• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Classic Mini - NES Coming on November 11th (30 NES games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Has a plug and play retro system ever been a sell out hit?

Oh, and the Nintendo UK Store has indicated there's a second shipment ready in time for Christmas so they clearly responded to said demand by making more.

Mine was shipped and shall be at my place tomorrow :) Thank you based amazon.de
My wife preordered one two which will be the perfect christmas gift for my father :)

Cornbread78

We got a very small shipment to sell tonight...

problem is, I want to buy one for my wife, but can't set them aside..

Will these things really be selling for twice their price tomorrow? Maybe I should grab two

maxcriden

We got a very small shipment to sell tonight...

problem is, I want to buy one for my wife, but can't set them aside..

Will these things really be selling for twice their price tomorrow? Maybe I should grab two

Can I ask how many you guys got? At BB right?

Edit: and will you guys be selling them the moment doors open tomorrow?

Oh, and the Nintendo UK Store has indicated there's a second shipment ready in time for Christmas so they clearly responded to said demand by making more.

Has one ever been marketed and made by the original creator before?

Celine

I believe the best selling plug and play retro system to be the Atari Flashback 2 which shipped close to 1 million units in North America.
I expect the NES Classic Mini to easily beat that record (if Nintendo manufacture enough units that is).

maxcriden

Wall-Mart (NH/USA)

Find a local 24/hr Wal-Mart and stop before midnight. I got off at 11 and will get in line right after that. 2nd Jobs are fun!

Thanks for the info!

--

I checked BrickSeek:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54043501

And WM isn't showing their specific inventory numbers yet.

Same with Target:

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-0180

Hopefully they show up soon. I wonder if Target is even getting any in stores! Do we know for a fact yet?

Celine

will NPD track this?
Many gamers know NPD only for videogames but in reality they cover other markets like toys.
In fact in its infancy videgames were grouped with the other toys:

Cw1OpN6UQAQp-yC.jpg:large

So I think NPD will track the NES Classic Mini though I'm not sure if the data will be available on public news sites.
It would be funny if in November or December the NES would bet PS4 and Xbox One.
Imagine the news headline lol.

Many gamers know NPD only for videogames but in reality they cover other markets like toys.
In fact in its infancy videgames were grouped with the other toys:

Cw1OpN6UQAQp-yC.jpg:large

So I think NPD will track the NES Classic Mini though I'm not sure if the data will be available on public news sites.
It would be funny if in November or December the NES would bet PS4 and Xbox One.
Imagine the news headline lol.

I don't really think that's that far out. I would actually be surprised if it isn't.

clem84

Gold Member
The release date is Nov. 11 for Canada too right? So walmart should have them Friday morning when stores open?

Also, have the walmart.ca pre-orders all been taken already? Their website says "out of stock online".

Piccoro

Went into a major electronics store just now on my launch break. They have 30 NES and Nintendo only sent them 13 extra controllers.

I preordered one, and the clerk actually opened the box to show it to me! :)
But they are only authorized to sell them tomorrow.

Cornbread78

Thanks for the info!
--
I checked BrickSeek:

http://brickseek.com/walmart-inventory-checker?sku=54043501

And WM isn't showing their specific inventory numbers yet.

Same with Target:

http://brickseek.com/target-inventory-checker?sku=207-29-0180

Hopefully they show up soon. I wonder if Target is even getting any in stores! Do we know for a fact yet?

Yeah, I can 100% confirm that those numbers are incorrect. But yeah, if there is a 24 hour store in your area, that will probably be your best bet. We have a GS across the street and we trade stock info sometimes to send customers to one store of the other depending on who received what sized shipments.

I'm in a moderately sized Canadian city and I work in the electronics department f the smallest Walmart in the city. We got 36 of these. I'm actually shocked.

Damn good haul. I talked to a couple stores last night and it doesn't appear they sent too many to our area stores.

maxcriden

Yeah, I can 100% confirm that those numbers are incorrect. But yeah, if there is a 24 hour store in your area, that will probably be your best bet. We have a GS across the street and we trade stock info sometimes to send customers to one store of the other depending on who received what sized shipments.

Ok, awesome. Thanks for the info! I don't think I'm up for staying up to midnight necessarily is my only thing... hopefully the one that closes at 1 and opens at 5 AM will be ok... I'll have to see though. GS or Target or BB before opening is my backup.

StayDead

DHL allowed me to change my delivery address down the road to where my Mum lives (she'll be in on the 16th when they want to deliver)

Phew!

Laws00

DHL allowed me to change my delivery address down the road to where my Mum lives (she'll be in on the 16th when they want to deliver)

Phew!

ME TOO ME but wtf man and then this makes me feel all but comforted.....

hereby accept the DHL Terms and Conditions and authorize DHL to deliver my shipment as specified. I release DHL and my Shipper from all liability for any loss or damage that may result from delivering the shipment according to my request.

I'm going to have to go out tomorrow to try and get one of these and - Odin help me - try to get a second controller. The fact that it will be Veteran's Day won't help matters.

Nintendo, I love you, but you keep thinking of new ways to hurt me.

StAidan

I called a couple of my local stores this morning, and the numbers they have for tomorrow are:

Fred Meyer - 3
GameStop - 12
Target - 14

Best Buy hasn't opened yet, but I'm not likely to line up there since the earlier-opening stores should have shorter lines.

maxcriden

So Walmart (US) is definitely putting these things out at midnight?

You'll have to call your individual store. I personally imagine may won't. But those that don't may still be able to grab you one from the back at that time.

I called a couple of my local stores this morning, and the numbers they have for tomorrow are:

Fred Meyer - 3
GameStop - 12
Target - 14

Best Buy hasn't opened yet, but I'm not likely to line up there since the earlier-opening stores should have shorter lines.

Thanks for this! I plan to do the same soon.

magenta

Cross post from the AusGAF thread;

I also bought a mini NES today. The Target store I went to only had 18 units in stock and the staff were smart enough to give tickets for one unit to those who waited outside the door so the whole process was orderly. It also allowed them to inform anybody who came a bit too late that they were not going to make it.

The complete opposite happened to one of my friends. He went to a different Target store who had lo and behold 18 units in stock. Roughly 50 people arrived with families having the intention of buying one for each member themselves so they could keep one and flog the rest on eBay. This time there were no tickets which ensured no civil order here. Staff member just opened the roller door to waist high and stopped knowing what was going to happen next, commando rolls underneath and a sprint to the gaming section in the back corner. Entirely unfair to those whose waited first and were not quite athletic.

I don't understand why Nintendo would produce these in such small numbers.

I'm from Australia. There seemed to be a trend of 18 units per store and I knew these would go fast as inquiries exceeded stock levels and store employees suggested waiting outside. And of course they are now gone, I'm very glad that I have mine.

dovella

In Italy, Amazon broke the day one . Plenty of people have received Nes mini yesterday.

So I went to Gamestop where I had booked the mini Nes many months ago ,
But they refused to give me the Nes mini one day before.

Damn

Thought mine would arrive today as it was out for delivery but looking on the tracking there appears to be some confusion and it has a few weird tracking events this afternoon I'm not entirely familiar with. Ah well, hopefully tomorrow is the day!

Good luck to everyone going out to grab one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom