• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

You mean the thing they did once and explicitly didn't do in the exact situation last time?
I wonder if bumping Skyward Sword to Wii U launch would have helped their lot. If nothing else it would probably have had a traditional control scheme which would have helped quite a few of the complaints about the game.

I wonder if bumping Skyward Sword to Wii U launch would have helped their lot. If nothing else it would probably have had a traditional control scheme which would have helped quite a few of the complaints about the game.

And would have required a massive retooling from every point of the design.

Ito

I wish they revealed that the ZeldaU delay was some kind of early joke. Jesus, that would make Nintendo the Gods of trolling.

Other than that, my hopes are up for a new Metroid reveal. A man can dream.

cacildo

i really want more eshop stuff than big games

n64 games...
better vc prices...
themes for wiiu...
updates to the wiiu OS, miiverse...

you know, stuff you can get right after the direct.

I really dont care about "LOOK! BIG GAME that you will play two years from now"

i really want more eshop stuff than big games

n64 games...
better vc prices...
themes for wiiu...
updates to the wiiu OS, miiverse...

you know, stuff you can get right after the direct.

I really dont care about "LOOK! BIG GAME that you will play two years from now"

VC needs to be improved. I still have copies of Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG on my Wii menu on my Wii U that I got from Club Nintendo rewards that I can't play. Bring them to Wii U if you're going to give them away for free in the Wii U's life cycle!

Scrawnton

VC needs to be improved. I still have copies of Paper Mario and Super Mario RPG on my Wii menu on my Wii U that I got from Club Nintendo rewards that I can't play. Bring them to Wii U if you're going to give them away for free in the Wii U's life cycle!

if the next systems are going to be based of wii u's architecture and os, it only makes sense to get as many of these VC systems up and running on Wii U so they are readily available for the next handheld/console....

SuperSah

Banned
Direct opens up.

Sakurai announces Melee and Brawl packs for 3DS/Wii U featuring new stages, trophies, items and some other tidbits.

THEN...

Monster Hunter joins the hunt!!!!11111

Scrawnton

5 hours to go and we only have 50 pages? We can do better than that, GAF! Get the hype gifs in here ^_^

deflated nintendo hype after the mobile news?...

..this direct should bring some of it back, i was hecka-hyped after that january direct when it came to 3ds. Now I want to be hyped for Wii U....

I am surprised that no one is talking about the possibility of a new pokemon game...Is this just a wild speculation on my part, or can this actually happen?

Kouriozan

Just done what I had to do for today
= finish FF XIV story to be ready for Heavensward
, now I'm super hyped.
Let's do this!

Hmm, here's my attempt at convincing myself Mewtwo will come right after the Direct:

Japan time is 7 am, probably the masses will be going to work/class so they won't be hammering the servers until they return home for the day.

Europe/UK time is 11 pm/12 am, so the masses will likely be in bed and won't download until the morning.

US time is 3-6 pm, so this is the only region with enough people awake/available for downloading (mostly in the east, western US will still be at work/school/etc).

Again I know there are exceptions to each, but I can do enough mental gymnastics to pretend I can play as Mewtwo tonight.

Top Bottom