• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornbread78

Pray everyone in the 15-mile radius was a Sega kid

I LOL'd

AtH50Vv.gif

I MIGHT be able to get one. In GameStop right now in the line. They have 18 and I am 16 I think. I feel like the line either grew bigger or the guy miscounted.

N.Grim

Here, most stores had 20 to 30 units at opening. The most was 46 units at one store. For the Pro, most stores only got 2 or 3, one got 5, one got 7, and the most was 10. It's still not sold out at all Targets either. So ya, there is way more stock for the NES Classic than the Pro but you can still get a Pro here.

PSVR has been widely available since launch here.

Again, different country/store, NES Mini is available where I am, also you have already answered in the fist part of your post, the demand is high

I got here at midnight so Im first in line, nobody else got here until about 6ish. Gamestop opens in an hour and there are about 15 people behind me. Everyone was laughing at my showing up so early and then the employee opening the store said there was only one extra controller in stock and they stopped laughing, hah!

/GodImSoTired 😫

I got here at midnight so Im first in line, nobody else got here until about 6ish. Gamestop opens in an hour and there are about 15 people behind me. Everyone was laughing at my showing up so early and then the employee opening the store said there was only one extra controller in stock and they stopped laughing, hah!

/GodImSoTired 😫

congrats

How does Nintendo put out a console half-populated with two-player games and then send way fewer controllers than consoles?! How?! How?!?!

I am lucky to be first in line.

Wow, I did not know this would be that limited of stock, my friend mentioned he was in line (first in line) for only 6 stock NES at walmart. I checked the best buy @ 11:30 and notice it just says add to cart. Didn't think the stock was that limited until this morning and this thread.

Turns out someone sneaked into the line and got one but I was able to buy one at the end!!! So happy!!!

The lady behind the guy behind me is soooooo mad though.

AdanVC

Yup, happens with every major Nintendo release. They're purposely controlling allocations to make it a hotter item, I can almost guarantee it.

I bet about a week before Christmas we'll see a decent restocking.

That's truly awful. Being a Nintendo fan is such a pain in the butt, I'm getting tired of this situations everytime there's a new Nintendo product.

Amazon was meant to save us :( But it's offering the console for the same ridiculous price everyone else does. Perhaps Latamel finally managed to unify Amazon's prices as to keep the brick and mortar retailers happy. Which would be horrendous to say the least. I hope this isn't a harbinger of things to come...but I may as well start saving big time for the Switch now :/

Let us cross Amazon on the chalkboard. "El Buen Fin will save the NES Mini"...

Yeah, even Amazon MX gave us the middle finger by selling it at the same price as other retailers :( Despite of that, the damn NES is already sold out there! No way I'm going to spend $2,000 pesos for this! If Latamel managed to do that then we're screwed for good... God save us when Nintendo Switch launches. I will start saving money big time here too :'( I predict it will cost at the very least, $8500 pesos...

Forgot this was out today until I saw this thread. I'm driving all over southeastern Michigan today, hoping one of the Wal-Marts/Targets/BBs I pass have some in stock, but brickseek hasn't been encouraging

Jerm411

How does Nintendo put out a console half-populated with two-player games and then send way fewer controllers than consoles?! How?! How?!?!

That's my biggest beef right now....controllers and cord extenders are next to impossible to find, at least for me.

Thankfully there's 2 in my house currently so we have 2 controllers...kinda want the wireless one though.

twitter message from nintendo USA
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/797124318706601984

The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system is a hot item, and we are working hard to keep up with consumer demand. There will be a steady flow of additional systems through the holiday shopping season and into the new year.
Please contact your local retailers to check availability. A selection of participating retailers can be found @ http://Nintendo.com/nes-classic

N.Grim

That's my biggest beef right now....controllers and cord extenders are next to impossible to find, at least for me.

Thankfully there's 2 in my house currently so we have 2 controllers...kinda want the wireless one though.

Wii controller are also compatible right?

Any news on UK availability of this? Am I screwed if I wanted one before Christmas?

I think EU is ok, even more for christmas

Aeana

At least the NES one has the ability to use controller extenders. The Famicom Mini comes with two controllers permanently connected to the back, like the original Famicom. But the cords are super short.

BFIB

That's truly awful. Being a Nintendo fan is such a pain in the butt, I'm getting tired of this situations everytime there's a new Nintendo product.

Yeah, even Amazon MX gave us the middle finger by selling it at the same price as other retailers :( Despite of that, the damn NES is already sold out there! No way I'm going to spend $2,000 pesos for this! If Latamel managed to do that then we're screwed for good... God save us when Nintendo Switch launches. I will start saving money big time here too :'( I predict it will cost at the very least, $8500 pesos...

Not surprised. This is the same company that won't even have current Wii U ports ready for their new console launch.

Steiner

Banned

What state you in? When you say Bellevue... you mean in Washington? Just asking because I live in Bellevue TN.

At least the NES one has the ability to use controller extenders. The Famicom Mini comes with two controllers permanently connected to the back, like the original Famicom. But the cords are super short.

And the controllers are tiny as well. Not a good look.

Laws00

that's what the fuck I said

Every store I went to got like 2 controllers for their 10 or 12 units they got. Like really Nintendo

AGoodODST

Is there a reason you guys are so eager for an extra controller right now? I thought only a handful of the games actually supported two player?

Should have cut Wii u production off a week earlier Nintendo. Tut tut.

Dunno if it's true people really after a second controller, but I read you can use Wii era classic controller/classic controller pros with this, if you have them lying around.

Edit: and they're better for small handed people too!

FWIW, my local Toys R Us said that they plan on getting more in stock before Black Friday. They had 29 this morning and a long line well before opening. Seems like they've been getting phone calls all morning about availability.

How does this not get called out instantly on line?
Apparently either no one caught it or a group of people decided to separate and buy two instead of one like the store said. Only one per household. I overheard the employees realizing that they only had one instead of two left when I was paying for my copy.

I really don't like people who do sneaky stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom