• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tansut

What time would a 24/7 Walmart sell those ?
I have two 24/7 Walmarts that are both around 10 minutes away from me. One said it'd be available when their manager was in the store early Friday morning, at like 6:30, while the other said it'd be available at midnight.

So naturally I'm gonna try the midnight one and hope for the best.

Kotaku ranked the 30 games: http://kotaku.com/all-30-nes-classic-games-ranked-1788813360

Dunno if I agree with Excitebike is an "awful game".
Any list that doesn't have Ice Climber at dead last is trash.

What the fuck was Schreier smoking when he listed Excitebike as the worst of the 30 games? I mean, like most 80s games, it hasn't held up fantastically well, but when you have a list of games that includes Zelda 2 or Ice Climbers and you rank Excitebike much lower, you have to wonder if you are still clinically sane.

Also, WTF at Super Mario Bros "
Press Sneak Fuck Schreier said:
Feels Kinda Clunky

What the fuck was Schreier smoking when he listed Excitebike as the worst of the 30 games? I mean, like most 80s games, it hasn't held up fantastically well, but when you have a list of games that includes Zelda 2 or Ice Climbers and you rank Excitebike much lower, you have to wonder if you are still clinically sane.

Also, WTF at Super Mario Bros "

I was with you until you said Zelda 2

My local Wal-Mart said they'd sell the whole 5 they have in stock at midnight tonight.

I guess I'd better get there at 9 or 10 in hopes of securing one.

OmegaFax

There is a DCPI or item number for these with Target or Wal-Mart yet or is it just a matter of calling the store and asking what they have? I'm tempted to trek out to my nearest Wal-Mart before midnight to see if they have them for sale.

They missed the mark by a pretty huge margin.

They mentioned they were shocked by the overwhelming positive reaction.

I gotta admit, I was surprise how positively it was received. it had like 50K likes on twitter.

Hopefully I can get one for my dad for Christmas.

Turnbl

Anyone from the U.K. still waiting for Amazon to dispatch?

Anyone else in the UK note yet theirs ship from Amazon?

It says arriving tomorrow but it's still not shipped.

Ordered 18 Jul.

Currently: Arriving Saturday / Dispatching now / 10 Nov Will dispatch / 12 Nov Arriving Saturday

as @19:15 Thursday

The £49 did turn into a pending transaction on my bank account today though.

So ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

maxcriden

In the US. Do you guys think I'd be able to pick up a second controller at a store tomorrow or is there someplace online to order one?

It's really going to depend on the store. But stores seem to be getting far fewer controllers than systems based on the info ITT. So I'd really call your local stores today and see.

Spades

B724afa.jpg

Well, this was a pretty awesome way to spend my 33rd birthday.

maxcriden

There is a DCPI or item number for these with Target or Wal-Mart yet or is it just a matter of calling the store and asking what they have? I'm tempted to trek out to my nearest Wal-Mart before midnight to see if they have them for sale.

Target: 207-29-0180
WM: 54043501

If a Walmart closes at midnight, would they sell it then or or these stores the 24 hour ones?

Call them and ask. :)

Anth0ny

They mentioned they were shocked by the overwhelming positive reaction.

I gotta admit, I was surprise how positively it was received. it had like 50K likes on twitter.

Hopefully I can get one for my dad for Christmas.

somehow nintendo of all companies doesn't understand the power of nostalgia

it's baffling

Jason says that Bubble Bobble is an Arcade game with no depth.

What?

The scoring system alone makes it deeper than most of the games on the NES classic.

Kotaku ranked the 30 games: http://kotaku.com/all-30-nes-classic-games-ranked-1788813360

These are some truly awful opinions... Balloon fight not holding up well? Adventure mode alone is incredible... hell they basically just made that with 3D visuals and released it for Nintendo Land. Putting games like galaga above some truly great classics because "they are too arcade" is just insulting.

Richie

Ice Climbers and Donkey Kong Jr, superior to Ninja Gaiden.
Punch-Out below the NES port of Pac-Man.
Excitebike as the worst game of all 30 included.

Iiii don't think I'll be relying on this gentleman's opinions on classic games anytime soon. Coincidentially, earlier today I stumbled across TechCrunch's review, which includes a compact rundown of the 30 games that definitely is worth reading over Kotaku's. Have at it.

Options are nice but so far honestly I feel like there is no reason to stick to any display mode but Pixel Perfect.

While the pixels may be a "perfect" square, the original image displays stretched on a CRT.

You aren't wrong for using 1:1, it just isn't the aspect ratio the games were designed to output to. Nor was 4:3 for that matter.

Reason for the options is to get an approximation due to hardware and display limitations.

While the pixels may be a "perfect" square, the original image displays stretched on a CRT.

You aren't wrong for using 1:1, it just isn't the aspect ratio the games were designed to output to. Nor was 4:3 for that matter.

Reason for the options is to get an approximation due to hardware and display limitations.

Fair enough! Going through the games is super fun so far but man how'd any grown adult in the eighties use that controller? lol

d6AF62F.jpg

maxcriden

Damn. Called one WM and they close at midnight and won't sell till tomorrow at 7 AM. Called another and they're open 24 hours but don't have stock yet and if they get it tonight will put it on shelves sometime overnight and said to cbk tomorrow. >.<

Well, this was a pretty awesome way to spend my 33rd birthday.

YOU. You are a bad, bad person. I was successfully resisting getting one until I saw that shot. Dammit.
I was obviously looking for an excuse as I was looking through this thread anyway. And nice pic. :)

I was at one of the Walmart's near me today and they had received ZERO. NONE. EB Games near me is first come first serve no pre-ordering. Probably just wait out front of the local Best Buy tomorrow morning.

Super C the &#128016;&#128016;
Better than contra imo but I only played super C growing up and only played contra when contra 4 released so nostalgia probably is making favor it more.

One GameStop said they will have more than 5
One said 12
One said at least between 7 and 9 &#129300;

I'll call Walmart since they are open 24/7

Called the local Best Buy, they said they'd have "quite a few" when they open tomorrow, but also that they've had "quite a few" calls asking about it already.

jmizzal

My Best buy didnt give me a number, but somebody on cheapassgamer said one of theirs is getting 42 and another one is getting 10, so its up in the air.

I will stop by in the morning if I cant get an online order over night

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom