• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

Zenaku

Remake..
*immediately researches*

Huh. It's out in June?!?
Little enough gameplay video from what I saw, I must know more. What changes are they making to my baby?

I haven't kept up with the info, but I believe a complete graphical overhaul, extra modes (haunted mansion I believe), extra endings and Wiimote controls are some of the changes.

Sadist

Did someone say Nintendo Direct Bingo?

2dbTr.png

chris3116

What I expect :

Sales on the last fiscal year (Wii, DS, 3DS)
More Nintendo Network infos (I doubt NiN news at E3)
Some dates for games for the next quarter
Maybe 1 game to be revealed
If there's a new name for Wii-U, I expect to be revealed there.

GCX

What I expect :

Nintendo Direct is meant for consumers, no need for sales talk there.

Next week's fiscal year report and shareholder meeting is for that.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I just want a Beat the Beat date. That is all I want. Is that too much to ask for. It's not like I'm asking for iDOLM@STER or something impossible like that.

Imo:

-Project X Zone video
-some Mario Tennis Open / Fire Emblem stuffs (DLC, footage, PAL release date)
-Mario Party 9
-third parties trailer of Etrian Odyssey IV, Bravely Default, etc.

What I do hope:

-new firmware update
-a new Nintendo IP for eShop
-Mario Tennis Open demo
-Blu Cobalt in Europe
-The World Ends With You 2

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Imo:

-Project X Zone video
-some Mario Tennis Open / Fire Emblem stuffs (DLC, footage, PAL release date)
-Mario Party 9
-third parties trailer of Etrian Odyssey IV, Bravely Default, etc.

What I do hope:

-new firmware update
-a new Nintendo IP for eShop
-Mario Tennis Open demo
-Blu Cobalt in Europe
-The World Ends With You 2

There won't be any Euro/American news here. The rest of the bolded won't happen, either. Mario Party 9 came out last month, too.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Wasn't Shake It! kind of WL5? I'd not object to a WL6, though, especially if it's based more on WL2 and WL3 than WL4.

WL2 and WL3? But one has a pretty straight forward level by level structure (with a few secret exits) while the other is a bit more like Metroid with you unlocking abilities to progress previously visited levels.

Maybe I should've said "or" instead of "and", but either way, they both focus on puzzle platforming centering around the concept of an utterly invulnerable protagonist, and play fairly similarly in that sense.

Cactus

Banned
Wasn't Shake It! kind of WL5? I'd not object to a WL6, though, especially if it's based more on WL2 and WL3 than WL4.

As much as I enjoyed Shake It!, it differed in a lot of ways from the other Land games. I personally hope Nintendo develops the next one themselves.

WL2 and WL3? But one has a pretty straight forward level by level structure (with a few secret exits) while the other is a bit more like Metroid with you unlocking abilities to progress previously visited levels.

And both were outstanding!

wrowa

There won't be any Euro/American news here. The rest of the bolded won't happen, either. Mario Party 9 came out last month, too.

There's a European Direct too, so of course there will be European news. Mario Party 9 is a Golden Week release in Japan...

SteeloDMZ

Banned
Every Nintendo related event/stream/conference seems to bring some sort of crazy thing. To commemorate the craziness, I'll start a series of "achievatars", meaning rare avatars that will mark these iconic moments. Who'll be the first to sport the ultra rare (only one of it will be made), Kirby Iwata Hair?

Ups for the first who grabs it:

j0r9anYGyURYT.jpg

The numbers on the bottom represent the day the moment took.

Every Nintendo related event/stream/conference seems to bring some sort of crazy thing. To commemorate the craziness, I'll start a series of "achievatars", meaning rare avatars that will mark these iconic moments. Who'll be the first to sport the ultra rare (only one of it will be made), Kirby Iwata Hair?

Ups for the first who grabs it:

j0r9anYGyURYT.jpg

The numbers on the bottom represent the day the moment took.

I'd take it but I don't want the 4/20 in my avatar.

Chris1964

Sales-Age Genius
What I expect :

That looks better

Top Bottom