• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm at the Amazon page ready to hit order. I read somewhere that the home button on the wii classic controller will function the same as the physical reset button on the NES to return you to the main menu, can anyone confirm that's true?

Sephzilla

latest

got 1 at gamestop this morning. i was 12 in line out of 16 that got one. they had 2 extra controllers for sale. didnt get one obviously, but i had a wii classic controller lying around that will work as a second controller. very happy with it. awesome little device for the price.

Kadin

I'm sure this info is buried somewhere in this thread but was it confirmed by Nintendo one way or the other if this is in fact a limited release or something they plan to produce into next year? Went out to 5 stores this morning to find one for my dad with zero luck. He said we'll just wait until Jan/Feb but I'm starting to think that might not pan out.

Kyrios

I'm sure this info is buried somewhere in this thread but was it confirmed by Nintendo one way or the other if this is in fact a limited release or something they plan to produce into next year? Went out to 5 stores this morning to find one for my dad with zero luck. He said we'll just wait until Jan/Feb but I'm starting to think that might not pan out.

On the Amazon page it says:

Please note, we have very limited quantities of this item, however we will be receiving additional quantities over the coming weeks. Demand is expected to be very high, and there's no guarantee that it will remain in stock for long. We will announce when additional inventory becomes available.

Sephzilla

My serious answer is that I expect Amazon to have roughly 50 of these things in stock.

yeah, nintendo are assholes for this type of launch. they knew demand would be high, but they still pulled this shit.

I expect the Switch to be no different. Get ready for barren shelves for months until Nintendo conveniently has enough stock for Christmas

Minions

My serious answer is that I expect Amazon to have roughly 50 of these things in stock.

Amazon is likely treated the same way as Target or Walmart is. That means they could have thousands to sell. Considering they are one of the retailers listed on the main site also leads me to believe they wouldn't only have a handful.

That said, if ordering lasts more than a minute I would be surprised. Amazon listed the time they will go live, and everyone who doesn't/hasn't landed a console is going to be spamming the website like black friday deals.

rjinaz

Some just say "brand new, sealed" though while others specify if you get the system with it. I guess it's implied?

It used to be the console page. Since resellers can't list right now on the actual page they are just doing it on the controller page.

So these all should be for the console. That said, hopefully people email the seller and ask before shipped.

Sephzilla

Amazon is likely treated the same way as Target or Walmart is. That means they could have thousands to sell. Considering they are one of the retailers listed on the main site also leads me to believe they wouldn't only have a handful.

I hope your right. But considering Amiibos flew off the shelves in a fraction of a second, I'm not expecting much here

Jswanko

I wouldn't worry. Nintendo seems to say they'll be around

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/797124398813626372

Kyrios

It used to be the console page. Since resellers can't list right now on the actual page they are just doing it on the controller page.

So these all should be for the console. That said, hopefully people email the seller and ask before shipped.

Ahhh okay, now it makes total sense, thanks!

Glad to say I finally got this neat mini console. Had to wait at a local Gamestop here in Queens, NY for 3 hours until opening (lines didn't start showing until the second hour), but Im glad it's over. Sadly, there were only 9 available in the store with no extra controllers. Every shopper past the 9th got a chance to order one to arrive at a later time when Gamestop got them, at least. The employees and customers were equal levels of rude and frustrated. It really is a shame that such a limited supply from Nintendo is giving so many people a hard time. But hopefully they will make more of these available in the next few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom