• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

One negative to 2017 blasting me with excellent games is that ive run out of hype for persona 5.
It was gonna be THE goty for me and now its just another excellent japanese game that goes in the pile of other excellent 2017 games i haven't beaten. .
What a bad delay.
My hype ran out cause of the constant delays then the long localization. I mean it's still my most anticipated game but I'm just so meh about it now.

LotusHD

Banned
Do people really care if it's 89 or 90+ on Metacritic? Won't change game quality and sure won't affect sales.

90+ looks better than 89. Simple as that. No one will actually be heartbroken if it isn't, but yes, part of the fun is seeing how high it can go.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Do people really care if it's 89 or 90+ on Metacritic? Won't change game quality and sure won't affect sales.

The whole fun of these threads is seeing where the meta lands, like when you play roulette. I don't think anyone here takes it that seriously.

Zolo

I mostly find it neat because getting 90+ is more of an achievement now while 85+ is closer to the norm with good games (not saying there aren't good games below that).

Audioboxer

It would take a lot of mid to low 70s to drop it down to low 80s to counter all those 9s and 10s.

Depends on how the source is weighted does it not? With it being Nier I do expect some 4's and 5's :p I don't think Taro will be happy unless he sees some either LOL.

Either way, getting platinum involved for the combat has been the kiss of life for this sequel.

LotusHD

Banned
It's kind of something to see a genre title like Nier break the 90 barrier when that score is rarely handed out these days.

Also this. Out of all the games I've been in review threads for, this is my absolute underdog (based on Taro's past games anyways) that I wanted to see succeed lol

Exentryk

THIS IS SERIOUS BUSINESS!!!

EBsJLp2.gif

The whole fun of these threads is seeing where the meta lands, like when you play roulette. I don't think anyone here takes it that seriously.

I doubt this is completely true.

No way can you play this game without getting wrapped up somehow.

All it takes is one irksome review and the fireworks start, because folks are walking a fine edge.

Labolas

Kinda surprised that Polygon didn't give it a 7 like they did with Bayonetta 2. Then again this wasn't reviewed by Gies.

LotusHD

Banned

All it takes is one irksome review and the fireworks start, because folks are walking a fine edge.

Fair enough. That GI review for example got me and others a little annoyed lol

killatopak

In NieR's case people were expecting a 70+ score lol.

No way it goes that low though so it's all a win.

TrueHero

are people really considering cancelling pre-orders and not picking up this game because it has a 89 right now instead of 90+.......

People questioning the difference between 89 and 90?!

It's the difference between a B+ and an A- and I don't want to settle for this game being a solid B+!

Top Bottom