• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fei

Got the system on Bestbuy and then the extra controller at Target. This seems like the path of least resistance!

You ever heard of the Wii?

They're doing EXACTLY the same thing selling it and making it the THE console to get this season. There'll be more in stock down the line but for now, it'll be hard to track down.

No way they're making it limited.

I don't know why people still insist Nintendo intentionally created the Wii stock shortages. In just over a year they sold more Wiis than they had sold GameCubes in six years and they didn't expect the Wii to be nearly as big of a success as it was. Of course they ran into supply issues.

Hell, in 2.5 years they sold more Wiis than they had produced units of the both the N64 and GameCube across their combined decade-long run, and before they even hit 3 years it had become their best selling home console ever. And don't forget, Nintendo had to shut-down production of the GameCube for 6 months only 2 years into its run to sell off excess stock and never really went back to full production, and were selling consoles at $99 while still not moving them quickly enough. They weren't at all prepared for the runaway success of the Wii, and even then, with all the shortages, they still had the fastest selling home console ever at the time.

And of course, this keeps getting brought up every time a Nintendo product ships in small quantities anyway. It's not to create artificial demand - it's because Nintendo's been burned by over-shipping multiple times (see: numerous retailer returns of the GameCube and Wii, and many failed peripherals, as well as the rare over-shipped game, like Other M, which was one of the rare Nintendo games to get frequent retailer mark-downs) and historically has tried to be conservative with first runs/early shipments to prevent it from happening.

NateDrake

Fuck you, Best Buy. Had it in my cart and it made me re-verify my account information. Got to 'Billing' and it removed from my cart.

//ARCANUM

I ordered one on Best Buy, but I'm not sure if I even want it... I have my original NES and a bunch of games sitting in a closet... lol.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Yikes sorry guys, Bestbuy sold out fast as fuck. I can imagine amazon will be even faster since people know the time o_O

AZ Greg

Got one from Best Buy!

Sorry to hear about you all getting it denied last second, but, fingers crossed, hopefully that means they knew their supply and I'm good!

rec0ded1

damn got to the checkout confirmation pages on both gamestop and BB only to get "your shoppinbg cart is empty" messages on both jdklasjdklaj

Got one from Best Buy!

Sorry to hear about you all getting it denied last second, but, fingers crossed, hopefully that means they knew their supply and I'm good!

Yeah, that they cut off orders so abruptly makes me optimistic that they have their shit together and only allowed as many as they could fulfill.

Minions

BB window for purchase was <5 mins so yeah I think they know how many they have. The controller went oos in like a minute from my post.

Kintaco

Had a bunch of shit saved to my Gamestop cart that I was looking at before and didn't really want, so I tried deleting the items and of course couldn't. And now can't complete the order. Oh well I screwed up, should have just ordered and tried to cancel the extra shit I had on there.

Minions

I think the controller is way rarer than the consoles. At least you can use any wii controller with it I think, or the 3rd party wireless nes controller.

None of the walmarts I know of had any controllers in store at all.

For the people that bought them at Wal-Mart, what time did you go and what time did they sell them? I'm on the west coast, am I already too late?

I think the controller is way rarer than the consoles. At least you can use any wii controller with it I think, or the 3rd party wireless nes controller.

None of the walmarts I know of had any controllers in store at all.
Well you can use the controller in Wii VC no? That and it being cheap is appealing even without the Mini console.

Minions

For the people that bought them at Wal-Mart, what time did you go and what time did they sell them? I'm on the west coast, am I already too late?

For my Walmart I showed up 45-50 mins before midnight and there were 6 people in front. They had 12 consoles. The 12th person showed up about 30 minutes before midnight.

Well you can use the controller in Wii VC no? That and it being cheap is appealing even without the Mini console.

That is true, but I don't think Nintendo thinks every single sale is going to buy a second console. I'd guess they probably only made 1/3 or 1/2 as many controllers as consoles..... part of me thinks its closer to the 1/3 figure.

Minions

FYI for anyone curious

The boxes have nothing sealing them at all. No tape nothing. You can open and seal them and no one will know. Just a little tidbit if anyone wants to play this thing until Christmas and then gift it.

Wink

Gameboy415

I went to my local Wal-Mart at 11:55PM to find out they only got 4 systems (and no controllers) and there were already 4 people waiting for them.
I was the 6th person there, the 5th being a nutjob that insisted on tail-gating me the entire way to the store (on a two-lane road with no other cars in sight), cut me off in the parking lot, and dashed into the store in front of me. Kinda glad he didn't get one, haha!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom