• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

Swamped

Banned
OOOOOOOH do you think they will have some announcement regarding the new rewards program? Since today is the last day of club Nintendo and all.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Anyone think this will where they'll announce their E3 plans? It's two months away.

Guamu

Yeah guys, about that treehouse time...

Y3KeE0H.gif

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
You know what I would kill for? A new Batallion Wars for Wii U! The gamepad is perfect for it T_T

Yep, yep! Totally agree. My fingers are crossed that Nintendo is feeling irrational and that they contracted Headstrong Games to start making this a while ago for a 2015 (maybe early 2016) release. I wouldn't expect any major new game announcements (maybe a vague tease) from this Direct, since E3 is right around the corner. I'd love to be proven wrong though.

Ahnez

I was not expecting this

Welp the only thing I can do now is
HYPE

And there is a treehouse live too

Taker666

Mario Galaxy 3D! C'mon Nintendo, you know you want to.

A port of the first Galaxy on the 3DS would certainly make sense (seems unlikely that Nintendo would release Galaxy 2 on the eshop first ..if they didn't already have plans for Galaxy 1 elsewhere).

The only thing I'd worry about is the amount of crosstalk on the 3DS screen in 3D (lots of bright images against dark backgrounds).

Predictions:

- Splatoon release date and amiibo announcement
- Yoshi's Woolly World release date
- Xenoblade Chronicles X release window
- Star Fox trailer and release window
- New info and clips for Xenoblade Chronicles 3D and indie titles
- New title announced?
- The Great Ace Attorney localization announced (a man can dream)
- Mewtwo trailer and release date for Smash 4
- More info from their whole mobile partnership
- More Wii VC games

ChaosXVI

Ah, finally, the Nintendo hype train shall ride once more. I honestly can't predict at all what I think could be in there. They could have a really big megaton announcement, but with it being this close to E3...hard to say...but they did reveal Link Between Worlds only a month and change before E3 2013 so...maybe Metroid for 3DS?

I guess all I can say for sure: MK DLC and Mewtwo, and maybe a tease for more Smash DLC. Also Splatoon.

Yoshi and Star Fox seem like an absolutely certainty as well, but who the hell knows...I can't believe we still haven't seen an inkling of Star Fox when it's coming this year.

weekev

Banned
I have been at work all day and just got home to see there is a direct tomorrow. Please allow me to fuel this hype train into overdrive with some astute observations.

They just announced that the flagship powerhouse holiday series has been delayed to next year, timing is too close to the direct for there not to be a mega announcement for WiiU.

Youkai watch series only just got announced as being made as a European tv series, surely the game announcement is imminent.

I would eat a raw budgie if its not Splatoon that gets the Nintendo Treehouse treatment.

Colour me excited.

Edit also wouldnt be surprised if the huge holiday game is animal Crossing to go with the dlc.

Jme

Captain Toad 2 Incoming...spoiler alert?

________
____
________
____
________
________
______
__
______
____
__
____
__
____
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
____
____
__
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
__
____
____
______
______
__
______
____
______
__
__

L95

Pokemon Z incoming!

That reminds me, isn't it about time for the next pokemon game to be announced? Maybe? (I really don't have a clue, other than a vague memory of pokemon games being announced at the start of the year the last few times.)

kewlmyc

Mewtwo trailer and release date (with teaser of more DLC please)
Mario Kart 8 Isabelle and Villager DLC release date
Splatoon release date
Yearly Pokemon Game, probably X2 and Y2 or Z

These are all I'm really expecting. I want a Xenoblade Chronicles X release date, but I don't think we're getting that until E3.

Ryce

All I want is footage of Mewtwo in Smash Bros., a Mewtwo release date, and a small tease of future Smash DLC.

lt519

Mario Kart DLC is hype. I saved the first DLC so I could get both at once and enjoy Mario Kart 8 as a basically whole new game.

I would love to hear about a surprise Animal Crossing game. Don't care if it's on WiiU or 3DS, I just want more AC.
I wonder what kind of rewards program they have in store for us next. I'm anxious to hear about that as well.

Captain Toad 2 Incoming...spoiler alert?

________
____
________
____
________
________
______
__
______
____
__
____
__
____
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
____
____
____
__
__
____
__
____
__
____
__
__
____
____
______
______
__
______
____
______
__
__

I'd love to see a Captain Toad game announced for N3DS.

I'd be fantastic, as the gameplay would lend itself well, for 3D viewing.

My first Direct hype thread!

Expectations!
  • Metroid Prime 4
  • F-Zero GX 3D
  • Lol jk on the Zelda delay guys
  • Smash Season Pass
  • Dragon Quest VII 3D published by NoA/NoE
  • Unprecedented Partnership 2.0
Did I do it right?

Top Bottom