• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2015

Robin64

To be fair, there are very few 50hz games on the eShop. It's just annoying because some of the absolute best titles, including my personal all-time top game Super Metroid, are in that club.

Zeeman

Man, I'm intrigued by Steamworld Heist but it's $22 in Canada (pre-tax, so close to $25 all told), which is a little steep

TheMoon

Will my old Wii work on a flat screen HDTV? Also do they sell eshop cards for the regular Wii?

No, those 100 million people all still owned tube TVs :)

If you're in Europe, the eShop cards can be cashed in on the Wii Shop, too. I don't think that's true for the NA equivalents. And you won't find Wii / Nintendo Points Cards in shops anymore anywhere.

No, those 100 million people all still owned tube TVs :)

If you're in Europe, the eShop cards can be cashed in on the Wii Shop, too. I don't think that's true for the NA equivalents. And you won't find Wii / Nintendo Points Cards in shops anymore anywhere.

I'm in California. I don't have a credit card so I'll have to ask my mom or dad. I want to try Mega Man 9 & 10. We just moved, so all my disc games are in storage.

maxcriden

I'm in California. I don't have a credit card so I'll have to ask my mom or dad. I want to try Mega Man 9 & 10. We just moved, so all my disc games are in storage.

I think they're on PSN also if you have a PS3.

BTW, if you're over the age of 18 or living independently I strongly recommend you consider getting a credit card. Keep a reasonably low balance, pay it off every month, and you'll build credit and get some cool cash back rewards. Just some food for thought. 😊

I think they're on PSN also if you have a PS3.

BTW, if you're over the age of 18 or living independently I strongly recommend you consider getting a credit card. Keep a reasonably low balance, pay it off every month, and you'll build credit and get some cool cash back rewards. Just some food for thought. 😊

I do have a PS3 if it didn't get lost in the move. But the Wii is here with me now, so if I can set it up I should be able to use it.. I have Super Mario Bros 3 and Super Metroid on it.

My parents took away my credit cards when I started living in treatment centers 3 years ago. First in Vermont, now in California. It kind of sucks but it's my own fault for being psychotic.

And I'm almost 29. But have never kept a real job for more than a few months.

(Cross-over from the mental health thread, hehe.)

Pokemaniac

I just clicked around on the support site but couldn't really find the info.

If you can still find one of the "Wii Points" or "Nintendo Points" branded cards, those would work on a Wii. The Wii and DSi currency system is completely separate from the Wii U and 3DS one, so anything that says "eShop" on it won't work.

If you can still find one of the "Wii Points" or "Nintendo Points" branded cards, those would work on a Wii. The Wii and DSi currency system is completely separate from the Wii U and 3DS one, so anything that says "eShop" on it won't work.

I haven't seen any of those around. I buy my eShop cards from a 7-11.

My housemate uses the TV a lot anyway. I might not even set up the Wii until I move out.

Pokemaniac

I haven't seen any of those around. I buy my eShop cards from a 7-11.

My housemate uses the TV a lot anyway. I might not even set up the Wii until I move out.

You're probably not going to find any Wii Points cards in actual stores. You could probably find some online if you look hard enough, but, at that point, you're better off just buying Wii Points directly with a credit card.

You're probably not going to find any Wii Points cards in actual stores. You could probably find some online if you look hard enough, but, at that point, you're better off just buying Wii Points directly with a credit card.

Oh okay. Even Amazon.com says they're currently unavailable.

Refyref

I think I might have some unused Wii points cards somewhere at home, if you can't manage to find any. Not sure where they are, though.

GRW810

Wish it was Tappingo 2 on sale rather than the first game, which I already have. Not that it's costly at full price.

zroid

Banned
aren't you in Canada though ... I hear everything is opposite there.
heh ironically I think Wii Points cards, unlike other currency cards, actually are the same across both US and Canada

so I could get somebody from the states 2000 Wii Points for $20 Cdn potentially... that's like what, $15 US now?

maxcriden

heh ironically I think Wii Points cards, unlike other currency cards, actually are the same across both US and Canada

so I could get somebody from the states 2000 Wii Points for $20 Cdn potentially... that's like what, $15 US now?

Yes that's me. I want that. Please. I'll PM you.

jholmes

I used to buy US points cards because the dollar was even and they were still being sold in Canada for $25 so yes, it does work. (Also there's a great example why us Canadians are so uptight about keeping pricing fair, our cards were an extra $5 for no reason.)

Hope the US gets Mario RPG soon.

Also, I heard it was good, but never played it---Super Princess Peach. That'd be nice to have on the eShop.

jholmes

Also, I heard it was good, but never played it---Super Princess Peach. That'd be nice to have on the eShop.

This is like the perfect eShop game -- positively reviewed, notable but vastly overlooked, not interesting enough to buy when it was new, not good enough to pay the cost for a physical copy today.

My GF loves Super Princess Peach and every day wakes up wishing for a sequel.

I love the game too! But her love for it is of the scale.

I think she would really enjoy playing it again on the TV, just for an excuse to play it again heh. I hope they do it soon.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Nintendo sure is keeping tomorrow's games a secret, since they're still not listed on their official site. Maybe being the final eShop update of the year, they wanna go out of 2015 with a bang?

steveovig

Nintendo sure is keeping tomorrow's games a secret, since they're still not listed on their official site. Maybe being the final eShop update of the year, they wanna go out of 2015 with a bang?

Mother 3 right? Or maybe Zero Mission? Or both?

Ondore

Preeeeeetty sure they're just on a holiday break, guys. I'm expecting one VC game and Molly Maggot tomorrow and that's it.

I'll remind folks here also; the Famicom theme codes that come with Ultimate NES Remix on 3DS expire tomorrow.

They're on your eShop receipts if you bought it digitally, and on the other side of the box sleeve on the left side.

Similarly, tomorrow is the last day to get a free theme with Steamworld Heist. Not sure if/when the code expires.

guys... is the Ace Attorney Trilogy good? Haven't they fucked it up?
What do you mean "fucked it up"? The game themselves? No, they're excellent and I think each game in the original trilogy gets better than the one before. The ports? There's not much they could fuck up. These are GBA games ported to DS now ported to 3DS. The only real difference is the graphics now have 3D effect and the sprites were updated to the original art (with all the animations, unlike the iOS ports, I think). It looks pretty nice, despite what some might say. Go to it's Miiverse Community and check out some screenshots if you want to see what it looks like in 3D.

RedToad64

Still no leaks on tomorrow's games, huh? I'm betting on either Mario Kart 64 or Super Mario RPG.

Just a guess based on recent releases in other territories.

TheMoon

Wonder if tomorrow's game will be like Earthbound with the big press release and such. A guy can hope.

lol

Guys, the world does not revolve around NA. If there were a big game, it would be out everywhere. And definitely not on a Holiday. Stop with the crazy.

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U
1080o Snowboarding – Get ready to experience one of the first realistic snowboarding games ever created! In this Nintendo 64 classic, select from five characters, each with his or her own attributes and special tricks. Pick a snowboard that best suits your rider, and then head down the mountain and feel the sensation of speed that’ll make you forget all about the cold.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS
Puzzler World 2013 (Nintendo 3DS), Atlantic Quest (Nintendo 3DS) and more from Maximum Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 1.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U
Runbow is 25 percent off (reduced from $14.99 to $11.25) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
Santa Factory is more than 65 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $2.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 6.
Blocky Bot and Paper Monsters Recut are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS
Nano Assault EX is 25 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $7.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.
Real Heroes Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 14.
Castle Conqueror Defender, Demon King Box and more games from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Jan. 21.
Disney Frozen: Olaf’s Quest, Big Hero 6: Battle in the Bay and more games from GameMill Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on Feb. 8.

Activities:

Tips for your new Nintendo system: Did you get a new Nintendo system for the holidays? Make sure to get the most of your new system by playing games featuring your favorite Nintendo characters. Check out our top tips for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS!

Also new this week:

Molly Maggot (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)

Top Bottom