• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sanjuro

g1hR8mw.png

I feel like I'll probably have a better chance of waiting in line outside of a TRU and picking one up Friday morning than camping at 5 PM ET on Amazon and competing against who knows how many people.

Mine shipped as well, telling me I'll get it on Saturday. Still haven't told my wife but I am going to set it aside for Christmas. It's partially a gift for my son; not old enough yet but wanted to get it right away!

Dub117

Any word on U.S. Target or Walmart in-store stock yet?
Guy I talked to at local Target said on sale at 8 A.M. and had received more calls than they have in stock, though he wouldn't give me a number. Basically said be there as early as possible or don't bother.

Guy I talked to at local Target said on sale at 8 A.M. and had received more calls than they have in stock, though he wouldn't give me a number. Basically said be there as early as possible or don't bother.

It blows my mind how much demand there is for a ROM collection that could be emulated on a toaster oven at this point. Really hope this does well and opens the door for more old school game collections in the mainstream.

fernoca

A good amount of stock should be there on Black Friday. This has been positioned as an easy gift for Christmas, so this seems more like a soft launch. :p

D.Lo

It's not actually called the 'Mini' in the US though right, it's just called NES Classic Edition.

It is the Nintendo Classic Mini in Japan, Australia and EU though.

Shiggy

Game still hasn't shipped my controllers, just states they are preparing for shipping...

Amazon.de just shipped the system itself though.

MouldyK

You know what I find annoying?

Argos, Game and other places in the U.K. Used to have it on their website...then just remove the webpage for it entirely! Even going so far as to not even have the controllers for purchase either.

I don't want to go hunting around tomorrow in hopes one of these retailers still know it exists!

Looks like this will be out for delivery today, Nintendo Store UK order. Really hyped, most of the games included are ones I don't have carts of. Now I just need to find a second controller.

Niwa

amazon germany tries to tell ne the estimated arrival is the 30th of November, what the hell? anyone else from germany with a delayed order?

Richie

Or both.

"Nintendo Classic Mini |OT| Mini Cable. Mini Stock. Classic Nintendo!"

Oooh that's good. I like it! I'd also keep the Mini instead of shoehorning the Classic Edition variant in the title; the Mini monicker is used in more countries and this thread itself has kept the Mini name since inception, so I think the way you redacted it works nicely. Perhaps keeping the marks, a lá "Mini Cable? Mini Stock?! Classic Nintendo!"

All up to maxcriden though, of course!

Impulsor

I just received mine today.

Shame I never had a chance to get an extra controller.

thank you Nintendo, for always producing so much units.

This thing is compeltely sold out everywhere and the controlelr is at around 50€ on ebay.

Insane.

Peru

They opened up pre-orders on a number of stores here when it was announced. I pre-ordered a system and extra controller. They haven't been taking pre-orders for a while now. Hopefully I get mine.

maxcriden

lol fuck off nintendo

kill the wii u already if it means more people can have nes minis, it's the home console folks really crave

I don't think this is a case where Nintendo intentionally undershipped. This is a totally unproven product and based on their comments they didn't anticipate how popular it would be. Heck, it seems they didn't even plan on releasing a version for Japan at first.

StayDead

My Japanese version is shipped, should be here on the 15th (when I'm at work noooo!)

Hopefully rearranging delivery shouldn't be too hard via DHL.

ys45

I'm super busy at work and haven't been able to read the last few pages. But is there any recommedation as to where to order a Famicom Mini if I'm in the U.S.?

Thank you!

I got mine from Amazon Japan but I know it was also on Amiami and Play-Asia.
Amazon and Amiami are both great and got fast shipping , Play-Asia is my B plan usually as they are more expensive and the shipping is very slow .

But I'm pretty sure they are out of stock pretty much everywhere by now .

I don't think this is a case where Nintendo intentionally undershipped. This is a totally unproven product and based on their comments they didn't anticipate how popular it would be. Heck, it seems they didn't even plan on releasing a version for Japan at first.

There's being reasonable, and there's falling for the same statements over and over again.

Nintendo knew this was going to be a huge hit the day they announced it and saw the reaction. If they truly didn't know it was going to be popular then we shouldn't be giving them credit because their marketing department is clueless.

maxcriden

There's being reasonable, and there's falling for the same statements over and over again.

Nintendo knew this was going to be a huge hit the day they announced it and saw the reaction. If they truly didn't know it was going to be popular then we shouldn't be giving them credit because their marketing department is clueless.

I hear ya. I guess I don't understand or know enough how their production works for his product, though. Its not possible that they were into able to manufacture the initial supply as well as the initial Famicom supply in time for release? Although Shiggy and I previously discussed there seemed to not be any planned restocks, Amazon's new message is indicating there will be some resupply.

StAidan

Wish I could've grabbed a preorder when they opened a while back, now I'm planning a 6am trip tomorrow morning to get a place in line :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom