• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bane

I'm in the US but yeah, my area has had same day shipping for a little while now so there may still be hope for them.

On a somewhat funny note, the Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses concert was in my town tonight and before it started the producer came out and mentioned this coming out tomorrow and to make sure and pick one up. I heard people all around in the audience basically say "Good luck with that."

Jamaro85

Target not in stock like they claimed, argh.

Edit: Congrats to you two who got it on the GameStop app. I immediately went and DLed it, but it seems to be OOS. It shows that it's available but won't let me check out, and hitting add to cart won't add anything.

Target's site still broken, it seems, yes.
From their Twitter:
" We sincerely apologize, we are experiencing website issues due to the high amount of usage by our guests."

AgeEighty

Gamestops site seems to be back up. Unsurprisingly they only offer extra controllers in bundles.

Not sure what's going on with Gamestop, but they've been showing the vanilla console in stock for the past two hours, and just now I got an order in for one. Surely it can't be because the site just hasn't been putting orders through for anyone.

MouldyK

Time for me to head on down to my local Smyths in the UK.

I pre-ordered it to collect, but no news about that. And they stopped Pre-orders shortly after, so i'm hoping they have one for me there.

Tansut

Can't get it to work on the Gamestop app, can't get the Gamestop site to work, Target is OOS.

Just not meant to be for me tonight, methinks.

Jamaro85

Was the Classic ever up for sale on Wal-Mart? Did they just forget to remove the "coming soon" note?

Edit: Yeah nevermind with the controller being available yet saying "coming soon" as well.

thequestion

I'm still trying to wrap my head around the idea that a 30 year game system with games that I've already played countless hours on..... is something I have such a deep craving to buy.

What, does NIntendo have a sorcerer in their employ? I'm probably going to play these games for 30 minutes and then put the console next to my dust collecting WIIU....but still....must get my hands on this system....the urge can't be suppressed.

The walmart over here, is not 24 hrs, so, I'm setting my alarm so I can be there an hour before the store opens. Wish me luck, friends. Best wishes to all of you trying to get one.

Tubtub

Neo Member
I got the system and controller at walmart. It went up right at 3 EST. A few seconds after I ordered I checked the page and it said less than 6 in Stock then sold out. Lasted like a minute.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Welp. What time is Amazon supposed to go up? I've always been on the ball with Amazon.

Yay!

Got a controller ordered through Walmart.

Sucks since had to pay shipping through them, but I'll be getting it the same day as my NES Mini on Tuesday!

:D

NateDrake

Welp. What time is Amazon supposed to go up? I've always been on the ball with Amazon.

2pm Pacific. Amazon is where I'm going to try and hope for the best. I did pretty well getting amiibo from them, so hopefully I'll be able to secure an NES Classic as a birthday gift to myself.

Mr.Fusion

Got a controller from Walmart! I'm worried about my console order from Gamestop though. I received a confirmation email and was charged via Paypal, but the order doesn't show up in my order history.

Jamaro85

Yeah screw Target for wasting my time. Did anybody actually snag one at 3 AM EST? I'm sure others were repeatedly refreshing as well but I didn't see indication of it ever going back in stock at that moment.

FinKL

Going to sleep all the retailer sites I'm assuming are sold out now :( good luck all see you all at 2pm pst for an amazon chance!

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
Fuck off, Nintendo.

I bought a Gamecube on launch day. A GBA. A Wii. A WiiU. A DS and 3DS.

I own a fucking 20th Anniversary PS4 system that was actually intended to be limited.

This is a $60 piece of junk. Walmart didn't let me keep the item in the cart for 30 seconds. Fuck off. I'm not staying up any more.

You know what? I'll actually gladly drop $100 on this on CL. My time is worth more and Nintendo, you lose a sale.

For having the worst selling console - by a significant margin - and having dick shit to offer anyone on your console this holiday; I don't know why you're stingy with this artificial scarcity.

/rant

they did this with amiibo 2 years ago. Make 10 of them to get the demand really crazy. Fucking awful company and put me through hell collecting all the amiibo

Yeah, definitely feeling shades of when I tried to get a Wii and PS4 at launch. Target's site says it's in store locally, they open in 6 hours. If I pull in an hour early and there is a line I'm just gonna place all hopes on Amazon.

Gameboy415

Console already OOS! lol

How is it sold out already

Was the Classic ever up for sale on Wal-Mart? Did they just forget to remove the "coming soon" note?

Edit: Yeah nevermind with the controller being available yet saying "coming soon" as well.

Dang, it went fast!
I put an order in for a console + controller seconds before I posted the links (both of which are already 'processing', yay!).

Controllers still seem to be up though!

https://www.walmart.com/ip/NES-Classic-Controller-Nintendo-Wii-U/54906124

Zero315

Banned
Got the controller through Walmart. Didn't manage to get myself a system, but my moms birthday present is all taken care of now.

Trying to add it to the cart in the GameStop app just makes the app crash now haha.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I really don't think this is "artificial scarcity" -- folks seem to think Nintendo makes piles off cash by NOT selling items, for some odd reason.

AGoodODST

This thread is amazing. Never thought I would see a day when I would be reading stories of folk waiting in lines to buy an NES in 2016.

Well played Nintendo.

they make stakes of cash by making people want it more. They want to play it safe and only release a small amount. Either they wont lose money by overstocking, or they create a huge demand

Bane

Just keep trying Gamestop, everyone. I just got an order to go tthrough but I had to submit payment multiple times and everything was slow. I'm not sure if it mattered but after it had trouble processing my debit card a few times I used paypal and it went through.

Bane

Huh, that target twitter account is saying it's sold out now. I was hammering on reload when the time came and it never popped up. Weird.

Jamaro85

Yep, Target twitter just stated they're out. Meh, could've gone to bed an hour ago.

Huh, that target twitter account is saying it's sold out now. I was hammering on reload when the time came and it never popped up. Weird.

Perhaps 12 available like Wal-Mart physical stores. In which case only a few hit the lottery and the rest of us never saw it go in stock to begin with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom