• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

N.Grim

I walked into a gamestop and picked up a PS4 pro. No stupidity, no camping, no scalping. Sony can actually stock products.

It depends on the country/store, I was able to walk into a gamestop and buy a NES Mini, this wasn't the case for the first PS4 or every iPhone, I have heard about PS4 pro out of stock in different places but I don't know if it's the same everywhere

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
I walked into a gamestop and picked up a PS4 pro. No stupidity, no camping, no scalping. Sony can actually stock products.

LOL

Yeah because the Pro is $400 compared to $60 and people aren't clamoring for the thing like they are the NES Classic, despite what GAF may have you think. NES Classic is nostalgia-fueled nonsense which is a powerful drug. PS4 Pro is a mid-gen step up released in a very down gaming year.

ramparter

Banned
Umm, I can't speak for everywhere else, but in the Bay Area, Target had 10 to 20 times more stock of the NES Classic than the PS4 Pro. But it was easier to get a PS4 Pro than an NES Classic. Is that really Sony being able to stock products or just there's less demand for the Pro?
Holy shit if true. Imagine Nes taking first place in November npd.

mjc

Most of the replies in this thread are about how difficult is to find this, how most orders got cancelled, that all the (few af) units most retailers got are all sold out or that this thing is almost $100 dollars in Latin America. Why we have to keep standing this awful NOA management everytime they launch a new product? It happens every single time! Back to play SMB3's Virtual Console Vaseline version on Wii U.

Yup, happens with every major Nintendo release. They're purposely controlling allocations to make it a hotter item, I can almost guarantee it.

I bet about a week before Christmas we'll see a decent restocking.

Ridley327

I thought PSVR was out of stock everywhere.

It's been since restocked, and from what I can tell, there hasn't been as much demand as there was right at launch.

The PS4 Pro has good stock, but I think Sony inadvertently hurt its short-term potential by releasing it right as BF deals were getting announced, and it's hard to recommend that hardware right now when in a couple of weeks, you can get hardware that plays the same games just fine for $150 less and with a game thrown in for extra value.

Richie

Most of the replies in this thread are about how difficult is to find this, how most orders got cancelled, that all the (few af) units most retailers got are all sold out or that this thing is almost $100 dollars in Latin America. Why we have to keep standing this awful NOA management everytime they launch a new product? It happens every single time! Back to play SMB3's Virtual Console Vaseline version on Wii U.

Amazon was meant to save us :( But it's offering the console for the same ridiculous price everyone else does. Perhaps Latamel finally managed to unify Amazon's prices as to keep the brick and mortar retailers happy. Which would be horrendous to say the least. I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come...but I may as well start saving big time for the Switch now :/

Let us cross Amazon on the chalkboard. "El Buen Fin will save the NES Mini"...

Got mine as a walk in. Yay! Im sure more stock will come but it will be fun to have a few beers and relive my youth in style over the weekend. The feelnof the thing makes it more fun than an emulator.

Holy shit if true. Imagine Nes taking first place in November npd.

Here, most stores had 20 to 30 units at opening. The most was 46 units at one store. For the Pro, most stores only got 2 or 3, one got 5, one got 7, and the most was 10. It's still not sold out at all Targets either. So ya, there is way more stock for the NES Classic than the Pro but you can still get a Pro here.

It came out a month ago

PSVR has been widely available since launch here.

Syriel

Umm, I can't speak for everywhere else, but in the Bay Area, Target had 10 to 20 times more stock of the NES Classic than the PS4 Pro. But it was easier to get a PS4 Pro than an NES Classic. Is that really Sony being able to stock products or just there's less demand for the Pro?

And every Target I saw this AM had a line way longer than the number of consoles available.

kaioshade

Fair enough to the replies. Different markets, different price points. It is beyond infuriating that i cannot get this for someone who is in a pretty bad place right now, and having something like this would help cheer them up.

Raspberry Pi wont do it, as a: finding decent NES controllers are a pain and b: no matter what i do, it still isnt perfect in terms of input lag.

SeanR1221

No where on brickseek. Sold out at all local game stops.

Not going to go crazy for 30 games I've played to death. I'll get one eventually.

And every Target I saw this AM had a line way longer than the number of consoles available.

Ya, silly me thought I'd be able to stroll by the store with 46 units and just get there 10 min before opening and would be fine. Boy was I wrong. The demand is huge!

I wonder if I go to Best Buy right now what my odds are...

Pray everyone in the 15-mile radius was a Sega kid

image.php

Chucker

No where on brickseek. Sold out at all local game stops.

Not going to go crazy for 30 games I've played to death. I'll get one eventually.

What's the DCPI or Walmart Item number, I didn't even think of this.

Edit: Hrm, the Target that said they had it in stock this morning still says 6 Saleable units. I think something shitty is going on. (For the record, all other stores say 0)

hoserx

Just got an email from Toys R Us that my order I placed about an hour ago has encountered an unexpected delay in shipment. It clarified that the email was NOT a cancellation email...... but who knows how long the "delay" is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom