• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

moai

so nintendo priced this officialy in chile..............121 usd.
wtf, we are not brazil where videogames cost a kidney.

ys45

This will so much fun trying to get this in Canada -_-

I will try Walmart and my other local videos games store during lunch break on Friday but I'm not getting my hopes up .

Good thing I manage to get the Famicom Mini Pre-order I will at least have this one .

bennibop

Unfortunately have had to cancel my preorder was going to buy regardless of having a preorder of PS4 pro but the short controller cables put me off in the end.

Javier

so nintendo priced this officialy in chile..............121 usd.
wtf, we are not brazil where videogames cost a kidney.
Yeah, that's a huge markup for this product, it makes me fear for what Switch will be like. I'll still get it, though; I really want one of these and I know I'm going to regret it if it ends up sold out.

But at least we got preorders in Chile. And before the US. Crazy stuff.

maxcriden

That's a negative. Given the allocation numbers that we've seen here-- and what I've heard locally-- the 10-15 units per store will likely go in the first 30 minutes of business.

So unless you want to camp out on Thursday night or get to your store (with no line) very early Friday morning... you may want to line up alternatives.

You guys expect lines for this product before opening? And people camping out? I'm really surprised to hear it honestly.

Petrae

You guys expect lines for this product before opening? And people camping out? I'm really surprised to hear it honestly.

Anecdotally speaking, I've heard and read from others that lines will be a thing. One GameStop employee I talked to-- who is scheduled to be off on Friday-- is coming in to wait in line early Friday morning.

As word spreads that supply is exceptionally limited, more people will wait in lines. 10-15 units per store will be gone in less than 30 minutes.

maxcriden

Anecdotally speaking, I've heard and read from others that lines will be a thing. One GameStop employee I talked to-- who is scheduled to be off on Friday-- is coming in to wait in line early Friday morning.

As word spreads that supply is exceptionally limited, more people will wait in lines. 10-15 units per store will be gone in less than 30 minutes.

Thanks for the info. Hmm. It is a holiday so kids will be off school. Are you in a big city, though? I'm in a suburb so I'm hoping so go just before opening I guess.

And supply then is definitely expected to be in before opening on Friday?

Chronus

So, is the charger included or not? I've heard conflicting reports and would like to know exactly what I'm getting if I buy this.

AGoodODST

So, is the charger included or not? I've heard conflicting reports and would like to know exactly what I'm getting if I buy this.

Pretty sure it's just the EU it's not included. It's just one of those USB wall sockets anyway. The cable still comes with it.

aett

My wife just got the shipping notification from Target. I'm glad that we placed the order as soon as it was available several weeks back.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
My wife just got the shipping notification from Target. I'm glad that we placed the order as soon as it was available several weeks back.

Just got mine as well... I don't know if I'm more excited for this or the PS4 Pro, honestly.

Glad I've got a long weekend either way.

Petrae

Thanks for the info. Hmm. It is a holiday so kids will be off school. Are you in a big city, though? I'm in a suburb so I'm hoping so go just before opening I guess.

And supply then is definitely expected to be in before opening on Friday?

Suburban area here.

Stores have their initial allocations already; unknown if Nintendo will replenish/add to them anytime soon.

maxcriden

Suburban area here.

Stores have their initial allocations already; unknown if Nintendo will replenish/add to them anytime soon.

Thanks. Wow, I'm surprised they have the item so many days in advance.

Is it suburban of a big city, then? Just trying to figure out how busy to expect the GS's to be. Edit: just saw in your profile where you are. Small world..... (I'll PM you)

Petrae

Any details on the stock of the standalone controllers?

Going from anecdotal evidence-- which is obviously not conclusive-- controller supplies are even more limited than the hardware itself (at GameStop stores, at least; not hearing much about Walmart stock).

I wonder how many people will buy this thing and play it once or twice and then put it back in the box and on a shelf or in the closet where it will collect dust. I'm guessing it's more of a collectible than anything. Some people will never open it.

Celine

I wonder how many people will buy this thing and play it once or twice and then put it back in the box and on a shelf or in the closet where it will collect dust. I'm guessing it's more of a collectible than anything. Some people will never open it.
I'm more interested to know how many are going to play it with their sons and nephews.
Potentially we have a new generation (smaller in scope of course) ready to be nostalgic for the NES in a few decades which is an amusing prospect.

AdanVC

If I manage to get one of this I will open it but honestly just to put the mini NES on display on my work area. I already played those 30 games to death so I'm not that desperate to get one just to play it, maybe just to look at those HD pixel graphics but as you say, only one or two times. But it is going to cost $100 dollars here in Mexico so I don't think I will get one anytime soon or probably never :'(

I'm actually looking forward to playing Kirby's Adventure, never got to play it since it came out so late in the life cycle.

It always looked visually impressive for a NES game.

taybul

NES games are pretty much the only ones my wife will play with me so this might be an instant buy and if nothing else for nostalgia, but we already play a lot of these using emulators and WiiMotes. Hm, decisions...

Richie

If I manage to get one of this I will open it but honestly just to put the mini NES on display on my work area. I already played those 30 games to death so I'm not that desperate to get one just to play it, maybe just to look at those HD pixel graphics but as you say, only one or two times. But it is going to cost $100 dollars here in Mexico so I don't think I will get one anytime soon or probably never :'(

What you wanna bet they're waiting until El Buen Fin to "discount" it to the price it should have had on the first place?

troublegoats

Neo Member
the length of the cord is really bumming me out, although extentions will be available on day one from 3rd parties.

im debating just buying one of the controllers and spending the equivilent money on NES VC games. I would only get half as many games but I could choose ones that i actually want, although bubble bobble isnt on the VC.

Probably a lot of people. I know I'll be playing mine very regularly for a long time. I have maybe 1/3rd of the games on actual carts, but I'm hopeful this is a better way to play them. I expect to get a lot of Dr. Mario and Pac Man use out of this with my wife. I play NES games frequently to this day, and having a nice collection of them to easily use on my HDTV or carry around will get loads of use from me.

Mugiwara

Neo Member
all i want to know is if i can buy this thing off Amazon or not. I really don't want to have to go and try and track one of these things down. ugh.

the length of the cord is really bumming me out, although extentions will be available on day one from 3rd parties.

im debating just buying one of the controllers and spending the equivilent money on NES VC games. I would only get half as many games but I could choose ones that i actually want, although bubble bobble isnt on the VC.

NES VC sucks, get a RaspberryPi or if you don't want to go too DIY grab an acceptable android TV box and use RetroArch cores. Grab the controllers and a USB adapter. Done/Done.

The only point of this is the aesthetic of having a tiny little look-alike, and some ethical high ground.

That said I want one for my entertainment center, and I am thinking of grabbing some cheaper amiibos to put around it. Thing looks fantastic.

I'm actually looking forward to playing Kirby's Adventure, never got to play it since it came out so late in the life cycle.

It always looked visually impressive for a NES game.

It is quite impressive, yes, and it's also a really fun game. I replayed it 2 years ago on Wii U and had a blast :)

alf717

all i want to know is if i can buy this thing off Amazon or not. I really don't want to have to go and try and track one of these things down. ugh.

Amazon US never opened pre-orders as far as I can tell. Maybe on the 11th they will go on sale. The question is when if at all.

Laws00

If possible im buying 2 and 2 controllers......

Dont know if i should try at toys r us first or go to my malls gamestop

Think i might have a better time at toys r us

I also hope my famicom ships from amazon ajapan

muu

NES VC sucks, get a RaspberryPi or if you don't want to go too DIY grab an acceptable android TV box and use RetroArch cores. Grab the controllers and a USB adapter. Done/Done.

The only point of this is the aesthetic of having a tiny little look-alike, and some ethical high ground.

That said I want one for my entertainment center, and I am thinking of grabbing some cheaper amiibos to put around it. Thing looks fantastic.

If I can find them in quantity these are going to be christmas presents for my niece (4) and nephew (7).

AdanVC

What you wanna bet they're waiting until El Buen Fin to "discount" it to the price it should have had on the first place?

Geez, you're so damn right, totally forgot about El Buen Fin. That thing is a total joke because of what you mention but hoping to see if it lowers to 1,500 pesos at least : /.

Amazon Mexico is our only hope right now.

It is quite impressive, yes, and it's also a really fun game. I replayed it 2 years ago on Wii U and had a blast :)

Same! Even with the awful vaseline-like filter on the Wii U version, the game was still cool as hell. Music is top notch as well.

Celine

You would also need to buy the carts from which rip your backups to play on RetroArch *wink wink*

jts

...hate me...
I’m sorry I’ve been a bit out of the loop, but I’ve had a preorder since like just a week ago or so and I got an email saying I can only get it next year or I can get it now for €140 if I want the american version. LOL

Is this about right? I’m in europe and this was from a local national shop.

I’m sorry I’ve been a bit out of the loop, but I’ve had a preorder since like just a week ago or so and I got an email saying I can only get it next year or I can get it now for €140 if I want the american version. LOL

what's the difference between the two, a power cord?

Honestly I am pretty interested to hear what input lag is like vs. Linux and Win10. They didn't spend too much time/effort on the CRT filter, makes me wonder if they even tested input lag themselves beyond "I don't notice it" on Final Fantasy.

jts

...hate me...
what's the difference between the two, a power cord?

I think it’s just the power brick that it’s included in the US version (and doesn’t plug into european wall plugs anyway), but I what’s at stake is that apparently they can’t get ahold of enough european stock so they’re importing from the US to satisfy the demand... at a €60 premium over MSRP.

I honestly never thought this would be such a hot ticket item. I’m in no way willing to pay that much for it.

Celine

Seems very scummy to hike the price for those that want the item early.
I would cancel the preorder (or at least keep it for safety but later cancelling it) and find one at retail.

jbug617

Banned
Phil got one
KsCwg8J.png
https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/796060003769597953

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom