• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct 2012.4.21 - Apr. 20th, 11PM EDT [Done]

Zenaku

I'm personally hoping for updates/info on Rune Factory 4, Etrian Odyssey IV and Senran Kagura Bust Burst from the Japanese Direct.

wrowa

Don't Nintendo usually put out a release schedule of their first party publishing around the time of their quarterly report (which is in about a week).

If so not sure about the purpose of this.

The earning results are targeted solely towards their investors, the Nintendo Directs are targeted at their customers. Enough said?

Thanks guys, I'm really low on sleep and am normally not thread stupid like this, sorry.

Nibel

Don't Nintendo usually put out a release schedule of their first party publishing around the time of their quarterly report (which is in about a week).

If so not sure about the purpose of this.

Quarterly report -> Investors
Nintendo Direct -> Me and You

BTW, rumors say that Nintendo prepared a movie for their investors which is based on the current situation in Japan. I got the cover from a French source:

mclem

Where will Iwata be *this* time? My money's on the staff canteen!
Mildly interesting that the EU one is over the weekend.

I'll predict the 3rd batch of StreetPass Mii Plaza Puzzles.
I'll predict "Wake Mii Up!"

Man, I love how these things just get randomly announced 24 hours before they happen. Props to Nintendo for not leading people on a string for weeks with announcements of announcements of announcements.

Strictly speaking, surely that's what this is? They have announced an event in which will be (we assume) some announcements.

Jintor

Where will Iwata be *this* time? My money's on the staff canteen!
Mildly interesting that the EU one is over the weekend.

I'll predict "Wake Mii Up!"

Strictly speaking, surely that's what this is? They have announced an event in which will be (we assume) some announcements.
Twenty four hours hype compression!

BowieZ

Banned
This may be overhyping, but if they focus on WiiU for E3, maybe they'll preview footage of New Super Mario Bros. 3DS.

Clipper

I'm off to bed. Rest assured that the time zone chart will be updated when I wake, if they announce a US event while I'm asleep.

Fabrik

Banned
This is the correct way of announcing stuff. Not a fucking tweet about an announcement date only to be a 10 seconds CG teaser two weeks later.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
This may be overhyping, but if they focus on WiiU for E3, maybe they'll preview footage of New Super Mario Bros. 3DS.
Doubtful. Nintendo Direct usually focuses on the next few months (May, June, maybe some July) while side-scrolling Mario 3DS is slated for the Holidays.

I'm hoping we see a late summer release for Animal Crossing 3DS confirmed. The title seemed really far along the last time we saw footage, and AC is a perfect summer title IMO.

Vidiot

Why do you guys hype these up so much? For the fun of it? No one actually thinks anything big will be announced with E3 less then two months away do they?

Doubtful. Nintendo Direct usually focuses on the next few months (May, June, maybe some July) while side-scrolling Mario 3DS is slated for the Holidays.

I'm hoping we see a late summer release for Animal Crossing 3DS confirmed. The title seemed really far along the last time we saw footage, and AC is a perfect summer title IMO.

I thinking they might show their titles for June, July, and early August. They have basically only announced through late May for the 3DS, and given us Pokemon B&W2 for June (which may be all the have planned for June). The last Nintendo Direct was in February and they gave us upto Mario Tennis which is dated for late May, ~3 months.

I think either Friend Collection or Animal Crossing are going to be slotted for early August, with the other releasing in November. Luigi's Mansion is the only other title that I see possibly being dated.

Why do you guys hype these up so much? For the fun of it? No one actually thinks anything big will be announced with E3 less then two months away do they?

Megatons are nothing to joke about, man. Iwata is gonna drop those bombs.

Yes, it's just some hyperbolic silliness for the fun of it.

Yes, but that's an announcement of an announcement. He was talking about announcements of announcements of announcements.

watershed

Banned
All Im hoping for is some AC 3ds news which is not unrealistic if AC is going to be a summer release. If not though then it won't be there.

Top Bottom