• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fuck I'm at wal mart and there's like 30 people in line. I'm thinking of just leaving. No way I'll get one from stock others are reporting.

SalvaPot

I was just able to get a NES mini through Gamestop just right now.

I used the search bar and add it through there, it didn't let it through so I added a funko pop I wanted (Darth Vader Choke).

After lots of loading, It went through I even got free shipping somehow. Then I got a "Service not available" window. I went back and tried again. It went through this time. Just got my confirmation email.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Bestbuy.com order just changed to preparing, have to take that as a good sign

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Walmart success, though I feel kinda stupid because best buy eventually had them online and now I gotta walk 4 miles home.... but at least I have it haha.

Now to secure an extra controller

This thing is tiny.

hV0EyKw.jpg

GRmikdZ.jpg

SalvaPot

Walmart success, though I feel kinda stupid because best buy eventually had them online and now I gotta walk 4 miles home.... but at least I have it haha.

They were up for like, 4 minutes, tops. You made the right choice.

Minions

[The real game begins here]

I hope Nintendo ups the production on these. I'm thinking of just grabbing one of the Nyko wireless ones.

Danj

They ran out like 10 people before me. Oh well. I'll get one when I get back from PAX.

You really won't, they're out of stock everywhere lol

On a related note does anyone know if there's anywhere that still has this in the UK?

Amazon UK is "currently unavailable", and the pages for the NES Classic Mini have been removed entirely from GAME and Tesco Direct.

Takat

I got one at Nintendo NY.

It's so small, but they really went mini on everything with the cords. I don't get that, they are all too short. The controller cord length is ridiculous, and the power cord and the HDMI cord. They need to fix and reimburse everyone who got one, you literally have to be glued to the TV or find alternative solutions.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Is it gonna be this much of a pain in the ass for the $100 3DS's? I don't know why Nintendo is so bent on having too much stock for this kind of stuff.

I was planning to show up at midnight since I didn't think anyone in my town was nerdy enough to know. A few days ago I told a friend about it and decided we should go at 11:30 just to be safe.

Then at 10:40 pm tonight I saw this thread and saw the madness so I told my friend we should head out ASAP. When I got to the electronics section they were already 3 people in line. I was 4 and my buddy was 5. The lady then told us they only had 6. A few minutes later the last person arrived, and then about 10 people showed up after that. All before 11:30. This is insane for the middle of Iowa.

Minions

Is it gonna be this much of a pain in the ass for the $100 3DS's? I don't know why Nintendo is so bent on having too much stock for this kind of stuff.

I'd assume it would be more so. Those 3ds have a much larger audience. I have a new 3ds XL and even I want one.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
Probably worse, considering everyone and their grandma will know about black friday deals

Minions

At least with walmarts you can wait indoors. People planning to wait outside Bestbuys are getting a raw deal (depending on what state you live in)

Where I'm living all the stores are just postponing it to the opening hours. So midnight release or tickets over here. I want to go to GameStop but the earliest I could be there is 9ish while the store opens at 10.

JayBabay

I managed to nab 2 from BestBuy.com but the additional controllers sold out nearly minutes after it went live, where as the console itself was available for a good 10 minutes.

You really won't, they're out of stock everywhere lol

PAX is in January. I'm skipping out on the madness, have fun guys. I am looking forward to seeing how much resellers are able to flip them for though.

And HEY! WAIT A SECOND! I'm supposed to be banning Nintendo because of all their copyright takedowns and awful YouTube policy anyways! Fuck those guys.

SuperSah

Banned
Amazon UK.

Woke up and it still has not dispatched. Some customer rep told me it can be dispatched today and mythically arrive today too.

What a load of shit, utterly disappointed considerinf I ordered it waaaaaay back.

JayBabay

Amazon UK.

Woke up and it still has not dispatched. Some customer rep told me it can be dispatched today and mythically arrive today too.

What a load of shit, utterly disappointed considerinf I ordered it waaaaaay back.

I want to say that this has happened to me before, it's not impossible and sometimes likely when they are guaranteeing a day one delivery. Early morning shipped and you get it by evening if the dispatch is close to your house.

NateDrake

Amazon UK.

I had that happen with PS4. Pre-ordered with Amazon and then launch day came and it hadn't shipped. Asked CS and the guy told me "Today is launch...no PS4 have shipped yet from us". This was a lie, and they tried to tell me at 5pm that it could still ship and arrive that day. It didn't.

I ended up getting my PS4 after the weekend and got $25 credit for the inconvenience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom