• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

norm9

I've said it before and I'll say it again. If they made a $100 system that had wifi and some storage and a decent online store of their old titles and decent sales and they styled it after the N64, SNES, or NES, and used bigger wireless controllers with colour schemes to match those systems, Nintendo would clean up.

Basically a PSTV with more retro flavour and focus.

Eh, I'll stick with the nes classic for 60. At 60, it's still an impulse buy.

Afrikan

From the other thread:

Nintendo presents it to retailers six to eight montha, who write minimal orders. Nintendo uses that to forecast demand and then places the manufacturing orders many months ago as factory time in Fall is incredibly scarce. They unveil the system and the hype greatly exceeds their forecasts. They try to book more manufacturing time, but find limited capacity left from their suppliers. They likely have small orders in, but will likely not see a large increase in supply until early 2017.

People claiming that the scarcity was planned have no understanding of modern supply chain management.

That said, the lack of second controllers is really weird and makes me wonder if they had a production defect/issue that limited yields.

why not allow pre-orders?

Wasted alot of time today just to want to finally get a Nintendo System again.... for nothing.

Can't believe their regular customers put up with this bullshit.

Cornbread78

This seems like some of the most blatant tag fishing I've seen in some time.

You would think, but I think he's fishing for a little bit more today.

WTS:

NES Classic Edition - $220 shipped

If you buy now i'll ship out tonight. US ONLY

You're right,this is uncalled for, so i'll just offer FREE SHIPPING!!!!!!

for free, i'l leven throw in the receipt so whoever buys it can feel twice as ashamed

Well I sold it for a outrageous price so...jokes on you?

EDITED

V I edited it out

But hey, flippers are making a $hit-ton of money today, so Free Enterprise for all, right!

kaioshade

Exactly. The no pre-orders thing is dumb but this is not planned scarcity.

People understand supply chains. However Nintendo should REALLY see trends. Their shit sells. a lot. often. There is no reason to be so conservative when they are constantly facing shortages.

So yea, planned scarcity.

I went to my local Best Buy 10 mins after it opened. I didn't stand a chance.

I'm not going to hunt for this console. If I walk into a store, or it's available on Amazon, I'll pick one up. I have a suspicion that Nintendo is creating artificial demand and playing me like a fool.

300x.jpg

What they really should have done is bring back the Nintendo Cereal.

Jerm411

Gamestop has the Nyko wireless controller and cord extender available as "pre-order" even though they have the release date listed as today.............ok.

Blazed through Megaman 2 yesterday and today as I was off work.

Haven't played it in forever but it feels surprisingly easy.

"Normal" mode in Mega Man 2 is pretty easy. I recommend playing on "Difficult", which is actually the difficulty from the original Japanese release and closer to what is expected in other Mega Man games.

Today was a good day. Had to stop by Wal greens to pick something up for the wife and happened to find this Exclusive Star Powered 8 bit Mario. As well as other WoN figures.

img_20161111_0952222dhj3x.jpg

I was at Best Buy 2 hours early, and got ticket 29 of 38. Most of these people have been told there are no more left yet they refuse to leave lol. This is so old school I'm having a good time. 3 minutes until I can actually go in and buy it!

Jamaro85

Called a local Best Buy in MD and the rep said the only places that would have the NES Classic are in VA. Yep, screw you Nintendo. Now it's Amazon or screw it until this ever becomes regularly stocked. Good thing the Pro is out anyway.

Dragoshi1

Well, definitely feeling that terrible 1ft controller pains now. My wall plug isn't long to begin with, so I'm inches from my big ass TV.

However, I'm loving this thing. The controller length is a legitimate issue however. Doesn't help that my Target got zero extra controllers in as well.

norm9

I was at Best Buy 2 hours early, and got ticket 29 of 38. Most of these people have been told there are no more left yet they refuse to leave lol. This is so old school I'm having a good time. 3 minutes until I can actually go in and buy it!

Good for these poor delusional people. Refuse defeat! Never give up hope!

What's this playing with power book?

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
In two weeks you won't be able to walk through a CVS without tripping over one of these boxes, so best of luck with that.

Bingo. Give it a week or two and they'll be just as many of these cluttering up stores are all those weird Atari, Genesis and Intellivision knockoffs.

Well, then.. you, sir are a trooper! Not to say I haven't beaten it on Difficult, but I usually have a few struggles through Wily's Castle still.

I'm hoping that when I get mine I'll actually beat Castlevania and Zelda for the first time.

Zelda is as hard as I remember. I actually find zelda 2 a lot easier to cope with combat wise...and in general really.

Nephilim

Banned
I feel like texting some people on craigslist from my google number telling them ill buy one and just letting them drive somewhere for no reason.

MooMilk2929

It really doesn't make any sense to extend the controller cables. Just get a long HDMI cable. Longer controller cables not only double the amount of cord stretching across your room, they still force you to get up and walk to the console when you want to switch games.

I hear if you use a regular classic controller or classic controller pro the home button takes you to the menu. So you woulnd't need to press reset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom