• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aeana

I was told something similar today at a GameStop that I visited. "We only got a small amount. I'm coming to wait in line a few hours before open on Friday to get one myself, and it's my day off!"

I had the funds lined up for this on Friday, but I'll be damned if I'm going to camp out for hours or go on a wild fucking goose chase over a $60 item in 2016.
Yeah. The target audience for these things is unlikely to have the time or freedom to line up just to get it. Pretty silly.

Letep

It'd be nice to know what Amazon's plan is. Customer service is only replying with "We don't know if or when this item will be back in stock". Regardless of carefully explaining the situation. I mean, they must know at this point?

Weevilone

If I can easily pick this up I will. I'm not going to bend over backward for something like this. Nintendo is stupid if they underproduce this.

bengraven

Probably not going to have much luck getting one at the local TRU at about 10am am i? And then goingnto have to put it on layaway. Lol

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Ebay (Germany) tells a different story and so are at least retailers that I know. I mean... the controller sits currently at 70 Euros ^^

sure, but how long will it last? 3-4 months until nintendo restocks every store?

after Christmas there should be plenty NES mini and NES mini controllers for everyone who wants one

I myself canceled my amazon.de pre-order and will go with the famicom mini..

If I can easily pick this up I will. I'm not going to bend over backward for something like this. Nintendo is stupid if they underproduce this.

d7d.gif

Kadin

Was planning to get one for my dad to use in his living room but now seeing how short the controller cord is, any recommendations? Needs to be more like 6-8ft at least.

Based on the amount Gamestop is getting compared to something like Walmart, it looks like Nintendo's expecting most of the sales to come from impulse buyers in big box stores.

In other words, not the person who shops at Gamestop.

AdanVC

Ah yes. The good old "Nintendo releases a new product but it'll be a pain in the butt to get on day one". It's in situations like this where it feels that Nintendo hasn't learned anything from their past mistakes. Even if they miraculously manage to get enough stock for everyone, I will not get one cuz' it's going to be $100 dollars here in Mexico. Yes, this piece of flash memory encapsulated in cheap plastic on NES shape is going to cost $100 US Dollars here.

The Nintendo Switch release is going to be so much fun.........

remember early Amiibo prices? Prices will go down.

If they can't supply this thing properly there is a problem.

We are talking tech in this thing that is a decade old and cheap plastic. Nothing here is difficult to make.

If Nintendo wants to continue undersupplying then they can't possibly be ready for Switch demand. It is depressing and Nintendo should feel awful that people expect them to not meet demand and they can't properly supply anything due to their past mistakes.

Ah yes. The good old "Nintendo releases a new product but it'll be a pain in the butt to get on day one". It's in situations like this where it feels that Nintendo hasn't learned anything from their past mistakes. Even if they miraculously manage to get enough stock for everyone, I will not get one cuz' it's going to be $100 dollars here in Mexico. Yes, this piece of flash memory encapsulated in cheap plastic on NES shape is going to cost $100 US Dollars here.

The Nintendo Switch release is going to be so much fun.........
Why do you always jump to conclusions?

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Just a heads up, I'm a store leader at a Game Stop and we are only getting allocated like 18 units-- a paltry amount. I would come early if you plan on getting one there.

I can back this up. Try 12 units at my store. 2 extra controllers.

Nintendo HATES us.

I can back this up. Try 12 units at my store. 2 extra controllers.

Nintendo HATES us.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I am unsure what Nintendo expects here, not to mention the fact this thing was announced ages ago.

Let's under supply something that many Nintendo fans want, many who didn't buy a Wii U, and not make enough so they can all get pissed off and wonder why they bothered buying something Nintendo. Great way to make people want a Switch.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
This is absolutely ridiculous. I am unsure what Nintendo expects here, not to mention the fact this thing was announced ages ago.

What Nintendo expects?

Well, for one, Nintendo remains insanely conservative. Even they have no idea how much this toy (and to them, it's a TOY people) will sell. They will only ship out as much as they initially need to in order to make some money. Then they will ship more. I would imagine that making and shipping more of this little thing would be pretty easy.

Two, this is GameStop. Nintendo sees themselves bigger than that. So, they will stuff big box retailers much more than GS. I bet Wal Marts will get 50-100 units+, Target, Toys R Us, etc.

Three, Nintendo and GameStop just don't seem to jive for some reason. The feeling is mutual with Store Managers vs. Nintendo. They do NOTHING to court our attention compared to Sony and MS and are seen as pains in the ass. Want a late night launch for a Nintendo game? Gotta do a MIDNIGHT launch no matter what your time zone. No real reason besides fuck you. lol

Let's under supply something that many Nintendo fans want, many who didn't buy a Wii U, and not make enough so they can all get pissed off and wonder why they bothered buying something Nintendo. Great way to make people want a Switch.

I wonder if the thinking is more "When TV news stations are doing stories about the hot holiday Black Friday items, let's make sure the mention our brand"

SystemUser

I wonder if the thinking is more "When TV news stations are doing stories about the hot holiday Black Friday items, let's make sure the mention our brand"

Yeah, it seems like Nintendo is trying to make it this years cabbage patch kid (or tickle me Elmo for the younger crowd). Nintendo will ship tons of them after the initial shortage creates buzz.

AdanVC

Why do you always jump to conclusions?

Because I'm salty that I would not be able to get one of this haha :'((((. Nah, It's obvious this product doesn't compare to the Switch but agh, sometimes I can't help it. At least in my case, it's always been a pain in the butt to get Nintendo products on day one because they're always expensive as hell or low in stock and get sold out quickly : /

Lol.. i pre-ordered it in late august, im not getting it on friday.

I pre-ordered mine at Target on August 15th and I don't believe mine will be shipping until Friday, which means I won't have it until next week. It's nuts, but whatever. At least they haven't cancelled my order yet.

Preordered mine in July with Amazon and it said I wouldn't get it till Saturday which is the day after release. Contacted customer service and they bumped it up to release day :) Looking forward to it!

Haines

Banned
I can't get hyped to buy one of these.

I've played these old games. My brain doesn't want to play them anymore lol

Play also means buy.

Soundslike

Neo Member
I pre-ordered mine at Target on August 15th and I don't believe mine will be shipping until Friday, which means I won't have it until next week. It's nuts, but whatever. At least they haven't cancelled my order yet.

I'm not getting it from the retailer until probably january.

Nintendo stole xmas! :(

Nintendo= uncle scrooge.

jmizzal

So it appears that Bestbuy may not get any in store at all and you may have to order online. :/

I was planning on ordering online anyways, but thats kinda messed up since you have to wait for it to ship to you and cant pick it up on the day it comes out if true

For any in the UK who preordered their console through the Nintendo Store...

Check your emails. Just recieved confirmation that mines has been dispatched. Estimated delivery date on or before the 10th

AdanVC

Check your emails. Just recieved confirmation that mines has been dispatched. Estimated delivery date on or before the 10th

Nintendo themselves telling you your order is ready and even with the luck of having it before friday... Damn. Being a Nintendo fan on the UK must be awesome!

I'm betting you will get yours before Friday. I should have just held on and waited for the Nintendo UK Store to advertise stock. They usually deliver stuff a day early.

BriGuy

So I suppose it's super unlikely we'll get a 1st or 3rd party controller with a "reset" button on it and a long cable, right?

I gotta say, my enthusiasm for this thing has really dampened recently. I can't sit 2.5 feet away from a 70" screen without feeling sick in short order.

Gutek

Was there a pre-order window on this that I missed? Or were there no pre orders at all? Can I just walk into a store on Friday and get one?

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Watched like most of the Giant Bomb Quick Look - yeah this device is pretty awesome. Cant wait to get my hands on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom