• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chucker

I'm getting one of these for sure, and I kind of want to run around like an idiot at midnight tonight, but only because I'm going to be out of town just about up until Thanksgiving.

On one hand, short supply, on the other hand we'll be on vacation.
The kids will probably be in bed by 7-8 and then we'll be confined to the hotel room.

Faiz

Ugh my closest was-mart is 24 hours and I have no desire to go out earlier than 6 or 7. Target is across the street but seems like Wal-mart are getting more units. no clue how this is gonna go tomorrow.

maxcriden

I'm getting one of these for sure, and I kind of want to run around like an idiot at midnight tonight, but only because I'm going to be out of town just about up until Thanksgiving.

On one hand, short supply, on the other hand we'll be on vacation.
The kids will probably be in bed by 7-8 and then we'll be confined to the hotel room.

I would be very surprised if any are left when you're on vacation. Call your stores before you go to them at midnight though to make sure they're purchasable at that time; they might have them in the back at that time or something. I doubt most WMs will put them out by then honestly. So you'll likely have to call, make sure they'll have them by then, and make sure they'll let you get one then. Good luck!

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I just want a damn Wii controller, not the system, and they're still gonna make me scramble for this? :(

clem84

Gold Member
I just called my nearest EBgames here in Canada and asked if they had received them and if they were selling them tomorrow. She said yes. So I asked at what time they were opening and also asked "it's first come first served right?" She jokingly said "Yep... Bring a chair and a Baseball bat."

????

I won't wait an hour in front of the store to get one just to be turned away because they didn't receive enough units or, whatever, fight anyone to get it. I know she said that as a joke but I got the feeling it was going to be chaos.

So... Do you guys believe this item will be sold for a little while at least? Like a for a few months? It won't be a holiday item and then, that's it right? I don't mind waiting if I know I'll eventually get one.

So... Do you guys believe this item will be sold for a little while at least? Like a for a few months? It won't be a holiday item and then, that's it right? I don't mind waiting if I know I'll eventually get one.

Nintendo will keep selling them as long as they're popular. So if you can wait, great. Just keep in mind if they are heavily stock constrained it could be next year when you find one.

AdanVC

Agh, why the hell Nintendo always does this when launches a new product? I want to buy one but I was planning to do so later on december because I'm short on money right now but after reading that this could probably become rare and difficult to get later on I have no option than trying to see if I can get one tomorrow. This sucks. Nintendo doesn't have consideration of poor people hahah :'( But it's ok, It's not like that I'm really looking forward to get one of this, I already played those 30 games to hell. I just want to see them in HD for a few moments and then put the mini NES on display on my desk or something hah.

dock

How many of the games have multiplayer that is worth playing?

I'm planning to use my Wii classic controller (non-pro) for multiplayer but I'm wondering whether there will be anything worth buying the real controller for.

(my NES Classic Mini is waiting for me at home right now, but I have to work late! >__<)

My Target pre-order isn't scheduled to arrive until Tuesday. Maybe the Fed-Ex tracking is playing it safe with the delivery date. It's possible, right?

On another note, I wrote an opinion piece about the NES Classic Edition that was published in my college's newspaper today! It's my first published work, and I'm glad it's about something I love.

Retsudo

Mine came in the wee hours of the morning today. Thank you Nintendo UK. Still haven't taken it out of the box.

Now to find another controller on sale.

My Target pre-order isn't scheduled to arrive until Tuesday. Maybe the Fed-Ex tracking is playing it safe with the delivery date. It's possible, right?

On another note, I wrote an opinion piece about the NES Classic Edition that was published in my college's newspaper today! It's my first published work, and I'm glad it's about something I love.

My Target tracking was way off. It's arriving Saturday according to the UPS tracker but Target still claims the 17th-20th.

AdanVC

The Wii pro controller also works with this!? goddammit! I just sold mine few months ago because I've barely used it :(((((

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
The Wii pro controller also works with this!? goddammit! I just sold mine few months ago because I've barely used it :(((((

To clarify, the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro.

28085856791l.jpg

Didn't want people thinking the Wii U Pro Controller works with this.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
In the US. Do you guys think I'd be able to pick up a second controller at a store tomorrow or is there someplace online to order one?

a916

I will never understand this artifical demand.

To me, whatever, I have enough disposable income that I can either get this or not, won't really affect me... but what if a 6 year old kid wanted it? Is his parent supposed to wait inline in the middle of the night and hope for the best? What a clueless company...

To me, whatever, I have enough disposable income that I can either get this or not, won't really affect me... but what if a 6 year old kid wanted it? Is his parent supposed to wait inline in the middle of the night and hope for the best? What a clueless company...

Honest question: What makes you think that it is artificial scarcity rather than an underestimation of demand?

AGoodODST

I think I'm this case it was underestimation of demand.

SCB3

Agh, why the hell Nintendo always does this when launches a new product? I want to buy one but I was planning to do so later on december because I'm short on money right now but after reading that this could probably become rare and difficult to get later on I have no option than trying to see if I can get one tomorrow. This sucks. Nintendo doesn't have consideration of poor people hahah :'( But it's ok, It's not like that I'm really looking forward to get one of this, I already played those 30 games to hell. I just want to see them in HD for a few moments and then put the mini NES on display on my desk or something hah.

it's why I pre-ordered at several places for the Switch(I'll release them closer to the date, depends on the best bundle for Money at the time of purchase)

Lothars

I think I'm this case it was underestimation of demand.
I don't see how that could possibly be the case because they didn't allow preorders in most places. It seemed like the tlak was mostly positive.

I will be dissapointed if this is hard to find because that's a screw up on Nintendo's part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom