• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2015

PetrCobra

What do you mean "fucked it up"? The game themselves? No, they're excellent and I think each game in the original trilogy gets better than the one before. The ports? There's not much they could fuck up. These are GBA games ported to DS now ported to 3DS. The only real difference is the graphics now have 3D effect and the sprites were updated to the original art (with all the animations, unlike the iOS ports, I think). It looks pretty nice, despite what some might say. Go to it's Miiverse Community and check out some screenshots if you want to see what it looks like in 3D.

Well I was worried about the ports, sometimes they don't end up too well. Only played the first game on the old DS. Thanks for reassuring me, I'll buy the trilogy now.

TheMoon

So about that "omg it's so dark and grey" filter stuff...

wiiu_screenshot_tv_01sbalx.jpg

wrwiiuc2uip.jpg

wrwiiu350u65.jpg

Don't let direct-feed screens scare you away from N64 VC. They are darker than what's actually on your TV. I know it doesn't really come across in the photos either but white looks white on my TV.

Yes!

I just bought breakfast and a snack for lunch and the total came to $10.80.

I thought to myself, I really need to boot up Wii mode and play 1080 Snowboarding today, looks like I'll be upgrading instead.

KingWool

Banned
So about that "omg it's so dark and grey" filter stuff...

Don't let direct-feed screens scare you away from N64 VC. They are darker than what's actually on your TV. I know it doesn't really come across in the photos either but white looks white on my TV.

Anywhere to see direct feed? Those screenshots are dark as hell

TheMoon

Anywhere to see direct feed? Those screenshots are dark as hell

Thefirst one is a direct feed screenshot. The other two are photographs. The photos are brighter but they actually don't accurately capture how much brighter it looks on my TV compared against the direct-feed shot.

In short: N64 games don't look as dark and grey on your TV as they do on those direct feed shots.

edit: maybe I should turn off f.lux before looking at stuff :p ...they don't look as terrible on PC anymore if I turn that off for obvious reasons lol. So I guess ignore me? Either way, Wave Race looks completely fine when I'm playing it. Zero reason not to buy.

zroid

Banned
Yes!

I just bought breakfast and a snack for lunch and the total came to $10.80.

I thought to myself, I really need to boot up Wii mode and play 1080 Snowboarding today, looks like I'll be upgrading instead.

Maybe I'll have Alpha-Bits cereal next Thursday for breakfast, and only eat the letters S, M, R, P, and G...

maxcriden

Because Europe didn't get Molly Maggot.

NintendoNews.com must feel this was not a fair trade:

Molly Maggot is a difficult game, but for all the wrong reasons. It’s just a terrible experience, and I cringed every time I played. It’s an unfinished experiment — an abomination that lacks even the most basic concepts and functions. From broken controls to boring level design to sloppy execution, Molly Maggot was an utter displeasure. Not once did I feel like I was having fun. I’ve happily tucked this indie game inside the “bad” folder on my Wii U HOME Menu. If you’re still curious and chomping at the bit to play, you can purchase it for $1.99 on the Wii U eShop in North America starting on December 31, 2015.

They gave it 1/5 stars.

http://nintendonews.com/reviews/molly-maggot-review-wii-u-eshop/

tolkir

Year finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Santa Factory is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 6.
  • Runbow is 25 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $11.25) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
  • Blocky Bot and Paper Monsters Recut are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.
  • Maximum Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 1.

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Real Heroes Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
  • Nano Assault EX is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.
  • Castle Conqueror Defender, Demon King Box and more games from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.
  • Puzzler World 2013, Atlantic Quest and more from Maximum Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 1.
  • Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest, Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay and more games from GameMill Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 8.

vYU92.png

• 1080° Snowboarding (Nintendo | N64 *US Version* | €9.99 | £8.99 or €4.99 | £4.49 until 01/07 if you downloaded Wave Race 64)
  • Wave Race 64 (Nintendo | N64 *US Version* | €9.99 | £8.99 or €4.99 | £4.49 until 01/07 if you downloaded 1080° Snowboarding)
    TM_WiiVC_1080Snowboarding_search_thumb.png
    TM_N64_WaveRace64_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• 99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49 (Ends January 28, normally €2.49)
  • Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49 (Ends January 28, normally €1.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99 (Ends January 14, normally €9.99)
  • Castle Conqueror Defender (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.49 (Ends January 21, normally €4.99)
  • Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 21, normally €3.99)
  • Demon King Box (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 21, normally €3.99)
  • European Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 21, normally €3.99)
  • Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49 (Ends January 21, normally €9.99)
  • Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99 (Ends January 21, normally €2.99)
  • Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99 (Ends January 28, normally €2.99)

uxwGK.png

jholmes

I'm not really one to complain about this, but this week sucks in North America.

Maybe if I upgrade 1080 it'll convince Nintendo to make a sequel to Avalanche. Hmm...

All this talk of 1080 reminds of what happened to the original N64 release in Europe where it was alleged to be put on ice (*groan*) for 6 months due to Spring/Summer not being a good time to release a snowboarding game.

I can't remember if that was one of those games where Australia got an English only PAL version months before Europe (as those were the days when Australia was considered important enough for that, I guess...wait wasn't Shibata working there then) but lack of online retailers was a issue when it came to importing anyway.

PtM

Banned
All this talk of 1080 reminds of what happened to the original N64 release in Europe where it was alleged to be put on ice (*groan*) for 6 months due to Spring/Summer not being a good time to release a snowboarding game.

I can't remember if that was one of those games where Australia got an English only PAL version months before Europe (as those were the days when Australia was considered important enough for that, I guess...wait wasn't Shibata working there then) but lack of online retailers was a issue when it came to importing anyway.
Australia is on the Southern Hemisphere.

If there is anybody here with a Japanese Wii U who has downloaded SMBA 4, can you confirm if they included every single one of the e-levels including the ultra rare e-level "Mad Dash" which was a comic store exclusive e-card in Japan (and is the only level which still hasn't been ripped)? It's a super short running level. Also are the e-card item functions included in the Virtual Console version?

Anyone have a code for the Famicom theme that comes with Ultimate NES Remix for 3DS? I'd like one if someone won't use theirs, the code expires today.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Maybe 2016 will be the year of downloadable GCN games!!

.........maybe...........we got Wii downloads......

TheMoon

Maybe 2016 will be the year of downloadable GCN games!!

.........maybe...........we got Wii downloads......

We got Wii downloads because it uses the native BC already available in the system and the controllers are natively supported as well. Neither of those are the case for GCN. And don't you dare bring up the Smash adapter :)

maxcriden

Just like with Wii and the U, RITE?

With that particular console gen they had to build a much more robust emulator from one to the next, including save states. I believe Nintendo has already said that they are designing current VC to be folded into future architecture.

Top Bottom