Can I save after the Ending C credits have finished and reload a chapter to get D and E or do I have to access my save prior to the final fight? I'm not sure if the bonus items I get are universal across finishing Route C.

you can use chapter select.

Apples and oranges, friend. They're both GOTY material for me, I can't see Mass Effect Andromeda, Danganronpa V3 or Zelda topping them, however Persona 5 will be tough competition. I'm loving what I'm playing of NieR: Automata so far, soaking in this atmosphere and doing the side quests which are all written so eloquently with fun gameplay, intriguing story beats and beautiful music to back it all up.

It's actually hard to say which has better side quests out of Yakuza 5 and NieR: Automata, they're both so good in this regard for me. Same goes for music but in different ways (Yakuza 0 having some of the most hype inducing music I've heard in a game, NieR: Automata having some of the most beautifully put together tunes since the original NieR). Both excellent games regardless.

I really disliked Yakuza 0's sub stories, but loved the 2 major mini games, and the main story. Oh, man. Persona 5 as well with all of this. What a year, what a year!

FINALLY! Finished all sidequests! I'm still missing some ennemy units but i don't really care... still haven't unlocked the last tutorial, what are you doing yoko taro? you crazy bastard!

Question about the end of Route C:
Can I save after the Ending C credits have finished and reload a chapter to get D and E or do I have to access my save prior to the final fight? I'm not sure if the bonus items I get are universal across finishing Route C.

you carry everything across route, you can just select the chapter right before the choice between 9S and A2 and just start there to get the other endings!

So guys/gals did this live up to the hype?
I think if you were looking for a straight action game, it could be a bit underwhelming. But as an Action RPG it's quite good, very fluid combat with a fantastic story and some cool mechanics. It's easily one of my favorite single player games from the past few years.

Coda

For the first time in quite some time it was almost impossible to put this game down until I finished all the endings. Really a remarkable game that starts a bit slow but then really opens up. Having a Platinum styled action game in an RPG shell works really well.

Any tips about the "Reconnaissance Squad" quest? I just keep giving him intel with no idea how much more he wants. Is there somewhere online that tells you all the locations of the intel?

the quest finished when i was about like 94% unit discovered! It's really hard, since there's so many variation of ennemies... you just need to stumble upon them!

do the emil boss, it will add some data, also there's a secret ennemy in amusement park, the bunny thing, you need to hack into it while controlling an other ennemy! And in route C, kill every type of ennemy in amusement park, they're new too (zombie like)! The last data unit i've got was the long worm thingy in forest castle, it was a red one in route C! I'm still missing 4 % of data unit but i don't really care

ChanMan

Screw all of you guys lol I will be getting this now I need to decide if I should get the Hong Kong version or the NA version.

ChanMan

I'd say NA if you need it physical, since you'll be waiting anyway. HK if you don't mind Digital and need it right now.

Yeah I don't really care about physical copies like I use to and would love to play it this weekend especially since I am not getting a Switch anymore.

Coda

Can someone let me know where the third pod is? I've found one in the desert so far.

Pretty sure you have to fish for it. I found it by accident doing that, forget the area though sorry.

the quest finished when i was about like 94% unit discovered! It's really hard, since there's so many variation of ennemies... you just need to stumble upon them!

do the emil boss, it will add some data, also there's a secret ennemy in amusement park, the bunny thing, you need to hack into it while controlling an other ennemy! And in route C, kill every type of ennemy in amusement park, they're new too (zombie like)! The last data unit i've got was the long worm thingy in forest castle, it was a red one in route C! I'm still missing 4 % of data unit but i don't really care

Also thanks!
I tried fighting him once and he wrecked me.
I'm level 63 at the moment.

Yes Black Box just shipped!

Can;t wait to play. this thread has been killing me but i have really enjoyed reading everyone's impressions and can't wait to jump in myself!

Uubumaster

Neo Member
Can someone tell me where are
the Yorha traitors
for the sidequest ? Managed to find some of them, but I can't seem to encounter the others, despite being at their location.
Thanks !

Can someone tell me where are
the Yorha traitors
for the sidequest ? Managed to find some of them, but I can't seem to encounter the others, despite being at their location.
Thanks !

Unless there's another side quest with similar context,
the first encounter is on top of the Goliath, then the second is at the rooftop where you landed the first time you came to the City.

Coda

In regards to the hacking, how do I take control of them? In a few parts of the game it let me do it via a menu after hacking but now it doesn't give me the option after a successful hack, it just blows them up.

Thanks for all your help!

In regards to the hacking, how do I take control of them? In a few parts of the game it let me do it via a menu after hacking but now it doesn't give me the option after a successful hack, it just blows them up.

In my experience, you can only control friendly/passive machines. Belligerent or aggressive machines will simply explode once hacked.

Coda

In my experience, you can only control friendly/passive machines. Belligerent or aggressive machines will simply explode once hacked.

Thanks, I think it was happening because
they are all zombies now.
I'll go back farther with chapter select.

First, you guys should spoiler this, hacking function is a spoil righ? At least to me!

Actually you can control almost all ennemy unit! But you need to hack them without them noticing you (so go behind them, don't attack them)! You can even play with the goliath unit, the legs one are really funny with their spin attack!

Also equip two exp gain +6 and go defeat this secret boss at the amusement park, you will get HUGE ammount of xp, you can redo this as much as you want! Just kill every machine around it first, then go control one of the machine on the stairs, and then you can hack into it

Coda

Actually you can control almost all ennemy unit! But you need to hack them without them noticing you (so go behind them, don't attack them)! You can even play with the goliath unit, the legs one are really funny with their spin attack!

Also equip two exp gain +6 and go defeat this secret boss at the amusement park, you will get HUGE ammount of xp, you can redo this as much as you want! Just kill every machine around it first, then go control one of the machine on the stairs, and then you can hack into it

Ahh thanks that's what it is, it does a nice different jingle when you successfully do it.

Kaisos

Why is there still a thread about this game when Horizon exists and manages to tell the exact same story and have better combat while -not- sexualizing its protagonist to a disgusting extent?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Why is there still a thread about this game when Horizon exists and manages to tell the exact same story and have better combat while -not- sexualizing its protagonist to a disgusting extent?

Bait 0/10

Hektor

For the same reason you still have an account despite there being people that make better posts with less inflammatory intentions

Coda

Wow, why come in here and shit post? While both games are open world while fighting robots, comparing the two games is pointless.

dude... because people likes to play good games? Don't talk about the story of a game when you didn't fully play it... they are not similar at all except from "machine"...

nice try at shitposting

JayEH

mjlol.png
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
mjlol.png
mjlol.png

LotusHD

Banned
Lmao, it just hit me that he literally has an issue with the OT existing. I thought there was at least a random Nier thread floating around

Boi bye

Inuhanyou

dude... don't talk about the story of a game when you didn't fully play it... they are not similar at all except from "machine"...

nice try at shitposting

"Didn't fully play" is somewhat of a misstatement.

The issue is he didn't even know what the game was to begin with before shitposting.

Kaisos

I'm serious, why is discussion of this game allowed when plenty of other, equally misogynist games are banned? It's a sexist mess, immediately discrediting what little value it might have, and now that we have games like Horizon to show us how female protagonists should actually be written, I really don't see the point.

Inuhanyou

I'm serious, why is discussion of this game allowed when plenty of other, equally misogynist games are banned? It's a sexist mess, immediately discrediting what little value it might have, and now that we have games like Horizon to show us how female protagonists should actually be written, I really don't see the point.

As i've said previously, you literally have no idea what the game is but are parroting misogyny without actually understanding the term.

Hektor

2372.jpg

Coda

First of all how can you say it's sexist when you haven't even played it? There may be some fan servicey Japanese tropes but overall I've played a lot of other games that are worse.

I'm sorry but while Horizon looks like a very sound game personally it doesn't look like it's for me. Thing is I don't go into the Horizon thread and annoy people there.

Top Bottom