• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Yeah, I already have zero expectation for this Direct to be amazing because I'm pretty sure that they probably saved some surprises for E3 which is in two months.

Only two things that I want to know are Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 and Mewtwo DLC. That's it. Anything else is just icing on my cake. :)
I expect Splatoon and Yoshi as well. I am not expecting much either. This Direct is just to show off games released before/during E3. They did it with Tomodachi Life and MK8 last year.

AdanVC

Yeah, I already have zero expectation for this Direct to be amazing because I'm pretty sure that they probably saved some surprises for E3 which is in two months.

Only two things that I want to know are Mario Kart DLC Pack 2 and Mewtwo DLC. That's it. Anything else is just icing on my cake. :)

This pretty much. I'm so hyped for Mario Kart 8 DLC. Can't wait to see more of the Animal Crossing track and maybe other tracks based in another Nintendo IP. Plus, the retro tracks coming (Waluigi Pinball PLEASEEEEEEE. It'll look amazing in HD!)

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
You tease during the direct, then show the full trailer during E3.

pn5PGO6.gif

jmizzal

I def think to make up for the Zelda delay we get a tease of a new WiiU game for this year, with Iwata promising to show it off in full at E3

J

Jpop

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I would kill for? A new Batallion Wars for Wii U! The gamepad is perfect for it T_T

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I expect Splatoon and Yoshi as well. I am not expecting much either. This Direct is just to show off games released before/during E3. They did it with Tomodachi Life and MK8 last year.

Hmm. When are we supposedly to get Yoshi? Spring or Summer 2015? I forget?

April 1st is also the first day of the new financial year, the first day after Club Nintendo officially closes, and the first day after Mewtwo registration closes.

*nods* Yeah, It's just perfect time since it's on April 1 for Americans. I can't wait for people trying to prank everyone for many times tomorrow.

How did you do with your Amiibo collection?

This pretty much. I'm so hyped for Mario Kart 8 DLC. Can't wait to see more of the Animal Crossing track and maybe other tracks based in another Nintendo IP. Plus, the retro tracks coming (Waluigi Pinball PLEASEEEEEEE. It'll look amazing in HD!)

I would love to see Waluigi Pinball track in HD. It would be so beautiful!

Majine

Banned
Nintendo to unveil they have entered a strategic partnership with Sony to never release Zelda U if Sony never releases The Last Guardian. Everybody wins!

Do we know if Mewtwo will be given as part of an update or a download code if you've registered both games?

I don't care about having a complete roster and I main as Mr. Game & Watch so I'll probably trade my code for face value.

Hmm. When are we supposedly to get Yoshi? Spring or Summer 2015? I forget?

*nods* Yeah, It's just perfect time since it's on April 1 for Americans. I can't wait for people trying to prank everyone for many times tomorrow.

How did you do with your Amiibo collection?

I would love to see Waluigi Pinball track in HD. It would be so beautiful!

I have all of wave 1-3 and toad and peach and Mario from the Mario party line

Nintendo's E3 has not been a handheld show for a few years now, so I expect there will be some new 3DS games shown tomorrow. Further, for the US, we know about one first party 3DS game that might come out in the second half of the year. One. On the other hand, a 2015 focus for E3 probably means there's time to show new 3DS games beyond "hey, this exists."

Of course, I'd like to see a 2D Metroid for 3DS and a "real" Paper Mario game for Wii U, but I'm keeping my expectations in check since E3 is in just a few months.

Hatchtag

Banned
Expectations:
-Mewtwo DLC
-New Amiibo Wave/Compatibility Announcements
-OG 3DS Amiibo accessory announced
-Mario Kart 8 DLC Pack 2
-Splatoon trailer and launch date
-Wii U system update; Gamepad now functions as classic controller across Wii mode. First digital Wii game that does this releases.
nintendont support added the day after.
-Re-reveal of Yarn Yoshi or Mario Maker. Pick one, not both
-New trailer for Fire Emblem if
-Major 3DS title announced a la Link Between Worlds and Fire Emblem if
-Pokemon Rumble World announced
-Rhythym Heaven 3DS mentioned in Japan Direct
-E3 plans hinted at. Star Fox mentioned. Still coming this year (would've been mentioned along with Zelda's delay so they could've gotten all bad news out of the way early).

I'm expect them to mention the Zelda delay, still try to convince people FE x SMT is still a thing, Mewtwo DLC info, amiibo stuff and some Splatoon stuff.

On the 3DS some spot for Etrian Odyssey Mystery Dungeon, more Fire Emblem if stuff, some new indie 3DS game and a surprise game.

All and all, luck luster.

Neoxon

My hopes

- Rhythm Heaven 3DS localization news
- The Great Ace Attorney localization news
- GameCube Adapter Support for Wii Mode
- Xenoblade X Western release month
- Chorus Kids tease for Smash DLC

Though I'm just expecting Mewtwo, the 2nd DLC pack for MK8, & a release date for Splatoon (& an official reveal of the Splatoon Amiibos).

Nintendo is primed to drop some bombs soon. I think there will be bombs tomorrow. Remember the Japan Direct when Iwata was all "Hey, New 3DS and Xenoblade 3D!"? No one saw it coming.

That level.

Crom

Castlevania is perfect for this. Just imagine a 3D interconnected Transylvania like in Simons Quest with all the different areas, crazy difficulty and awesome bosses. It is my dream game.

Hell yeah!

I have been wanted them to make a Castlevania with the Simon's Quest format for years (but much improved of course) I want towns in Castlevania.

Top Bottom