• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My UK (Argos) order was supposed to be with me today, but it seems like it won't be now. Fingers crossed for tomorrow. They said it was sent 1st class yesterday.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
I now live about 5 minutes away from a Best Buy. I don't want a NES Mini for myself but I'd love to pick one up for the Fiancee's parents and my brother-in-law along with a controller for myself to use with my Wii U (and hopefully 8bitdo's Retro Receiver in the future)

Thinking of dropping in early Friday to see what's up stock-wise.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
It's kinda fascinating how many third party accessories are popping up for this thing, I don't recall that happening with any of the multitude of clone consoles based on Sega and Atari in the past.

Also, if you need a extension cable, google search "Nunchuck Extension" or "Classic Controller extension" and you can probably get one for half the price of cables branded specifically for the NES Mini.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.
I am hoping they open up tomorrow so that people can get release day delivery. That would make some sense.

I might not be THAT optimistic, but I just want to secure one since any instore stock will be bought up (I live in a college town).

If all else fails, fear for black friday stock.

SuperSah

Banned
Completely sold out in the UK I think. Selling on eBay for 100% markup.

Does anyone know if they are doing this run and that's it?

Pretty much this, totally sold out.

So happy I kept my Amazon UK preorder

Look at this. They've sold tons at this price;

screenshot2016-11-09a1usm6.png

Turnbl

Pre-ordered in July on Amazon UK. Can't never be tight so free delivery option has been set to arrive on Saturday 12th for months now (therefore changed to my home address months ago).

Current status: 10 Nov Will Dispatch, 12 Nov Arriving Saturday. Come on, don't fail me now!!! Never had a NES so maybe a little too excited about this.

Will Amazon have these up at any particular time? I am hoping to get 2 or 3 of them but if I can do that and not have to leave the house Friday morning that'd be great.

Hobbun

Will Amazon have these up at any particular time? I am hoping to get 2 or 3 of them but if I can do that and not have to leave the house Friday morning that'd be great.

Just curious, but why are you getting 2 or 3 of them? For different rooms of the house or friends/family?

Erekiddo

FedEx shipped my order from Target, but I've moved since the time I put in the preorder.

Reaaaally hoping my mail forward catches it. Target nor FedEx could change the address.

HoTHiTTeR

FedEx shipped my order from Target, but I've moved since the time I put in the preorder.

Reaaaally hoping my mail forward catches it. Target nor FedEx could change the address.

It's fedex smartpost which uses USPS for the last mile delivery. How badly do you want it? Call the local post office that used to deliver your mail, and the new one. Speak to a supervisor. Give them the tracking and see if they can help. Google says it'll be a $3 fee for address forward, but i wouldn't rely on that kicking in. It'll probably go to your old place.

BigBeauford

Is there any reason someone shouldn't just drop $10 on a 15' HDMI cable from Amazon, rather than $10 per extension for each controller?

SuperSah

Banned
Pre-ordered in July on Amazon UK. Can't never be tight so free delivery option has been set to arrive on Saturday 12th for months now (therefore changed to my home address months ago).

Current status: 10 Nov Will Dispatch, 12 Nov Arriving Saturday. Come on, don't fail me now!!! Never had a NES so maybe a little too excited about this.

Mine's on the same dispatch date as yours. I'm getting it Friday though.

RedToad64

A store I called said they currently have 120 units waiting to be put on shelves Thursday night. Another store said they only have 25.

I know it's able to be updated but is there any scope for opening it up and soldering an SD card into it somehow, such that you can play the rest of your collection with the same UI?

D

Deleted member 144138

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone else who ordered from Amazon Germany and get their NES on November 30th?

My local Toys R Us said they'd be getting 25 in stock, limit 1 per person. Gamestop also said 1 per person but if they had any remaining after selling to those who were in line at opening, they'd allow buying multiples. If all Gamestops are doing the same and only getting 7-9 in stock, you better plan on getting there very early Friday morning if you want one.

How's the input lag on this thing? Noticed any while playing SMB 1/2/3?

I was wondering the same. Based on previous research, it's likely to be better than a Retron5, worse than Windows 10, and about the same as a RasberryPi.

I am expecting around 3-4 frames. Battletoads would be nigh impossible, but with the games we got, I can see Mega Man 2 being a challenge to deal with, but not much else.

Erekiddo

It's fedex smartpost which uses USPS for the last mile delivery. How badly do you want it? Call the local post office that used to deliver your mail, and the new one. Speak to a supervisor. Give them the tracking and see if they can help. Google says it'll be a $3 fee for address forward, but i wouldn't rely on that kicking in. It'll probably go to your old place.

Of course I want it.

How do they bill me? Hold my package hostage until I cough up $3?

twodollars1.gif

Yep same here, Il still try to get a Mini NES but at least I know il have the Famicom Mini now .

I'm super busy at work and haven't been able to read the last few pages. But is there any recommedation as to where to order a Famicom Mini if I'm in the U.S.?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom