• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaioshade

twitter message from nintendo USA
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/797124318706601984

The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system is a hot item, and we are working hard to keep up with consumer demand. There will be a steady flow of additional systems through the holiday shopping season and into the new year.
Please contact your local retailers to check availability. A selection of participating retailers can be found @ http://Nintendo.com/nes-classic

So, pretty much "camp or get fucked for Christmas"

Thanks Nintendo

Cornbread78

some needs to do 8 bit throwback OTs for the Zelda's and Metroid.

All you millennials and other babies out there, better recognize who your daddy is here.

Time to learn your roots.

clem84

Gold Member
twitter message from nintendo USA
https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/797124318706601984

The Nintendo Entertainment System: NES Classic Edition system is a hot item, and we are working hard to keep up with consumer demand. There will be a steady flow of additional systems through the holiday shopping season and into the new year.
Please contact your local retailers to check availability. A selection of participating retailers can be found @ http://Nintendo.com/nes-classic

Great news. I don't mind waiting, I just want one. There's one being sold right now on amazon.ca for 500$ lol

sold mine for $185. cool.

If you did on eBay you should be sweatn
Anyone can return anything now and if they see it in stores they will just give you the brand new store one

Even if you put all sales final X no returns accepted
eBay is pro buyer now

Metroid nes is impossible and I grew up with that shit, needs a map

One of the newspapers in Puerto Rico saying one Best Buy got 80 units while only one Walmart in the whole island got 60 units. All sold out in the first hour. They saying restocked are expected for first week of December.

Well guess it's Amazon now.

Fixins

Banned
Anyone can return anything now and if they see it in stores they will just give you the brand new store one

eBay is pro buyer now

Metroid nes is impossible and I grew up with that shit, needs a map

If you sell it to someon with high feedback theyre not going to pull that shit; one negative feedback can ruin their selling career

GamerJM

Banned
Artificial shortages are bullshit. These aren't being sold on Amazon, right? I literally can't just go to retailers at a whim because I don't have a car, I have to plan my day around walking to a GameStop or Target or something if I want to go. When retailers get restocks they'll probably sell out quickly.

The NX better at least be something you can preorder relatively easily. This is ridiculous.

Artificial shortages are bullshit. These aren't being sold on Amazon, right? I literally can't just go to retailers at a whim because I don't have a car, I have to plan my day around walking to a GameStop or Target or something if I want to go. When retailers get restocks they'll probably sell out quickly.

5PM EST on Amazon is my understanding.

I wish I had thought to preorder a controller when I was preordering my NES Mini...

AdanVC

I'm genuinely surprised NoA tweeted that this fast. With amiibo, it took them like 6 months after they finally tweeted about the massive shortages across the country and that they were working hard to fix it. There's an improvement on the communication with customers so there's that at least...

eBay is pro buyer now

Heh, always has been. My brother and I used to sell retro video games and consoles on Ebay around 4 - 5 years ago. It turned into a shit show. Needless to say, we got out of it pretty fast. So annoying that a person can literally say the item wasn't as described and get their money back. I had even received N64 games back that had black grime all over the cartridges even though they were cleaned before I shipped them out.

One of the newspapers in Puerto Rico saying one Best Buy got 80 units while only one Walmart in the whole island got 60 units. All sold out in the first hour. They saying restocked are expected for first week of December.

Well guess it's Amazon now.

Your newspapers report on the stock levels of toys at various retailers? Must be a slow news day down there. ;)

Cornbread78

It's bad form to post these things when people are in here legit just trying to get their hands on one.

I say this as somebody that does resell on ebay. A little tact goes a long way.

good for you man !! i hope you enjoy your more money !

Purposefully, trying to poke a beehive me thinks....

look at me, I'm the cool guy over here you all hate.

(raised a bunch of $hit in the B/S/T thread as well I see...)

Nintendo should have met with the demand, the fact that most stores barely got 10 systems and almost no controllers at all is ridiculous.

Fixins

Banned
im not poking a beehive i just think its stupid what nintendo did, theres literally no reason for this shortage other than to be dicks.

there was a nintendo distributor at gamestop when they opened ot sell these, you shouldve seen his face with the line, he quickly got out because he knew people wouldve yelled at him. fuck them. theres a reason why they're consistantly the worst of the main three companies and it's false inflation like this. theres no reason why none of you were able to get one of these for $60 today. These are no more powerful than a Raspberry Pi, which are readily available and are $30.

Blame Nintendo, not me.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Which only makes him more of a scumbag for doing so. Scalpers are the worst and there are people here to legitmally get a system for themselves.

i agree.. it is smart to order 2 and sell one off and get yours for free.
But somehow my karma meter won't allow me to do this.

MikeyB

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they made a $100 system that had wifi and some storage and a decent online store of their old titles and decent sales and they styled it after the N64, SNES, or NES, and used bigger wireless controllers with colour schemes to match those systems, Nintendo would clean up.

Basically a PSTV with more retro flavour and focus.

Instead, limited supply system with no online only 30 games and uselessly short cables on controllers with 30 year old ergonomic design.

giphy.gif

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
im not poking a beehive i just think its stupid what nintendo did, theres literally no reason for this shortage other than to be dicks.

there was a nintendo distributor at gamestop when they opened ot sell these, you shouldve seen his face with the line, he quickly got out because he knew people wouldve yelled at him. fuck them. theres a reason why they're consistantly the worst of the main three companies and it's false inflation like this. theres no reason why none of you were able to get one of these for $60 today. These are no more powerful than a Raspberry Pi, which are readily available and are $30.

Blame Nintendo, not me.

now you are just being a try hard

Ibuki

Banned

Blame Nintendo, not me.

Nintendo having no stock doesn't excuse you bragging and acting like a prick because you sold it for more than twice MSRP.

Blame Nintendo, not me.

From the other thread:

Nintendo presents it to retailers six to eight months ago, who write minimal orders. Nintendo uses that to forecast demand and then places the manufacturing orders many months ago as factory time in Fall is incredibly scarce. They unveil the system and the hype greatly exceeds their forecasts. They try to book more manufacturing time, but find limited capacity left from their suppliers. They likely have small orders in, but will likely not see a large increase in supply until early 2017.

People claiming that the scarcity was planned have no understanding of modern supply chain management.

That said, the lack of second controllers is really weird and makes me wonder if they had a production defect/issue that limited yields.

SheHateMe

I was able to get one from Best Buy last night. (Through the website. It shipped today.)

What I wasn't able to get, and what's driving me up a wall, is the extra controller. The local Best Buy in Potomac Yard got 30 Classics in, and ZERO controllers. The Target next door? One. Bought by the store manager.

I'm just going to try Amazon at 5 PM EST. If they don't have the controller, then I'll get a Wii Classic Controller and be done with it.

Ninty really REALLY dropped the ball on this one. Or maybe they knew what they were doing, I don't know.

I'm just sad to see all these folks going crazy for this item. A lady in BB broke down and CRIED that she wouldn't get one... after showing up at 10:15 AM.

ibrahima

Banned
Ok my UK model has arrived, glitchy sound in kirby, mega man 2 and castlevania, those are the only ones I've tried so far. It skips a note at the end of every other bar or so. What the hell.

outsidah

Blame Nintendo, not me.

No one is blaming you but your tact could use some improvement if you really aren't try piss off people here. And yeah, Nintendo dropped the ball.

Blame Nintendo, not me.

You're still a dick for bragging about it and taking advantage of the shortage.

chris121580

Blame Nintendo, not me.

We don't care what actions you take with your system. We just don't want to hear about it in here when there is a large number of us trying to get one not to sell and can't because of scalpers like you

rjinaz

My status on toyrsus changed from processing to this:

Special Order: Awaiting inventory

I'm going to take that as a good sign. They would have just cancelled it if they intended to.

Zeneric

Nintendo Classic Mini is sold out in all of EB Games stores in my town. I wasn't able to buy one. It's really a hot Xmas item. Hope I'm able to get one before Xmas.

Hobbun

It really doesn't make any sense to extend the controller cables. Just get a long HDMI cable. Longer controller cables not only double the amount of cord stretching across your room, they still force you to get up and walk to the console when you want to switch games.

Really depends on your set-up. Like with the coffee table in my living room, it usually is a pretty busy place, so it’s not like I can just set the NES classic on the table.

So with the controller extensions, it works better in my situation.

From the other thread:

Nintendo presents it to retailers six to eight montha, who write minimal orders. Nintendo uses that to forecast demand and then places the manufacturing orders many months ago as factory time in Fall is incredibly scarce. They unveil the system and the hype greatly exceeds their forecasts. They try to book more manufacturing time, but find limited capacity left from their suppliers. They likely have small orders in, but will likely not see a large increase in supply until early 2017.

People claiming that the scarcity was planned have no understanding of modern supply chain management.

Exactly. The no pre-orders thing is dumb but this is not planned scarcity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom