• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

clem84

Gold Member
The listing is on Amazon.ca but you can't preorder. Is it because all the preorders are already gone or because they haven't started yet?

Camjo-Z

Decided I'm going to try and grab one from Amazon tomorrow, and if I don't get it I don't get it. Can't be bothered to deal with more fake shortage BS from Nintendo this time.

TLZ

Banned
I'm going to call my Wal-Mart and head there at midnight. Going to grab a few because I know these are going to be hard to find.

Yeah might as well buy a few and flip 'em @ a profit to pay for the rest of my holiday shopping.

I don't usually swear but seriously F*** right off you two. People here genuinely want this machine to play and Nintendo priced at low for a reason. Piss off with that mentality and let us be.

Cornbread78

Holy crap! Five hours early?!

I really hope nobody is at my local WM before they open at 6 AM tomorrow. I just called back and they said electronics closes at 10 and store closes at midnight, they won't even have them out at 6 AM but someone will definitely be able to go into the back and get me one.

Oh man, I was gong to drop by my local 24hr Wal-Mart around midnight. Hope there's not a similar situation.

It's been primarily resellers trying to make some quick money. Kinda BS if you ask me.

Well, this was a pretty awesome way to spend my 33rd birthday.

Does your monitor have sound? I'd love to hook mine up to one of my PC monitors but neither of mine have in-built sound.

Getting mine from GS tomorrow, preordered the day after it was announced. The manager there is a friendly, helpful guy and he is completely exasperated by the whole thing. He had a few choice words for Nintendo, said that it's basically them and only them this happens to these days. There is a loooooong list of names at my store (south east of Ireland) in case of a cancellation since all the stock has been sold for months.

Couldn't get a second controller because there was no listing for them when I booked the console, and now those are all sold as well. Have to wait for Monday for possible cancellations.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Mine was shipped earlier today, really happy because I had expected a delay after they send an email that they might not receive enough.

insane i heard that bart smith and intertoys where getting like 4 consoles a store,
heck even mediamarkt got 16 !!!

this console is rare

Randam

Germany-Gaf, what are my chances of going tomorrow to a random Saturn/MediaMarkt/whatever and being able to buy this in a store??

hope they are good.

our local Media Markt does have them yet, but says they will go on sale tomorrow. you couldn't pre order them.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Well, looks like I'm moving my purchases from tomorrow to around Christmas. Hopefully neither of my recipients pick one up before I get a chance to get them one.

I don't usually swear but seriously F*** right off you two. People here genuinely want this machine to play and Nintendo priced at low for a reason. Piss off with that mentality and let us be.

It's been primarily resellers trying to make some quick money. Kinda BS if you ask me.

I'm with you guys. I understand the appeal of reselling, making a bit of money, who doesn't like a little extra cash? I do wish that there was enough supply to meet the demand, but when people know stock is going to be low and insist on buying 4 or 5 just to resell at twice the price or more really annoys me. As TLZ said, some people are looking to buy this to enjoy the product not make a quick buck, it really sucks that they have to miss out on something they would genuinely enjoy because another person saw an opportunity to fatten their wallet.

TLZ

Banned
I'm with you guys. I understand the appeal of reselling, making a bit of money, who doesn't like a little extra cash? I do wish that there was enough supply to meet the demand, but when people know stock is going to be low and insist on buying 4 or 5 just to resell at twice the price or more really annoys me. As TLZ said, some people are looking to buy this to enjoy the product not make a quick buck, it really sucks that they have to miss out on something they would genuinely enjoy because another person saw an opportunity to fatten their wallet.

A great Christmas gift ruined by these sharks. I do blame Nintendo as well.

On another note, GAME shipped mine! Counting down the days now.

I don't get why Nintendo does this. Why do they artificially hold down the amount of their product that people want? It's confusing.

I'm going to hit the Gamestop down the block from me at opening tomorrow. If one isn't there, then I'll get it when I get it instead of trying too hard to find one. Nintendo is incredibly frustrating, though.

SuperSah

Banned
Fuck Nintendo.

Amazon emailed me saying my order was delayed and it's now processing but will have a 'new delivery date' yet the site still says 'arriving today'.

Seriously? I had this thing preordered in July! I was certainly way ahead of most people, I'm very very disappointed. :/

AdanVC

I seriously still cannot comprehend this thing will cost $2000 pesos here in Mexico. That's exactly $97 US dollars.100 dollars, people! I will check Amazon Mexico at midnight when they said this will go on sale, hoping they will sell it at a decent price, if they not, I will definitely pass on this thing.

Shiggy

I guess I got lucky. Amazon sent my system (preordered in July...) and Game UK sent two NES controllers (preordered just two weeks ago huh). I guess I could sell one of the controllers on eBay and almost break even. Crazy.

-shadow-

I don't get why Nintendo does this. Why do they artificially hold down the amount of their product that people want? It's confusing.
They never expected the positive reaction, it seems they were completely caught off guard. Which is hilarious when you think about it. The NES Mini they had no expectations for, yet the WiiU would sell tens of millions of units...

SuperSah

Banned
I guess I got lucky. Amazon sent my system (preordered in July...) and Game UK sent two NES controllers (preordered just two weeks ago huh). I guess I could sell one of the controllers on eBay and almost break even. Crazy.

Really pissed off to be honest. You'd think those who preordered it early would actually get it. Talk about being shafted.

If I wake up and it's not dispatched, I'm just cancelling it entirely.

B.K.

Because they know it sells systems. If they release limited amounts, then people will go crazy trying to get it and there wont' be leftover stock on store shelves.

Sushigod7

Just called a nearby wal mart she said she thought they had about 50, super target down the street said 15. So hitting walmart at midnight not chancing tomorrow.

MisterHero

Fuck Nintendo.
Yup, even if I get one. I might have to be refrained from making a thread about how Nintendo doesn't want their fans' money; depends on how I'm feeling. kidding. maybe. They had months to take preorders and they didn't.

The scalper bullshit has to end.

EBreda

Anyone has a rough estimate of how many units Amazon Us has in stock? I know stock is limited, but I mean, limited as in a few hundred or a few dozens?

Gonna be tough scoring one.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Nintendo had months to gauge interest via preorders, social media, etc. I'm sure they have additional production runs planned based on that, but pretty sure it's also an actual strategy to not tell the public about that in order to create a certain demand mindset. People won't rush out to buy it if they know there's plenty of stock.

Sushigod7

Anyone has a rough estimate of how many units Amazon Us has in stock? I know stock is limited, but I mean, limited as in a few hundred or a few dozens?

Gonna be tough scoring one.

I'm sure they have more than a few dozen being the largest online retailer but I fully expect it to be a shit show. Many of the Amiibo drops they treated this way were gone with in seconds. For some the page loaded for a lot it didn't.

Nintendo had months to gauge interest via preorders, social media, etc. I'm sure they have additional production runs planned based on that, but pretty sure it's also an actual strategy to not tell the public about that in order to create a certain demand mindset. People won't rush out to buy it if they know there's plenty of stock.

Huh? There has been hardly any pre-orders they literally have no way to gauge in the US at least.

They never expected the positive reaction, it seems they were completely caught off guard. Which is hilarious when you think about it. The NES Mini they had no expectations for, yet the WiiU would sell tens of millions of units...

100% bullshit... They never got caught off guard for this. They announced this thing BEFORE they started manufacturing and they definitely knew the buzz surrounding it. They had the pre-order numbers from Europe and what few US retailers did a pre-order... This is planned scarcity.

Holy cow. Just called my local Walmart. They don't have. Tried one a bit farther. They have 6. Said they're starting a line at 7:00 AM tomorrow morning at Layaway. First come, first serve.

random25

It's available here now finally! But damn did they price it so high here. It's like $85 here total, and that's without the adapter. And the Famicom one is almost $100.

They did this with Amiibo, too, and I'm stunned that they would not know that people have been waiting decades to get officially licensed character figurines. And yet they sent about a billion WiiUs out there, as you said. Who judges these things?

Because they know it sells systems. If they release limited amounts, then people will go crazy trying to get it and there wont' be leftover stock on store shelves.

I would like to think that they have a bit more faith in the power of their brand, especially when it relates to nostalgia.

dgco86

It's available here now finally! But damn did they price it so high here. It's like $85 here total, and that's without the adapter. And the Famicom one is almost $100.

Where in Asia are you? Also, which region did your country receive? US or Europe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom