• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushigod7

Enough to judge demand. I don't buy the "surprised by demand" argument.

Oh for sure I don't either its totally the other reason. Let them slip out little by little keep demand up etc etc. Its a dick move on their part.

edit: Nintendo NYC said they had 250 tickets to hand out for tonight's event I wonder how many they got to sell in general?

Cornbread78

That's my strategy lol....

Any chance I could stroll into a Walmart and get this at midnight?

I would call first, our line is almost full already. Reseller found out 1 per and called family in as back up..

Makes me feel like:
CPjG5AL.gif

Man hearing how few units most stores seem to be getting is a bummer. This thing blew up on social media back when it was announced, Nintendo can't play the "we didn't anticipate the demand" card. I think I'll just try Amazon tomorrow and if that fails, I'll wait til they are more readily available. I ain't lining up or wasting my entire day running around looking for a $60 novelty item.

Oni Jazar

This is an amazing / cheap little system that I would buy for me and just about everyone I know for christmas.

It's NOT something that I would spend hours waiting for at a walmart till midnight or camp out at a gamestop who has only a handful of units or buy off scalpers for over retail.

wtf Nintendo.

This is an amazing / cheap little system that I would buy for me and just about everyone I know for christmas.

It's NOT something that I would spend hours waiting for at a walmart till midnight or camp out at a gamestop who has only a handful of units or buy off scalpers for over retail.

wtf Nintendo.

I'm inclined to agree, but I don't want to be scalped. 😕

Oni Jazar

Is it even worth scalping? Even if you double the price you're making what $40 or so? It's not like the PS3 launch days. Price it higher then that and you may as well just buy a real NES.

Is it even worth scalping? Even if you double the price you're making what $40 or so? It's not like the PS3 launch days. Price it higher then that and you may as well just buy a real NES.

The issue is the cost for physical carts of some of those games that are on the Mini, even incomplete.

This thread got me to calling the Walmart I was going to go to. Guy tells me they'll have 6 to sell at midnight, and goes on to say he's had at least 15 call in the last hour. Still gonna give it a shot, but I'm not too optimistic. If I miss out, there's always the Amazon chance tomorrow I suppose.

This thread got me to calling the Walmart I was going to go to. Guy tells me they'll have 6 to sell at midnight, and goes on to say he's had at least 15 call in the last hour. Still gonna give it a shot, but I'm not too optimistic. If I miss out, there's always the Amazon chance tomorrow I suppose.

RIP F5 key.

Minions

Yeah I might head over at midnight. If its sold out already oh well. Not worth it to spend hours waiting for a $60 console. Its a nice novelty with no long term prospects. (Since it has no expandable library)

buttdiver

In line at a local Walmart. 5 copies and I'm fourth in line. There have been a ton of calls while I've been here too asking about the line.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
i am in line for my front door.
My cat is sleeping in the living room,
My dog is in the kitchen.

So i am pretty sure i am the first to get the post at my front door.

Lol @stores

8m going to gamestop at 930 before they open. If there are more than 5 people waiting im going back home. I played this game with amiibo. Not playing it again

Just called Walmart, told me they'd have some to sell at midnight. Figure I need to go pick up some stuff I'll just try and go and grab it then. If I don't snag it oh well.

Edit: Anyone going to gamestop, they should have a sign posted on the door. My local gamestop actually had to give all theirs to another store because they took reserves on a fake sku so a lot of people in that district had to give the few they got to that store. Just as a warning, you may be able to drive by tonight to see if they put the sign up now if you're worried.

People standing outside for a NES us slightly amusing to me. Feels Like I'm going back in time

Still gonna hope more appear during December shopping. Well at least it gives me confidence that perhaps a SNES classic can occur.

b3b0p

This is funny seeing people standing inline for this and camping out.

Only imagine if Nintendo released original NES that played real carts and/or this device with the ability to add more games to play?

mantis23

Happened to be in Target tonight so I asked the guy in electronics about it. He said he has taken easily 200 calls/questions about it today.

They have 12 units.

He said they will hand out tickets and he expects people to line up overnight. I guess this isnt going to be worth the effort to get.

Just noticed that there are scalpers on German Amazon seeing this for 200 - 300€ already.

Mine will come in today and for the first time in my life I seriously consider selling it for a profit.

But then again I could never split from Nintendo hardware, no matter how bad or awesome it is.

Happened to be in Target tonight so I asked the guy in electronics about it. He said he has taken easily 200 calls/questions about it today.

They have 12 units.

He said they will hand out tickets and he expects people to line up overnight. I guess this isnt going to be worth the effort to get.
Just wait for it to be restocked. Shouldn't take that long actually.

Your health and sanity if probably not worth getting this near looking NES emulator on launch day.
Prices will normalize over the next few months like they did with amiibo.

If you can't get one today at regular price just wait for it. It most probably won't be a limited run.
And it most probably won't be worth twice the price or more.
Remember: if you bought all these games on the Wii U eShop you'd pay ~150$/€.
Don't pay that much.

Sushigod7

They have 12 units.

What city are you in?

Minions

People are crazy.... waiting in line for hours for a $60 Nes? What do people think they are gonna be able to flip these for?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom