• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Celine

Just got one easily from Unieuro (an italian retail chain).
I'm in a small town and they have about 10 units.
I think I was the first customer to buy it (I went when they opened before going to work).

SalvaPot

I mean, 6-40 per store is much more than amiibo per store. I think Nintendo genuenly played it safe and didn't expect them to sold out as stupid fast as they did.

Also this one doesn't seem that hard to produce more, I'll be surprised if they don't have more for december.

Bane

Now to decide if I want to try and go to a GS in the morning to get one for a surprise for a friend. I mean, I like this friend, but sleeping in sounds pretty great right now as well.

D.Lo

You know what's weird/semi-cool about the NES Classic Edition in the US? the packaging actually continues a late era motif from the actual NES era, the red bar at the top with the console name:

Nes_Top_Loader_Box.jpg

Nintendo-NES-Challenge-Set-BOX-ONLY-With-styrofoam.jpg

NES-LittleSamson.jpg

nes-classic-edition-box.png

Early consoles and games of course didn't have it.

That's a pretty amazing little detail. Essentially making the NES Mini a direct continuation of the original console line in branding.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
I mean, 6-40 per store is much more than amiibo per store. I think Nintendo genuenly played it safe and didn't expect them to sold out as stupid fast as they did.

That, or scalpers have gotten greedier/sneakier. Folks remember the scarcity of the Wii and think all new Nintendo hardware (Classic, Amiibo, etc) is SUPER VALUABLE. Resellers are more dedicated than common consumers and get their hands on more of it, thus depleting the supply.

The flip side of this is that folks who CAN'T sell the units for a tidy profit are likely to return them in a few weeks (or months, depending on Christmas returns) -- so "meeting the supply" might turn into "flooding the market" if/when scalpers can't sell all their release day units.

thrake

Neo Member
Amazon DE

Console shipped - Arriving next Tuesday...wtf??? But ok

Controller not shipped yet.

My Console isn't due for shipment until December 14th, and my controller order was cancelled by Amazon because of limited Stock.

:(

Picking a console up at Media Markt in person today.

Skel1ingt0n

I can't *believe* these lazy developers keep making file sizes so damn large. Btw, how does technology work?
This is just silly.

I've played every single game on the device. I'm on vacation with my wife.

If anyone just wants a quick buck, shoot me a PM and I'll pay $100/shipped for one. I'm too old for this 1:34am F5 life. If not, good luck to all of you guys; but I'll bow out for a $60 emulator that we alll already kind of have.

Enjoy, folks!

Bane

Got to the credit card screen on Gamestop and just stopped there :/

It's looking like the site may be going down again. I tried getting one for a friend and started hitting the gateway and service unavailable screens from earlier.

Good luck to all trying later today.

Shiggy

My Console isn't due for shipment until December 14th, and my controller order was cancelled by Amazon because of limited Stock.

:(

Picking a console up at Media Markt in person today.

Did you preorder it at Media Markt? Yesterday evening most Media Markt stores indicated they don't have any stock left.

If anyone just wants a quick buck, shoot me a PM and I'll pay $100/shipped for one. I'm too old for this 1:34am F5 life. If not, good luck to all of you guys; but I'll bow out for a $60 emulator that we alll already kind of have.

With people paying 150 Euros and above on eBay, I assume they will rather sell it there.

My bro said that it'll be a planned shortage to create hype and this will be flooded come Black Friday and all of December

At the moment he's right
Nintendo got us again
Now to Reggie

This is the same thing that happened with amiibo. Take it from me, you either refresh nonstop even when they tell you to stop or you wont get one. I've seen some shit from amiibo

Shiggy

My bro said that it'll be a planned shortage to create hype and this will be flooded come Black Friday and all of December

At the moment he's right
Nintendo got us again
Now to Reggie

In that case, retailers would be opening preorders. But they completely disabled preorders on all major European storefronts.

We have to wait if Nintendo will provide more stock next year. But don't expect to see much more this year. Lots of retailers apparently already sold their December shipments.

The NES Classic will be the best selling piece of gaming hardware this holiday.

No, it very obviously won't be. Shipments are way too small for that.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
fffffffffuuuuuuu was streaming while controller was in stock D:

guess i'll just have to commit... sacrilege

Cw-CV0cW8AEaNsg.jpg

The only thing Nintendo learned from amiibo is how well it worked creating demand and getting people to line up. They have shown off this thing for awhile now, created the hype and put out nothing. It really makes me sick. I legit had to refresh amiibo reddit all day/nonstop to get them all. Scalpers feed off this strategy and make the profit.

The only thing Nintendo learned from amiibo is how well it worked creating demand and getting people to line up. They have shown off this thing for awhile now, created the hype and put out nothing. It really makes me sick. I legit had to refresh amiibo reddit all day/nonstop to get them all. Scalpers feed off this strategy and make the profit.

I'm speculating here, but I wouldn't be surprised at all if NoA has a shit ton of these things ready to go for Black Friday and December. Don't lose hope yet.

well even if they do have them for Black friday again it will be the same thing. No pre-orders , first come first serve. Hell maybe even in-store only.

MG310

Down to just the system/controller/book bundle on Gamestop if paying 45 for a book that is 27 on Amazon doesn't bother you too much.

well even if they do have them for Black friday again it will be the same thing. No pre-orders , first come first serve. Hell maybe even in-store only.

Oh yeah, there will definitely never be pre-orders for this. Hopefully Amazon gives people an advance heads-up every time they have new stock to sell.

Persona7

Banned
I really don't think this is "artificial scarcity" -- folks seem to think Nintendo makes piles off cash by NOT selling items, for some odd reason.

It's not artificial they just don't overproduce. Look at how certain 3DS or Wii U games are treated compared to more popular games.

Looks like several Targets around me are going to have 20 to 45 units per store. Guess I'll just try hitting them up at opening. Controllers on the other hand are really scarce according to the inventory. Hopefully their stock gets updated in the morning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom