• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

killatopak

whelp.

I'm gonna go and print the earlier screenshot of the 94 score and place it on my wall for me to ponder how great the game could have been.

ethomaz

Banned
Are people really serious about wanting this game to be above 90 metacritic? Does it even really matter that much to some of you. The game looks like it is about to be Yoko Taro's highest rated game.

Sorry we are set a new standard in reviews scores after Zelda.

>= 90 heavens
< 90 hells

SaniOYOYOY

Will be disappointed if it finishes below 90 but it's still very impressive for it to finish ahead of Horizon as the #1 PS4 game of 2017 .

if i go back in time to when ps4 release, and say that yoko taro game might score the highest in MC ps4 on 2017, ill probably get a ban lol

They fixed the fishing mini-game, so reviewers are delighted.

Still haunts me that I missed out on this game for a full year after buying it cos I got so sick of the first fishing mission that I ragequit. Heard an anecdote about it on (maybe?) the Joystiq podcast a while later, actually bothered to google how to fish properly and a 100+ hours later it was my favourite game ever. Never thought I'd see a sequel, so damn hype.

raven777

C6PjlsOVAAAWCBB.jpg:large

probably will end up +/- 2 region

What lunacy these past few months have been
After such a lull
A decent FF
A real last guardian
A good tales
A good resident evil
Yakuza finding success
A new great onimusha
Horizon lives up to the hype
A fucking yoko taro game scores an avg 9/10
Zelda with a perfect score
And days away from a new mass effect and a persona.

Audioboxer

Still haunts me that I missed out on this game for a full year after buying it cos I got so sick of the first fishing mission that I ragequit. Heard an anecdote about it on (maybe?) the Joystiq podcast a while later, actually bothered to google how to fish properly and a 100+ hours later it was my favourite game ever. Never thought I'd see a sequel, so damn hype.

Joystiq redeemed!

Protip: There's another beach that's not the beach right next to the old dude that gives you the fishing pole. I ended up trying that spot and catching the fish. But by then, the damage was done, and my spirit had been broken, sadly.

https://www.engadget.com/2010/05/03/nier-review-fail/

5amshift

Banned
Was amazed to see such great scores this morning. Was still going to buy it regardless, but god damnnn. Only thing that sort of kills it is the mention of replaying the game multiple times. Cool for others, not me.

silva1991

What lunacy these past few months have been
After such a lull
A decent FF
A real last guardian
A good tales
A good resident evil
Yakuza finding success
A new great onimusha
Horizon lives up to the hype
A fucking yoko taro game scores an avg 9/10
Zelda with a perfect score
And days away from a new mass effect and a persona.

image.php

And yet again Gravity Rush 2 getting snubbed

SilentRob

It's 2017 and people are mad about a Nier sequel getting a 89 on Metacritic.

Should have tried telling me that 3 years ago.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
Sorry we are set a new standard in reviews scores after Zelda.

>= 90 heavens
< 90 hells
Zelda did very weirdly change the game. Such a surreal pheonemon just like the games scoring itself. Anything near 90 is a fantastic score full stop especially before when games very rarely scored above 90 at all. In spite of that Zelda comes and your like shit games can even score that high?

Sanctuary

I don't know what I'm going to do after this year. Finally feel spoiled again after years of pretty much nothing great aside from maybe one game a year. Could be another 1997 or 1998 at least in terms of quality.

Top Bottom