• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ninja Gaiden 3 |OT| Ninja Dog Revengeance

Just watching the videos and in the first one an excellent question is asked.

Where is the parry/counter attack? Is it in the game and it's something I just haven't noticed? or is it gone?

The Regent of the Mask fights exactly like Genshin. His patterns are almost the same.

not quite, but there are definitely shared animations. They tried to make him more difficult giving him those unreadable dashes, at least on the surface, but rather than follow his movement like murai or genshi, they follow a set beat instead. He always seems disappears into the dash on the 2nd and 4th beat.

I wonder it it changes for higher difficulties.

ultim8p00

Banned
Just watching the videos and in the first one an excellent question is asked.

Where is the parry/counter attack? Is it in the game and it's something I just haven't noticed? or is it gone?

not quite, but there are definitely shared animations. They tried to make him more difficult giving him those unreadable dashes, at least on the surface, but rather than follow his movement like murai or genshi, they follow a set beat instead. He always seems disappears into the dash on the 2nd and 4th beat.

I wonder it it changes for higher difficulties.

I can confirm that there are still counter attacks in the game.

I'm actually interested in the story, especially the Regent of the Mask. I want to know how he'd get powerful enough to match a guy, who's literally destroyed demonic gods on a daily basis.

ok, ive seen enough.

Ill keep it short and sweet.

Its not garbage, but its a pale imitation of its former greatness, with a bunch of cinematic nonsense thrown in.

I may pick up at a bomba price but this.......This saddens me. Day 4&5 especially. Im out.

enjoy your game lads, I wont stink up this thread further.

raven777

I just finished NGS2 to get ready for NG3. I played easy mode (acolyte?) just to not get frustrated. I will try again with warrior mode in the future.

I never played NG1, Black, or 2 in Xbox/360. I only played 4 chapters of NGS, so obviously I am not a hardcore NG fan.And that's probably why I am excited for NG3. I understand totally why hardcore fans are upset, but for me the game still looks fun to get into.

I am not expert of fighting mechanics so I won't get into that.

But there are some things that seems better than old NG games. For example, the story and design looks a lot better than NGS2. I hated the boss designs in NGS2, they were simply awful, maybe exception of Genshin. And story was....just nonexistent. Sonia was also a terrible characters. So in these department, NG3 looks better at least from what I have seen. But I know hardcore NG fans mostly don't care about story or designs.

What I am worried about reading from impressions is that the game might be too short. I thought NGS2 was short, but this is probably because I am heavy RPG player, and NGS2 might be actually long for an action game.

Anyway, I have already preordered it and will be getting it on Tuesday.

What I am worried about reading from impressions is that the game might be too short. I thought NGS2 was short, but this is probably because I am heavy RPG player, and NGS2 might be actually long for an action game.

Anyway, I have already preordered it and will be getting it on Tuesday.

Action games like NG & NG2 are meant to be mastered, not consumed. You missed a large part of the experience if you never even touched the higher difficulties. I probably put more hours into NG & NG2 than any RPG I have ever played. NGB is especially ludicrous, some bosses don't even show up in the normal difficulty (the clone ryu fights and I think another) and the enemy layouts and or types are completely changed.

If your into action games at all you have to play NGB (or NGS on PS3), it is a classic.

Skilletor

NGS2 is a really good length for an action game.

For me 8-10 hours is a nice length for an action game. NGs have lots of replay value with the different weapons and difficulties.

Kayo-kun

If they'd included all the weapons from the previous games, especially the Lunar staff ftw, I'd buy NG3 in a heartbeat. I have a feeling that we'll see most of these weapons, like the Claws/Scythe, available as DLC later on so I'll wait for that. I still hope it is a good game but it seems like a disappointment for us loyal fans that have enjoyed the previous titles.

NGS2 is a really good length for an action game.

For me 8-10 hours is a nice length for an action game. NGs have lots of replay value with the different weapons and difficulties.

I loved the mission modes in NGS1 with the four-tiered level of difficulties for EACH mission. Kinda pissed that Hayashi did that away and forced a ridiculously cheap multiplayer instead

and of course, fighting your own Fiend shadow is the most epic thing ever

Robot Pants

ok, ive seen enough.

Ill keep it short and sweet.

Its not garbage, but its a pale imitation of its former greatness, with a bunch of cinematic nonsense thrown in.

I may pick up at a bomba price but this.......This saddens me. Day 4&5 especially. Im out.

enjoy your game lads, I wont stink up this thread further.

I'm with you 100%.
Except I think it looks like garbage.

Teknoman

5.0 Presentation
The camera hurts the stylish and over-the-top action.

4.0 Graphics
Ryu looks fine, the women look like RealDolls, and everything else looks like low-res sewage.

5.5 Sound
The voice acting is rough, but the ridiculous metal tunes are super fun to fight to.

2.5 Gameplay
When you can tell what’s happening, fighting is easy, repetitive, and dull.

2.0 Lasting Appeal
One weapon, no character progression, and pointless multiplayer leave little reason to return.

Wow.

Teknoman

Well either its going to be another God Hand...or it really deserves that score.

Oh by the way, which is the best was to play NG II? The original version or Sigma?

Robot Pants

Good for them. It's still a bit extreme, and I think this game is dogshit.

Well either its going to be another God Hand...or it really deserves that score.

Oh by the way, which is the best was to play NG II? The original version or Sigma?
Original by a long shot.

HYDE

Banned

I thought both were flawed, but great in their own ways.

Both are worth playing.

EDIT: IGN going all hyperbole with their review...reminds me of God Hand too.

Oh...And no way is this game worst than Ninja Blade.

Yo Gotti

Banned
DAMN, IGN.

And NG2(Original) is amazing. Sigma is a nerfed disgrace in comparison, overall NG:B is still the best and most balance but there's quite a few things that NG2 does better. The game does have a few segments that are a real pain, but to me it's just another obstacle in a game where everything is out to murder you in 2 seconds anyway.

raven777

I will wait to actually play it and judge it for my self, but it probably doesn't deserve 3.0. I think the reviewer is hardcore NG fan and was so upset with changes.

Teknoman

Going to wait for other reviews too...as well as more GAF impressions.

lol IGN!

First they gave Silent Hill Downpour 4.5..... And the game was solid 7.5.

Now they give this a 3 ?

Hahahahahaha.... Mmmm, no.

Even Yakuza Dead Souls got a 5.0 and i'm sure thats at least worth a 7. At least Binary Domain got a somewhat decent score...even though that is at least an 8 lol.

Well, DmC can't do worse than this

And the review just shredded NG3, essentially telling that the game is pointless, single and multiplayer, and that the camera is still an issue (lol)

Maybe this will be a Godhand scenario, but I doubt it just because the direction this game is heading. I see little room for misunderstanding unlike Godhand

Fuck I was personally rooting for this game over DmC

Removing weapon options smacks of laziness, and the lack of leveling up will hurt it profoundly in the end..i admit, i bought and returned Ninja Gaiden sigma 2 (used) on 3 seperate occasions, i don't have the patience for the games, but i understand their appeal and have enjoyed watching good players beat the games..i do see things that i dislike, but there also things i feel were done better..i think its interesting that every review of people who have actually played the game to completion and expected to detest it, came away liking but not loving the game so IGN's 3.0 score sounds less like an unbiased fair review and more like a love letter to Team Ninja's Former Master.

Even Yakuza Dead Souls got a 5.0 and i'm sure thats at least worth a 7. At least Binary Domain got a somewhat decent score...even though that is at least an 8 lol.

I have the game ( NG3 ), and from what I've played there is just NO WAY this game is anything else than 7.

IGN has gone really really mad recently.

TripOpt55

Ouch at that score. That is rough. Not that I care, but I didn't expect a score that bad. More concerned with other gamers' impressions.

Top Bottom