• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

Nibel

An odd challenge.. has anyone ever Iwatafied a dog before? :)

JakeColorYawnAvatar2.png

Dude, of course I will try it for you :)

KqotX.png

GCX

He said similar. Not mind numbing.
:p
Though to be fair, Sony and MS don't have the faces like Nintendo Doss in Iwata and Reggie.
I can't really think of many other corporate CEOs who'd do as much as PR job as Iwata (Nintendo Direct, Iwata Asks, keynotes, etc.)

Easy_D

never left the stone age
If someone could think of a clever way to Iwatar my avatar I would be most pleased and totally worship you and name my firstborn after you too.

Pics of birth certificate promised.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
If I recall correctly, the NoE Nintendo Direct last time was just a subtitled NoJ Nintendo Direct. NoA actually does a whole separate show. If there's nothing specifically relevant to the Western market, they probably wont bother.

guek

Banned
Seriously, I'm surprised Sony and MS haven't tried something similar in response.

Well I think the difference is neither Sony nor MS hold cards so close to their chest for so long. Nintendo likes to hold off on announcing or hyping software too far in advance. The obvious problem with this is that consumers are left in the dark for far too long and its tough to drum up excitement at the last moment.

Having mini-events every 2 months is a great way to mitigate that and promote upcoming software directly to consumers.

GCX

If I recall correctly, the NoE Nintendo Direct last time was just a subtitled NoJ Nintendo Direct. NoA actually does a whole separate show. If there's nothing specifically relevant to the Western market, they probably wont bother.
This time Europe's Direct will be presented by NOE president Satoru Shibata though. Not sure if they've done a whole video for Europe or if he'll just introduce it before the subbed Iwata video though.

This time, the NoE president is actually doing something for the European event. If anything this indicates an even bigger focus on western markets.

You're right ! But this time, it should be Shibata first, then some parts with Iwata.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ

*nerd glasses*

This is the second time this has been posted, but there is no NoJ. It's NCL. Nintendo Co., Ltd.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
This time Europe's Direct will be presented by NOE president Satoru Shibata though. Not sure if they've done a whole video for Europe or if he'll just introduce it before the subbed Iwata video though.

This time, the NoE president is actually doing something for the European event. If anything this indicates an even bigger focus on western markets.

You're right ! But this time, it should be Shibata first, then some parts with Iwata.

last time. this time we have Satoru too.

Cool. Hopefully that amounts to something awesome.

*nerd glasses*

This is the second time this has been posted, but there is no NoJ. It's NCL. Nintendo Co., Ltd.

The only real, true Nintendo is Nintendo if Australia.

I don't know, but as a European I'm happy to inform you of my excitement about the upcoming Fire Emblem EU release date announcement. Maybe you can be happy for me instead.

Sure, I'll drink to that! I salute your good fortune at the hands of NOE's recent competence. May some of it filter back here someday.

miketomcrowbeer-1.jpg

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
I don't know, but as a European I'm glad to inform you of my excitement about the upcoming Fire Emblem EU release date announcement. Maybe you can be happy for me.

Congratulations, bro. I am truly happy for you, you ol' shithead, you.

Maybe after you've played Fire Emblem, we can go ride bikes together along the mountain trails. But be careful, i wouldn't you want you to fall off your bike and down to your doom.

Pociask

You guys are crazy. Clearly this Nintendo Direct is just to show fans that Nintendo is beginning to power up for this E3.

I expect a quick-cut montage showing sales graphs from the last few months, people lined up to buys Apple products, etc. Then, the hovering heads of Iwata, Shiggy, and Sakurai, looking all grim and fierce. The Wii U shows for a tenth of a second. Quick cut to title: NINTENDO: Revengeance: BROTHERS! To the end!

Effect

Seriously, how does NOA get away with crap like this? NOJ, please start exercising a little more control over your dysfunctional employees in Redmond!

Seriously. If there is anything that really worries me about the Wii U it's this. Having to deal with the current Nintendo of America.

R

Rösti

Unconfirmed Member
Cheesemeister mentions the Japanese Nintendo Direct broadcast will cover Nintendo 3DS and Wii news. The only game that is going to be released in Japan for Wii before E3 is Mario Party 9 on the 26th of April. And Fatal Frame II: Deep Crimson Butterfly will be released on the 28th of June. Do these games really account for something very important, or is Nintendo simply trying to squeeze the last pennies out of Wii?

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/schedule/

I also wonder why Wii is mentioned before Nintendo 3DS here, shouldn't it be the other way around? I suppose this broadcast could be used as a bridge to the Fiscal Year Earnings Release scheduled for the 26th of April (Thursday next week), at least if they decide to share some new information on Wii U. Reggie did say in interviews with both CNN and GameTrailers in conjunction with CES 2012 that more information about Wii U would be given prior to E3.

Has the whole Euro press release been posted?

Looking forward to new info, trailers and other news about the latest games - as well as titles coming up on the horizon - for Nintendo 3DS and Wii? Then look no further than the next edition of Nintendo Direct this Saturday, April 21st at 1pm CET.

The European Nintendo Direct of April 21st will be hosted by Satoru Shibata, President of Nintendo of Europe, and will not only contain highlights from the Japanese Nintendo Direct (taking place on the same date) but also feature announcements and content entirely exclusive to Europe.

Here are all the facts you need to ensure you don't miss out:

You'll be able to watch the presentation on our European Nintendo Direct website. During the presentation we'll be live-tweeting the key announcements from our @NintendoEurope and @NintendoUK Twitter pages.

Afterwards, we'll upload all the trailers shown during the presentation to our European Nintendo Direct website - including some extended versions of the digests presented by Satoru Shibata.

Later you'll also be able to watch the videos on Nintendo eShop and on our YouTube channels Nintendo3DSuk and NintendoWiiuk.

We hope you look forward to finding out more about the games you could be playing soon. Enjoy the show!
Announcements and content entirely exclusive to Europe.

MONSTER HUNTER TRI G!!

Sven on Monster Hunter 3G:

There is method to the madness... that's all I can say for now. I understand it not being clear or rational to you right now but you'll see.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap.../29065873/Reason_for_3Gs_lack_of_localization

Varin, have we said that? I think it's fair to say I've said everything that I can on this topic without getting myself into trouble. Please be patient.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_cap...e_we_not_getting_Monster_Hunter_Tri_G_for_3DS

Oh shit, here we go again.

Top Bottom