• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol 2 stores packed with about 15 people in line

And now the price is going up on eBay
Resellers man

I'll try my other GameStop, then Amazon and then if I take an L I'll just wait

Well, went to Walmart and there were 5 available and it was first come first serve, but no limit was held, so 1 guy got all 5 and actually chatted us and the worker up about how much he was gonna make.I went to my small town Target and they got 3 in and had something like 20-30 people lined up at least!

Sucks. :(

Hope Amazon or someone offers some help.

Man, that sucks. No way they should allow someone to buy more than 1 with the stock how it is.

TimeKillr

I got to toys r us at 4 45 in the morning, and there was 4 people in front of me. They had papers saying they had 32 total, and they opened at 9.

What sucks though is they only got 3 extra controllers, and the first 3 people got them, so none for me.

This is in Canada BTW. The line was full at like 7 30.

Feeroper

Different situation, no one expected a collection console like this to get so much demand

I don't know - I'm pretty sure Nintendo knows what they are doing here. When they announced the thing it was on the mainstream news, even my mom knows about this thing, it was announced at the sae time that Pokémon GO was exploding.

They could have manufactured such a large amount of these things, its not like this is some fancy new tech that is difficult to meet demand for. This has to be intentional as Nintendo has done this kind of thing before. Whatever their intentions are for this strategy (keeping their brand and name in the conversation by being the 'hot' toy this holiday season since WiiU is dead?), I think it is stupid to apply it to this thing. I think they could have supplied such a large amount more and had bigger sales and still be a buzz this holiday. On the other hand, if it truly was a matter of underestimating demand then they are pretty clueless - however I don't think that's the case at all.

For something like this, it pisses me off. I really wanted to get one, but knew that this would be the case. I didn't feel like waking up at a stupid early time and booking time off work just to fight to hopefully get one. I chose to not bother if I cant just walk in and find it at a relatively normal time. I mean the PS4 Pro just came out yesterday, so Ill be occupied by that. Had this been the Switch I would have fought for it, but its not like I cant play these games elsewhere. Although the package it offers is nice, its not worth the stress.

ramparter

Banned
At this point they need to fail. hard. Send a message fucking over your consumers repeatedly is not behavior to be rewarded.

Scalpers are the ones that should get that message. If there weren't people that bought the systems 200%-300% over their actual value we wouldn't have this situation.

kamakazi5

Walked into Walmart at 730 and got one. Two other people came right after me so I'm sure they're gone. Even though it was not a really busy Walmart I was surprised to just walk in and grab it.

They had 4 in the display case and at least one box of them. No controllers though.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Lots of salt here at this store.

They are giving active duty military and retired priority regardless of place in line.

StAidan

Well, I got mine out of the stock of 3 at Fred Meyer. There were a lot of disappointed people who showed up 5-10 minutes before the store opened. I felt bad for them, but they should have known better :|

Found out the local Wal-Mart didn't get ANY at all. Amazing. I predict much anger today for people who couldn't (or didn't) get to a store early and stand in line.

Celine

On the other hand, if it truly was a matter of underestimating demand then they are pretty clueless - however I don't think that's the case at all.
Apparently the whole shipment for Japan was 30K and it's already soldout.
Next shipment in Japan is expected in December, yuck!

kaioshade

Scalpers are the ones that should get that message. If there weren't people that bought the systems 200%-300% over their actual value we wouldn't have this situation.

or.....nintendo can produce enough so scalpers wouldnt even have a chance. this is entirely on Nintendo.

Jetku

As a former Amiibro, I can say the crowds are much different. I've stopped by Walmart, TRU, target, and now Best Buy and it seems people are legit buying it for themselves or kids. I'm not getting the scalper vibe from most.

I was lucky to get 2 (1 midnight at Walmart, 1 at TRU) for gifts but need to get an extra controller for my brother in law.

Pwnedkiller

Neo Member
Had no chance of getting one since apartment building caught on fire, luckily that did not turn out really bad. Now just wait to see if luck strikes for this thing.

Well I went to one store, a Wal Mart, and I only went there because it was on my way to work. There was no sign of the thing and so I left.

Now that I got past the initial "excitement" of checking a store, I will probably never buy this thing or even look for it again. I already own the games I want on Virtual Console and that $60 would cover the rest of the ones I don't have, with money left over.

I've got a buddy who's the GM of 2 GameStops and in training to be a DM. He told me that they got 8 in each store and that, with demand, he could've easily sold 200+ today.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Just played super mario.
So i got this flower on 1-2 and i was hit by a goomba.
I went from fire mario to small mario ??

This is trash my nes mini was nothing but a mistake.

Joei

Well that was a waste. I went to a Best Buy about 20 minutes before opening and they had 28 of them and they already gave out all the tickets. I talked to guy who said he got the last ticket and all the other stores in the area were sold out as well. Would have been nice to pick up one of these today, but it's not THAT big a deal.

Anyone know what's up with Amazon? Are they going to sell it? Anyone know when?

Well that was a waste. I went to a Best Buy about 20 minutes before opening and they had 28 of them and they already gave out all the tickets. I talked to guy who said he got the last ticket and all the other stores in the area were sold out as well. Would have been nice to pick up one of these today, but it's not THAT big a deal.

2 pm PST = 5 pm est today

I just want an extra controller now, I'm pretty sure if you order on Amazon within the first 10-20 minutes it goes live you'll get one

Lol if it's another Lucina and gone instantly

Cornbread78

so what strat guide?

kbNRI7D.jpg

Yp8ltTk.jpg

gwailo

Banned

There's another thread on here that says they will have it up at 2 PM PST today.

Stopped by Target (a small one in downtown Minneapolis) and there was about 30-40 people in line. Didn't bother waiting since I had to get to work. My wife went to a couple of Super Targets in the suburbs and it was about the same. Sounds like Targets got like one box of these no matter their size.

Tried Wal-Mart this morning but they sold out at midnight. Tried Gamestop but they only had 11 and there were like 30 people in line, with me being last. Oh well.

If they shipped enough to sell to everyone in November nobody would be buying any in January.
Great! They would have made all their sales in a month alone!

This isn't new tech. This isn't something that has anything new. This is something that has HDMI, so it's a convenience. Once you screw people out of something that's supposed to be simple, they'll look for it elsewhere. Why bother with something that is a hassle and not worth the fight? Gamers can get these games easily under 5 minutes. Non avid gamers will just give up. It'll fade away if this is rare to get for months. People will just stop caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom