• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

antibolo

Banned
I intend on buying one as a Christmas gift for my nephews.

Still not sure I'm going to buy a second one for myself. I already have a RGB capable NES connected to my PVM and a flash cart, so that device would be pretty redundant... I would buy it as a decorative item only.

Doctre81

I might hit up this 24 hr walmart near me. But I don't feel like calling. I bought mario kart wii and MK8 there at midnight no issues.

SuperSah

Banned
Just spoke to Amazon UK.

My order is "dispatching now" and it's almost 9pm. According to the dude on the chat, due to "limited stock" it is taking time to enter the dispatch process but apparently I will receive mine tomorrow.

I preordered this the minute it went live in July. What the fuck is this lol

Doctre81

Just spoke to Amazon UK.

My order is "dispatching now" and it's almost 9pm. According to the dude on the chat, due to "limited stock" it is taking time to enter the dispatch process but apparently I will receive mine tomorrow.

My experince with amazon is that with games it seems the earlir I preorder the later it comes and when i preorder the day before release i get it release day. It's weird. It's like they go through the top of the list instead of the bottom where it started.

SuperSah

Banned
My experince with amazon is that with games it seems the earlir I preorder the later it comes and when i preorder the day before release i get it release day. It's weird. It's like they go through the top of the list instead of the bottom where it started.

It better turn up. I had it ordered the minute it came up, it's a joke.

AtomicPumpkin

Neo Member
Iiii don't think I'll be relying on this gentleman's opinions on classic games anytime soon. Coincidentially, earlier today I stumbled across TechCrunch's review, which includes a compact rundown of the 30 games that definitely is worth reading over Kotaku's. Have at it.

Thanks for the link - it was a great read (love his mini-review of Legend of Zelda).

Doctre81

But it says arriving tomorrow and I preordered waaaaaay ahead of the masses, hell it sold out almost a month and a bit ago. :(

What the fuck, talk about an actual disappointment.

Oh I thought you said amazon hadn't sent it yet. But i guess even if they hadn't it could still get there tommorrow dpending on where they shipped it from.

SuperSah

Banned
Oh I thought you said amazon hadn't sent it yet. But i guess even if they hadn't it could still get there tommorrow dpending on where they shipped it from.

No, it hasn't been sent. It says it's supposed to arrive tomorrow but still is on 'dispatching now'.

Damaniel

Banned
I must have missed it since I haven't looked in a while, but the US Amazon site now says they'll be up for sale at 2PM PST tomorrow, and that they have 'very limited quantities'. Guess I'm going to have to hover over the F5 key if I want to get one...

I must have missed it since I haven't looked in a while, but the US Amazon site now says they'll be up for sale at 2PM PST tomorrow, and that they have 'very limited quantities'. Guess I'm going to have to hover over the F5 key if I want to get one...

Human speed might be too slow.

Script time.

My mall picked the wrong day (today) to give out $15 gift cards to people who subscribed to their newsletter. Unless they put out a sign saying they're not accepting the gift cards, Gamestop at the mall is gonna be pissed.

Vlaphor

Work in electronics at Walmart and I've been getting a ton of calls about these. We have six in stock, so I tell people to get here early.

I won't be working when they actually go on sale.

crpav

I was at one of the Walmart's near me today and they had received ZERO. NONE. EB Games near me is first come first serve no pre-ordering. Probably just wait out front of the local Best Buy tomorrow morning.

Work in electronics at Walmart and I've been getting a ton of calls about these. We have six in stock, so I tell people to get here early.

I am not liking the sound of this. Live in small town with a walmart and plan is to go to gym at 5 tomorrow, lift, then drive up and check....to be disappointed I'm sure.

Petrae

Kotaku ranked the 30 games: http://kotaku.com/all-30-nes-classic-games-ranked-1788813360

Dunno if I agree with Excitebike is an "awful game".

Clickbaity list is clickbaity.

I've read some shitty lists in the Internet Age, which is saturated with shitty lists, but this one takes the cake.

Ice Climbers better than Ninja Gaiden? Excitebike is an awful game? Holy shit.

Yeah, I think I'm not even gonna bother. Nintendo doesn't want my $60, that's fine. I'm not 20 anymore, with limitless time to chase down a toy. I'd buy what you're selling, Nintendo, but you don't want to sell it to me.

So fuck you.

TFORTOM

Neo Member
Got mine yesterday (Australia), no issues getting it either, being able to preorder.

Cool little machine, interesting for me considering I haven't used an original NES before. Can't really comment on the Controller itseld in comparison to the old as a result.

The lack of an AC plug through me off at first, but plugging the standard USB cord into my Computer Monitor and the HDMI also into it provided it with enough power to run, so that's pretty awesome.

I'd imagine that treating it almost like a desktop console is the way to go, seeing as the cables are really short. It's small enough to just sit under my Monitor, so I guess I'll treat it as a quick-play machine or something, as the suspend/resume feature works nicely in that regard.

