• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - December 2015

Refyref

If you hate it you can delete it :D

If you don't have enough, you can't buy it. :p
I've hit that problem multiple times recently. Ordered a 64GB card, which will help for a while, but I think I'll fill that one pretty fast, considering I'm upgrading from 32GB.

I'm using a 16 GB sd card in my OG 3DS currently. It's pretty full, so I don't really download retail games digitally although I have about 4 of them.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
If you don't have enough, you can't buy it. :p
I've hit that problem multiple times recently. Ordered a 64GB card, which will help for a while, but I think I'll fill that one pretty fast, considering I'm upgrading from 32GB.

I'm on 128 myself and I don't see filling it up before hitting the app limit. It's possible if you went retail only with no apps, demos, or VC games.

yeah i definitely see the appeal
also, man, wish i could gift you a copy, so dumb that's not implemented, yet :/
Oh, hey, thanks a lot for saying that! But don't worry, man. And yeah, it's incredible that there's no way to gift games from the eShop yet. Maybe when the complete web version finally opens? But even then, living in different regions would probably mean we still couldn't do it ^^u

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Doesn't buying certain games via Nintendo.com just give you a code? You could get the code & give it to someone.

Edit: Yeah, I just tried buying Trauma Team & it said it can either be sent to your system or via a code. In fact, from their FAQ:

Can I give a game to someone else?

Yes. Once you complete your purchase, we'll send you an email confirmation with a download code for the game. (For pre-orders, we'll send you the download code on the day the game is released.) The download code can only be used once, but anyone can redeem it. If the game is a gift for someone else, provide them with the download code so that they can redeem the game on their system.
It's not ALL games, granted, but a good amount.

TheMoon

Doesn't buying certain games via Nintendo.com just give you a code? You could get the code & give it to someone.

Edit: Yeah, I just tried buying Trauma Team & it said it can either be sent to your system or via a code. In fact, from their FAQ:

It's not ALL games, granted, but a good amount.

But we're talking about a European eShop game from the EU sale among EU users :)

Nintendo.com has nothing to do with us^^

Dee Dee

I went ahead and grabbed Dual Destinies on sale even though I still need to finish up the first game and both of the other games in Trilogy.

What's the status on the Ace Attorney series looking like right now? What I mean is, what are the odds of getting the games that take place between Trilogy and Dual Destinies on Wii U VC, or should I be trying to track down DS carts?

Late reply! To chime in, between the original trilogy and Dual Destinies you are only missing Apollo Justice and the two "Investigations" spin-offs, of whom the second game never left Japan anyway. I got both those DS carts off of Amazon marketplace for a reasonable price (less than 20 bucks), but I am not finicky about the state of the casing or included manuals - both games might be kinda expensive if you hunt for unopened copies - both sold badly, so not a lot of those are still around.

You should find out if they are worth it to you by playing the trilogy!

Apart from that, both games are a bit different than the originals, especially "Investigations" - there will be people that agree that you can just skip them and don't miss out on much. Personally, I enjoyed Apollo Justice a lot, but I guess it's your call.

If you really get into the series, you probably don't want to wait until they show up on VC!

On another note: progressing in Pokémon Picross without paying is impossible. Whoa. What the hell. It's shameful.
There's some achievements that are impossible without literally looking up the puzzle solution to solve it in less then a minute.

I wanted this to be good...

Orgen

On another note: progressing in Pokémon Picross without paying is impossible. Whoa. What the hell. It's shameful.
There's some achievements that are impossible without literally looking up the puzzle solution to solve it in less then a minute.

Yep, the progress (without paying) in Pokemon Picross is almost imposible. It'll take a year to get the 100% :|

But the "less than a minute" achievements? Bring Mew or Celebi and use the ability to make things easier ;D

Camjo-Z

I don't know that it's shameful exactly, but they really should have made it more clear that spending Picrites on anything but new areas will basically halt progression very early on.

Apart from that, both games are a bit different than the originals, especially "Investigations" - there will be people that agree that you can just skip them and don't miss out on much. Personally, I enjoyed Apollo Justice a lot, but I guess it's your call.
Yeah, there's a lot of people out there who are just plain wrong... All three games are great!

I'm sorry, it's "not good" and "shameful" in comparison to what games? To the vast majority of other games that don't let you play at all without paying? Playing any of the other Picross games at all without paying IS impossible, so wouldn't that make this the best Picross if that's what's you're using to measure the games?

Think of this one as a pretty hefty demo that even lets you keep playing if you're patient enough. "Free to Start" is a very apt name for these kinds of games. I'm glad I got to play some Picross for free and that I still get to play a bit more from time to time, and I know that I don't really have the right to play all of it because I haven't payed.

TheMoon

Apparently so :)

YES!

############

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

1080° Snowboarding (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99 (€4.99 if you downloaded Wave Race 64. Offer ends January 7.)
Prepare to experience the thrills and chills of the ultimate extreme sport in 1080°Snowboarding. This Nintendo 64 classic offers one of the most accurate yet accessible snowboarding simulations around – all from the warmth of your living room! The precise controls allow this game to highlight the depth and thrill of snowboarding on steep, dangerous slopes from the comfort of your home. There are eight tracks to master, with some modes dedicated to snowboard races, while other modes focus on performing impressive tricks, including the famous "1080°" spin. If you own this title on your Wii, perform a system transfer from your Wii to your Wii U to receive a special upgrade price. This is the US version of the game.

