• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Letep

Not a single customer service rep I have spoken to at Amazon, or Target, or Best Buy has any idea about what the situation is.

Mysterious!

Swordian

Thanks for posting this! Screens look real dark for some of those. Like, Wii U NES VC dark. Is it like that on the system? I thought the NES mini had less dark games than Wii U NES VC.

"(Note: Many of these screenshots are from the Wii U Virtual Console versions; they’ll look much better on the NES Classic Edition.)"

ramparter

Banned
Phil Spencer, head of Xbox!? Damn that is great! All of the Xbox main people are always very nice towards Nintendo. When the NS was revealed, Major Nelson joined the hype writing a tweet expressing his excitement towards the new system and the Xbox UK twitter account congratulated Nintendo as well.
Perhaps Scorpio will be a dock that makes Swith 4K. :p

crimilde

Banned
I’m sorry I’ve been a bit out of the loop, but I’ve had a preorder since like just a week ago or so and I got an email saying I can only get it next year or I can get it now for €140 if I want the american version. LOL

Is this about right? I’m in europe and this was from a local national shop.

Same here, EU as well. I had preordered it since September. Got an email today that the release date was moved up to March 2017. Pretty bummed out by this.

clem84

Gold Member
I honestly don't mind waiting for this thing. I'd be ok if I had to wait one or two months for Nintendo to manufacture more. I just hope it won't be a amiibo-gen-1 type of thing where it sells out and Nintendo goes "oh yeah we forgot to tell everyone. It's a limited thing".

I bet they short ship for Nov 11 and next week they open the floodgates.

They are just plain ignorant and stupid if they don't have 100+ units ready to sell at every walmart and target in any kind of populated area come black friday.

DeathoftheEndless

Crashing this plane... with no survivors!
Third'ed.

I'm trying to figure out how to get an extra controller given that my car is out of commission so I can't hit Target or Best Buy when they open Friday. *sigh*

I'll try to see if they have those in stock on Friday. I'm not looking forward to then spending another $20 and shipping to get extended cords either ugh.

It's Nintendo, that should say enough :')

dd9RfY9.png

alf717

So what is the deal with Gamestop? Are they getting some in for pre-order and they are gone? Or is Friday the 11th gonna be a up for grabs kind of deal at GS? I was hoping to get Amazon release day delivery cause I have a gift card with them but it looks like they don't know what they are getting or can't say at the moment.

1upmuffin

So what is the deal with Gamestop? Are they getting some in for pre-order and they are gone? Or is Friday the 11th gonna be a up for grabs kind of deal at GS? I was hoping to get Amazon release day delivery cause I have a gift card with them but it looks like they don't know what they are getting or can't say at the moment.

My local Gamestop said it's gonna be an up for grabs kind of thing, and they will post how many they get that morning on the door.

TLZ

Banned
If possible im buying 2 and 2 controllers......

Dont know if i should try at toys r us first or go to my malls gamestop

Think i might have a better time at toys r us

I also hope my famicom ships from amazon ajapan

Amazon Japan says will ship my famicom Dec 14.

tiijj

Dunno if this was mention before but the famicom mini has a storage box/drawer that looks like a famicom disk system. Oh, it's from a 3rd party so it's not an officially released by nintendo.

Amazon Japan says will ship my famicom Dec 14.

Mine says Nov 10-13, is yours direct to your place?

TLZ

Banned
Mine says Nov 10-13, is yours direct to your place?

Yea. Not sure why mine's being shipped so late. Maybe next shipment? Funny thing when I pre-ordered though it clearly said first shipment or something and was still in stock. So really unsure why.

Can't wait to get my hands on it though. Way too many fond memories with this lovely machine.

demazin

Yea. Not sure why mine's being shipped so late. Maybe next shipment? Funny thing when I pre-ordered though it clearly said first shipment or something and was still in stock. So really unsure why.

Can't wait to get my hands on it though. Way too many fond memories with this lovely machine.

Mine arrives tomorrow! Yes!

My console and extra controller have been delivered in the uk - that was straight from Nintendo.

It'll be a long wait 'til Christmas to try it out :-(

Got mine today.

The cable is about as long as my arm ffs. Luckily I have it on my desk but this is going to need a cable if you want to play sitting anywhere but directly in front of the console.

Had a quick go on Castlevania. Seemed responsive and not particularly laggy but I'm not the best judge of these things.

Playing on my flatscreen monitor I have the following observations to make about the display settings.

There are three.

One is 4:3 mode, which is default but feels stretched for some reason. It feels wrong. I'm not sure why 4:3 should be wider than "pixel perfect" mode but it is. 4:3 is the correct aspect ratio, yeah? Anyway this mode felt wrong.

Then there is "Pixel perfect" mode, which is just flat out the unadulterated ultra-smooth image being outputted by the console. It looks good but it's a bit too clean if you get my meaning.

Then there is CRT mode (or something - can't quite remember the name) - this has scanlines but also some artificial fuzziness and image degradation tat makes it look like a shitty 80s crt. I guess that's nice for the authentic feel.

Personally, I would have preferred an option that included scanlines without the other shite. Scanlines improve the image quality IMO, where as fuzziness makes it worse.

I prefer the output I get from my hi-res modded NES I guess but really, this is a minor quibble. I'm sure most people won't care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom