• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bedlam

Fucking Hermes parcel service here in Germany! My NES Mini has been driven around town for the whole day and is still not here. :-/

If this shit is repeated with the SNES Mini Nintendo can go to hell. I can understand underestimating the demand for the NES Mini, but now they know better. I will truly be done with Nintendo then, I give them the benefit of the doubt this time.

Oh it will be worse for SNES mini. SNES is more revered generally I think, Nintendo knows it, and they're going to take delight in whipping up its fans into a mouth-foaming frenzy whenever that comes out.

Kamek

Went to 86th and Lex in NYC. Ran there after getting to work early and eating a bite quickly. Got there at about 9:20-9:30 and there was a line at the Gamestop. They had 17 and I was 18th on line. I almost wanted to cry.

Then there is a best buy directly across the street with a few more people on their line so I just join it figuring I wouldn't get it. I have the worst luck.

They had 40! I ended up getting one, but the extra controllers were sold out.

My grandfather bought me the NES when I was 2 years old. He passed away this year. That NES gave me my love for games, and hell, tech in general.

I gotta think in some way he was looking out for me today.

This is the second luckiest I've gotten. One other time was when Gamecube first game out. My mom and I went and I didn't get a ticket. But some lady was nice enough to give us hers.

Pretty happy right now. I would have loved to go to Nintendo World and get the poster, but can't complain at all. So happy with this little toy. I have all these games and everything, just considering the fact that my grandfather passed away this year, and I dreamt of him last night, getting this meant a lot.

Kintaco

They didn't underestimate. They know better, this was intentional. They do it all the time.
After the Wii U I could understand. And plenty of other console makers have done similar retro systems with little fanfare, so this is why I'm giving the benefit of the doubt.

Got a ticket for #35 of #37 by hitting Best Buy about 20min before open. Didn't think I had a chance, but lucky me. Oh they got 2 controllers. Genius on that decision Nintendo.

It did certainly help those stupid 3rd party NES Advantage rip off sell out tho.

If this shit is repeated with the SNES Mini Nintendo can go to hell. I can understand underestimating the demand for the NES Mini, but now they know better. I will truly be done with Nintendo then, I give them the benefit of the doubt this time.

Nintendo always does this and they will continue to. This thread would be dead without the scarcity.

atgames makes those, and have been for years

The quality of those third party genesis clones are generally very poor. The fact that Nintendo handled this machine directly gives it an extra layer of authenticity. Now if Sega themselves put forth the effort to make a HDMI-enabled Genesis emulation machine themselves, modeled after the Genesis model 1, I'd be all over that.

Kintaco

I don't know, but that's not the point, I just don't understand people who get mad because they can't have the new toy the first day
I mean I completely agree, but you specifically said "one day" which to me means exactly that. I can understand people getting upset if they are trying to get this as a Christmas present and worrying that they won't be able to get one by then. As far as I know there has been not mention of more shipments coming before then. I think even having word the more shipments are coming would help with the scalpers.

rubes7844

Banned
kHhQmy3.jpg

❤️😍

Man... I feel bad for some of you.

Screw these scalpers. Even though I managed to buy 1 and about to get another at TRU, I can't sell it for profit for greed.

I would sell it at the retail price...still not sure what I'm going to do with the extra one, either gift it though I don't know who would care for it the way I do and most of you guys.
Possibly sell it at $70 if I don't decide to give it as a gift. I don't celebrate Christmas so giving it as a gift for that isnt an option.

Yushi

Me and the people I work with had a plan. We manage to grab 3 out of 4. Happy all around that we wont need to hunt them for x-mas. Except for my boss, he got the short end of the stick.

Got 2 in walmart out of 12, and I got mine out of 7 at a Toy R Us.

jwhit28

I was gonna pick one up for my mom, but all I could get was a controller. Regifting the Wii with a home screen full of NES games is the backup plan.

Man, it sounds like the release for this is even crazier than I thought it would be. I did this shit for Amiibos and I saw how that turned out. I want one of these, but I can wait until they are plentiful on store shelves, even if that's after Christmas.

N.Grim

I mean I completely agree, but you specifically said "one day" which to me means exactly that. I can understand people getting upset if they are trying to get this as a Christmas present and worrying that they won't be able to get one by then. As far as I know there has been not mention of more shipments coming before then. I think even having word the more shipments are coming would help with the scalpers.

Amazon said "we will be receiving additional quantities over the coming weeks", considering christmas is in a month and a half and this is the only thing Nintendo will sell this christmas
half joking
, I think they are save, after that they have all the reasons to get upset

Kintaco

Oh it will be worse for SNES mini. SNES is more revered generally I think, Nintendo knows it, and they're going to take delight in whipping up its fans into a mouth-foaming frenzy whenever that comes out.
I understand, to me rose tinted goggles leads me to declare the NES as my favorite system. But the SNES is far superior with its library and quality of games. Nintendo knowing this better damn well produce a boatload of systems. I get that this undershipping is most likely intentional, but there is always this little sliver of doubt that perhaps Nintendo was being cautious. With the Wii it could have been due to Gamecube sales before it, just as this could have been due to Wii U sales. If Nintendo does this again with the inevitable SNES Mini they really don't have any reason to hide behind to not produce as many as possible.

6:30am campout at my GameStop was worth it first in line 45 degrees out but worth it.

They had 5 and no controllers.

They had five? One of the employees must have kept one back for themselves. The case quantity is 6 lol. Nothing wrong with that, but when it's this scarce, a little dirty. The retailer one of my friends works at didn't allow them to keep back any of them of the six they got in.

I walked into a gamestop and picked up a PS4 pro. No stupidity, no camping, no scalping. Sony can actually stock products.

Umm, I can't speak for everywhere else, but in the Bay Area, Target had 10 to 20 times more stock of the NES Classic than the PS4 Pro. But it was easier to get a PS4 Pro than an NES Classic. Is that really Sony being able to stock products or just there's less demand for the Pro?

baconcow

I walked into a gamestop and picked up a PS4 pro. No stupidity, no camping, no scalping. Sony can actually stock products.

In Canada, this was also the case for the PS4 Pro. However, it was not the case for the PS4 and it was difficult to get until the following April. I ended up having to buy my PS4 at a drugstore (Shoppers Drug Mart).

To be fair, this thing sounds like it has a LOT more demand than the Pro right now. Reports of 20+ people lined up at every store and such. Yeah, it'll taper off, but just saying.

AdanVC

Most of the replies in this thread are about how difficult is to find this, how most orders got cancelled, that all the (few af) units most retailers got are all sold out or that this thing is almost $100 dollars in Latin America. Why we have to keep standing this awful NOA management everytime they launch a new product? It happens every single time! Back to play SMB3's Virtual Console Vaseline version on Wii U.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom