• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct for NA/EU coming tomorrow (3DS, Q1 2014 games)

Mark1

I'm expecting a Smash related announcement, return of another veteran. Honestly though I'd like to see a new character now.

Tehalemi

FpBi7R4.gif

Get Hype!

emb

Not really that far, since it is apparently supposed to be released on the first semester of 2014.
"apparently supposed" :p
:\

I don't remember them saying anything other than next year. But even if they told me January 1, 2014 I have no doubt that it will come out holiday 2014.

L~A

Reasons I think it's a US only Direct :

1) all previous Directs in the past few months were announced at the same time for all territories
2) time of the announcement is off, should be in 20 minutes (3PM GMT+1) if global direct
3) time of the direct is off too, it's one hour later than usual (7AM East Coast) for a global direct
4) announcement mentions explicitely the 3DS (and states it's 3DS-only)... and there's a few 3DS games that the US is yet to get (Bravely Default and Layton 6 for starters)
5) again, if it were an important Direct, it would've been announced for EU/JP already. Announcements (almost) always happen exactly 24h before the actual direct.

So I'm expecting a US-only Direct, with no major announcements (like localisation or Miiverse 3DS, or Europe would be getting it too. Besides, I'm sure that would warrant some special maintenance, and so far, there's been nothing on that front).

Of course, I'd love to be wrong. That's the reason I didn't put the time in the title, since I wanted to wait and see if JP/EU were getting the direct too. I'll still be there for the pre-Direct Hype Party, of course :D

My sentiments exactly. Won't happen though :(

I'm telling you guys, believe in the Year of Dragon Quest! Rocket Slime 3 will kick off the year, with Monsters 1 and 2 in Spring and early Summer, Dragon Quest VII in September. All culminating in Dragon Quest X release in October/November.

I hate life

deleted

IF they announce some Wii U things, please have the N64 virtual console ready. I want to play through Mario 64 on christmas again and it better be part gamepad/part Wii U Pro Controller with an internal resolution of 1080p.

HYPEEEE

Mewtwo returning to Smash Bros. #believe

IF they announce some Wii U things, please have the N64 virtual console ready. I want to play through Mario 64 on christmas again and it better be part gamepad/part Wii U Pro Controller with an internal resolution of 1080p.

this also please

Dr. Buni

There's a Smash 3ds too... However, if it's really NA only, I wouldn't expect any news about Smash.
Yeah, but they wouldn't talk about the 3DS version without mentioning the Wii U version, I think. You're right about the NA only thing.

Still hoping for the MH4, though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
nibel, are you making the train with assets from 3D world this time? I'M ALL ABOARD

They are supposed to be released this year, so I'd imagine that they'll be available, hopefully, around 3D World's launch. But the VC has been so bad for Wii U lately, I'm worried about whether or not it's another one of those Nintendo "this year" where it'll actually be a last second sort of thing.

If anything, we should get some info on those Mega Man VC games we're supposed to get this year on 3DS.

Kouichi

Looking forward to new details on Mario Golf World Tour! And maybe a game announcement or two.

Smash Bros 3DS news and footage would be awesome, but I'm not expecting it.

GeekyDad

Only previously announced 3DS games?

IgMyx.gif

Yeah, that's what I'm marking in my itinerary. Ten games we already knew about and a "surprise" announcement at the end of a game we're mildly excited about.

I'm getting Senran Kagura Burst the very next day, so it's all gonna sound like gospel to me anyway. I'm high on boobs right now.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Crazy wishlist:
* Fire Emblem U - MORE WAIFUS
* Mario Golf 3DS/U - With RPG mechanics
* Miiverse 3DS
* Unified Account
* VC floodgates opened

BearChair

I don't get hyped for these anymore. I've been burned too many times to get my hopes up.

My only hope is the announcement of good, new 3DS Virtual Console announcements because the last month has been awful.

If you keep your hopes small, its hard to be disappointed.

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Mmh...considering the recent time changes due to DST (right?), 8AM PST now means 11PM JPT while, before the end of October, it was 7AM PST which corresponded to the usual Japanese Direct time). Let's see if it's really worldwide, after all.

Top Bottom