• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NieR: Automata Review Thread

Audioboxer

He loved the demo alone, and the full game is obviously a lot more meaty, so I feel like he'll give it a good score most likely.

Jim's always keen on a game having good gameplay, which is why it is good Taro did wheel in Platinum.

Nier's gameplay? Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Dat story/world/characters though.

Why not? I would be down for some of his madness in Final Fantasy.

From RPGsite ( https://www.rpgsite.net/interview/5...che-kings-on-their-trip-into-a-robotic-future ) interview:

RPG Site: Okay, to finish off... so, Taura-san, if you could take Platinum and make a game in any other Square Enix franchise - East or West - what would you make?

Taro Yoko: [in a high pitched voice, hand over mouth] Final Fantasy!

Takahisa Taura: [laughs] No... I mean, I could only think of another Nier after this!

RPG Site: I know you guys work at Square, but what about you?

Taro Yoko: Hmmm... Dragon Quest... if I was allowed to do anything, I'd take Dragon Quest and make it a really brutal, really nasty game. You'd see the monsters start eating people, they'd be molesting the female characters too.

Yosuke Saito: There are already places like that in Dragon Quest!

Yoko: Ahh, I don't need to make it then, it's been done already.

Saito: ...but I don't think Dragon Quest has been done overall in that way. [laughs]

Yoko: I'd love to see all the cute little villagers running around screaming and getting torn apart!

Saito: I'd like to do Space Invaders in the arcade... Taito is in the same group as us, after all. I've never made a proper arcade-only game before, after all.

Yoko: If it's a shooting game, I'll make it for you. Call me, call me!

I've gone ahead and added the beautiful 'The Weight of the World' by Keiichi Okabe (YT) to the OP in order to celebrate breaking into the 90s on Metacritic.

voYOdTs.png

Can't seem to say it enough: Congratulations to Yoko-san & Platinum games, well deserved!

90 on Metacritic right now. Totally not expecting such high scores. The case for 2017 becoming one of the legendary years for gaming continues to grow stronger.
Shame you can't play most of these releases if you are an exclusively Xbox or Nintendo gamer. Well, at least you can play Zelda, which is probably the best of the bunch on a Nintendo console.

Struct09

My copy shows up tomorrow and I can't wait to play to this game in May when I'm finally done with Zelda and Horizon. I might even get to start Mass Effect in June. 2017 is unhinged.

HeelPower

I say hand over the next FF to this very exact team.

World Class Arpg gameplay✔

Endearing Characters,great world buildling,unpredictable plot✔

Its exactly this kind of talent that needs to get the funding an FF title gets.

ironcreed

Banned

Precisely. It is going to take that kind of shake up for me to get excited for the series again.

ethomaz

Banned

If we need to really accept action in main FF then I believe this is the best choice... it could make FFXV a 8.5/10 game for me.

But I hope (dream :p) FFXVI back to turn-based.

Aeana

Anyone have any pics (not screenshots) of the reversible cover?

How are the sidequests? Worth doing or mostly bad lie the first game?

The sidequests is the area where I feel the game is most improved over the first game. They're all worth doing, absolutely. Very interesting stories attached to each one.

LotusHD

Banned

Audioboxer

I really hope if this sells well it can give us a Nier remaster, with some tweaks. The soundtrack in the first game is outstanding.

The sidequests is the area where I feel the game is most improved over the first game. They're all worth doing, absolutely. Very interesting stories attached to each one.

Not to mention the exclusive one-time songs that play at the conclusions for many of them.

Top Bottom