Turnbl

Ordered 18 Jul.

Currently: Arriving Saturday / Dispatching now / 10 Nov Will dispatch / 12 Nov Arriving Saturday

as @19:15 Thursday

The £49 did turn into a pending transaction on my bank account today though.

So ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Just got my dispatched notification at 22:20 Thursday

AGoodODST

Just spoke to Amazon UK.

Same boat here :/ Hopefully it will still arrive.

Edit: Annnnd just got the email there. Yesssss.

jonno394

My amazon UK order dispatched a little before 10pm. I've had things ship at 3am and still arrive next day, plus Amazon have same day delivery, the infrastructure is there to get it to you, don't worry :)

Doctre81

Well if it makes anyone feel better I have had times where my amazon order didn't ship until 1 or 2 am and I still got it by 11am the same day. And that's with super saver shipping.

DonShula

Yeah, I think I'm not even gonna bother. Nintendo doesn't want my $60, that's fine. I'm not 20 anymore, with limitless time to chase down a toy. I'd buy what you're selling, Nintendo, but you don't want to sell it to me.

So fuck you.

Whoever's job it is at Nintendo to gauge the market demand for new products should have been fired a long time ago. They've had the problem for years and by all accounts the NES Classic is going to be just as bad if not worse. Hopefully they have additional shipments coming in short order.

The irony of all this is them not accepting preorders, which would have indicated the immense demand for the product sooner than the day it actually releases...

Shizza

Ordered mine from Target [US] when the pre-orders went up in August. Never got a shipping email from them, but I checked my order on their website and it looks like it should be here next week. Kinda annoying that it's coming late, but also relieved that it is actually coming! Now in search of that extra controller.

Mellahan

Concerned about dinosaur erection.
I'm gonna take my chances and get to GameStop when it opens. Only once in my life has that worked - Wii.

Petrae

Whoever's job it is at Nintendo to gauge the market demand for new products should have been fired a long time ago. They've had the problem for years and by all accounts the NES Classic is going to be just as bad if not worse. Hopefully they have additional shipments coming in short order.

The irony of all this is them not accepting preorders, which would have indicated the immense demand for the product sooner than the day it actually releases...

Visited a local independent game store yesterday. The manager told me that his original allocation was 50, just after the item was announced. Then it got cut to 32. Manager told customers, looked like he would sell out.

Two weeks ago, he got a phone call. His allocation got cut to 3. THREE.

This whole thing has been a clusterfuck of the highest magnitude. But Nintendo excels at this kind of buffoonery. Should have expected it.

I still remember the debacle over the GameCube adapters for the wiiu. They have an aversion to easy money it seems.

ubiblu

Don't stress. These things will become very easy to obtain with further shipments, and a large percentage of owners buying into the hype. Once they sit down and realise that only Mario 1-3 have aged okay, people will start selling them back in the droves: "I'll just get an emulator" will be the catchcry.

Celine

Don't stress. These things will become very easy to obtain with further shipments, and a large percentage of owners buying into the hype. Once they sit down and realise that only Mario 1-3 have aged okay, people will start selling them back in the droves: "I'll just get an emulator" will be the catchcry.
While Super Mario Bros 1-3 are great, they are by no means the only worthwhile games among the 30 available.

I just remembered that I've never beaten every single level in Mario bros 3 , I've always used the warp ladder every single time I've played it lol

Think I'll finally complete every level in the game

goldenpp72

Clickbaity list is clickbaity.

I've read some shitty lists in the Internet Age, which is saturated with shitty lists, but this one takes the cake.

Ice Climbers better than Ninja Gaiden? Excitebike is an awful game? Holy shit.

So fuck you.

Why not wait a week to see if it's easy to find instead of needing it day one like a child then?

Tall Paul

Really hoping to grab one of these near Christmas, had to cancel pre order but still think it's looking great, be interesting to see if anyone uses the Xbox One HDMI In & Xbox USB to power it, ideal set up!

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Really hoping to grab one of these near Christmas, had to cancel pre order but still think it's looking great, be interesting to see if anyone uses the Xbox One HDMI In & Xbox USB to power it, ideal set up!

well i could try it but with the freakish short controller cable that would be stupid

SuperSah

Banned
Amazon UK emailed me stating they're preparing the order for delivery tomorrow.

I'll remain cautious until I receive legitimate confirmation since that's just some dude behind a call centre monitor.

sphinx

the piano man
Germany-Gaf, what are my chances of going tomorrow to a random Saturn/MediaMarkt/whatever and being able to buy this in a store??

maxcriden

Already a line here for midnight... kinda pissed because my wife wants one (she hates games, go figure) and there won't be enough

Holy crap! Five hours early?!

I really hope nobody is at my local WM before they open at 6 AM tomorrow. I just called back and they said electronics closes at 10 and store closes at midnight, they won't even have them out at 6 AM but someone will definitely be able to go into the back and get me one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom