• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Direct: new presentation on April 1st

jmizzal

https://instagram.com/p/08KFN6sYwW/?taken-by=nintendo

"nintendo
31 minutes ago
Don’t forget to tune in today at 3 p.m. PT for a new #NintendoDirectNA! Can you guess what #amiibo we’ll be featuring? And make sure to check out a short Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of our spring 2015 releases immediately after!"

Def Splatoon in the treehouse

Maybe a new amiibo or wave 5 shown off

"nintendo
31 minutes ago
Don’t forget to tune in today at 3 p.m. PT for a new #NintendoDirectNA! Can you guess what #amiibo we’ll be featuring? And make sure to check out a short Nintendo Treehouse presentation featuring one of our spring 2015 releases immediately after!"

Limited edition amiibo amiibo.

"nintendo
31 minutes ago

They're featuring an amiibo? Splatoon amiibo or mewtwo amiibo would be my guess.

"nintendo
31 minutes ago

My guess is Splatoon Amiibo African listing was legit and we are actually getting them. Makes sense to show Splatoon since we have zero clue how Amiibos will work in it.

Servbot24

Banned
I like the effort put into that Star Fox site!

But seriously guys, no one knows what is going to be in the Direct aside from extremely close people at Nintendo. Every "leak" will be fake.

There might be genuine leaked info at random points during the year, but know one knows if it goes onto the Direct. So if something just so happens to "leak" right now, it's pretty much guaranteed fake.

jmizzal

So the Direct very broadly states "Wii U and 3DS games".....They usually say "Winter, Spring or Summer to be more specific, so is it safe to assume we could see some exciting 2016 stuff?
I do not believe the Zelda delay or "no-e3" stuff was a prank, but could they show a Zelda U trailer today? They most definitely filmed that Aonuma segment for the direct but then separated it and released it early....Do you think a trailer could have been paired with it? separating it would have caused people to speak out their anguish and then a few days later, a trailer is released to make them talk about something else!

I want to believe.

Its possible they are gonna show a trailer now, and then dont show it at E3 so it wont over shadow other stuff and then show it more at a ND later in the year

"nintendo
31 minutes ago

I REALLY hope it's not just Splatoon they're showing off. I'm as excited for the game as everyone else, but i'm at that point where I don't need to see anymore footage and I just want the game to come out.

...it's gonna be nothing but Splatoon...

(mat)

That Starfox site was convincing! Curious what this line in the code was about though:

Code:
<meta property="og:site_name" content="Official Site - The Wonderful 101 for Wii U">

Template taken from the Wonderful 101 website? Forgot to add in the Starfox part?

A la the Mario and Luigu games? Yes please!!

Luigu for Smash 5.

L95

So the Direct very broadly states "Wii U and 3DS games".....They usually say "Winter, Spring or Summer to be more specific, so is it safe to assume we could see some exciting 2016 stuff?

The JP direct specifically mentions summer, it's possible the english one doesn't because some of JP's summer stuff is 2016 elsewhere?

jmizzal

I REALLY hope it's not just Splatoon they're showing off. I'm as excited for the game as everyone else, but i'm at that point where I don't need to see anymore footage and I just want the game to come out.

Hopefully its something we havent seen like local co-op from Splatoon

DJIzana

I hope it's not either but this Direct seems like it implies more than just one title.

I like how Nintendo is wanting to make a new IP and expand on that and certainly want them to keep doing that but... for me? Splatoon just doesn't really interest me. I hope it still sells really well though!

TreIII

The JP direct specifically mentions summer, it's possible the english one doesn't because some of JP's summer stuff is 2016 elsewhere?

That would certainly make sense for at least the sake of games like Fire Emblem: If.

Though, I'm hoping that game can still make Winter 2015, assuming localization is going on concurrently with development of the JP version...

AdanVC

Wario & Waluigi Partners in Crime 3Ds

please Nintendo

omg yessssssssssss. Even if I love Mario and Luigi so much, I'm starting to get bored of watching them starring every single game. Time to shake things up a bit and make a game with the other awesome duo that is Wario and Waluigi. They have the best tracks in MK games.

Kouriozan

"nintendo
31 minutes ago

Scalpers are already drooling :p

Literally the only thing I want out of this direct is more info on the Animal Crossing DLC pack for Mario Kart 8, it's out in May and yet we know nothing about any of the vehicles or 7 out of the 8 tracks.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
So I'm guessing @ this point it's too late to hope for a Wii U iteration of Animal Crossing to be announced?

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
5 hours to go and we only have 50 pages? We can do better than that, GAF! Get the hype gifs in here ^_^

ib1GVd8H2X75mT.gif

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
So I'm guessing @ this point it's too late to hope for a Wii U iteration of Animal Crossing to be announced?

You aren't going to get those kind of announcements today, they will be at E3.

At best any 'new' software announcements will be eShop titles or DLC.

Top Bottom