Wave Race 64 (Nintendo, N64 VC) - €9.99 (€4.99 if you downloaded 1080° Snowboarding. Offer ends January 7.)
Ride your Kawasaki jet ski to victory against fierce rivals and tumultuous waves. This is one of the defining racing games of the Nintendo 64 as its impressive physics showed a new kind of experience that could only be possible with 3D game engines. Even today, its original take on racing, with buoys to pass from either their right or left side and a power-up system rewarding skilful racers, remains a fun and fresh challenge to enjoy by yourself or with a friend. If you own this title on your Wii, perform a system transfer from your Wii to your Wii U to receive a special upgrade price. This is the US version of the game.

Special offers
99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49 (Ends January 28, normally €2.49)
Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49 (Ends January 28, normally €1.99)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

Story of Seasons (Nintendo) - €39.99
Feeling a bit bored with the monotony of life, you come across an intriguing offer on a flyer: Oak Tree Town is seeking fresh young faces to become farmers and help to bring new energy to local trade! It’s a small town, but it promises a life filled with rewarding work and valuable new relationships. Arriving at the town, you begin to learn farming life from the kind and welcoming townsfolk, picking up new skills every day. Growing crops, caring for livestock, developing your farm, shipping crops to other countries, and even looking after pets all provide exciting new experiences a million miles apart from anything before! Can you make it as a farmer, and give something back to this new town that has warmly welcomed you into its community? What kinds of exciting experiences and fun lessons await?

Special offers
Castle Conqueror Defender (CIRCLE Ent.) - €3.49 (Ends January 21, normally €4.99)
Castle Conqueror EX (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 21, normally €3.99)
Demon King Box (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 21, normally €3.99)
European Conqueror 3D (CIRCLE Ent.) - €2.99 (Ends January 21, normally €3.99)
Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99 (Ends January 28, normally €2.99)
Nano Assault EX (Shin'en Multimedia) - €7.49 (Ends January 21, normally €9.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99 (Ends January 14, normally €9.99)
Tappingo (CIRCLE Ent.) - €1.99 (Ends January 21, normally €2.99)

Richie

I'm bitter we didn't get Super Mario Galaxy. But it's great that we get the US version of Wave Race & 1080.

Heh, the grass is always greener. No Galaxy for you fellows, but you DO have more Wii games than anyone else IIRC. Eh, we'll just have to wait.

TheMoon

Hmm, seems a bit bare this week (as awesome as 1080 and Wave Race are). Surprise direct incoming!?

lol if only.

Remember that's it's the week between Christmas and New Year ...that should tell you why it's bare. Who releases games now? Nobody. :)

TheMoon

Other stuff for January 7, 2016 in Europe:

Wii U:
Canvaleon (9,95€) [OXiAB Game Studio] (Germany only, it's been out in the rest of EU since July 23, 2015!) - Platformer/Stealth, draw your own camo with the GamePad
PictoParty (7,99€) [Retroid Interactive] - Party game for up to 24 players oO
Temple of YOG (5,99€) [CHUDCHUD Ind.] - RPG/Action/Puzzle with dual-screen gameplay that shifts between TV and GamePad
New Super Mario Bros. Wii (19,99€) (only needs 647,4MB lol)

3DS:
RV-7: MY Drone (1,99€) [EnjoyUp Games] - 3D Shoot 'em Up

also:
Shadow Puppeteer hits the EU Wii U eShop on January 21, 2016
https://twitter.com/TheBC97/status/681436802146824193
(14,99€) [Snow Cannon Games] - Adventure, with 2 player co-op, apparently won the Indie Prize Director's Choice Award 2015

Dee Dee

<3 Wave Race! What a nice surprise. Will be that and Story of Seasons for me.

I'm sorry, it's "not good" and "shameful" in comparison to what games? To the vast majority of other games that don't let you play at all without paying? Playing any of the other Picross games at all without paying IS impossible, so wouldn't that make this the best Picross if that's what's you're using to measure the games?

Think of this one as a pretty hefty demo that even lets you keep playing if you're patient enough. "Free to Start" is a very apt name for these kinds of games. I'm glad I got to play some Picross for free and that I still get to play a bit more from time to time, and I know that I don't really have the right to play all of it because I haven't payed.

I'll take the accusation of being stingy and say that I have played quite a number of F2P games, with and without dropping money on them. My issue with Pokémon Picross comes from the fact that the daily challenge gives a ridiculous low amount of Picroit, and there is absolutely nothing but just buy them to do otherwise for days. Even in Pokémon Shuffle you could revisit older stages for more coins or try a different daily challenge every day if you were stuck at a paywall. There was a way to play the game. In Pokémon Picross there is not.
Other games would allow people that are good or simply persistent at farming ingame currency to eventually pass a paywall - in much less tedious way than Pokémon Picross does.

The game is not an attractive F2P game. If anything, it's an okay Picross game, that is very overpriced (wasn't it like 60$ to unlock everything? For a Picross game!). I say "shameful" because I think it is a real shame.

foltzie1

<3 Wave Race! What a nice surprise. Will be that and Story of Seasons for me.

I'll take the accusation of being stingy and say that I have played quite a number of F2P games, with and without dropping money on them. My issue with Pokémon Picross comes from the fact that the daily challenge gives a ridiculous low amount of Picroit, and there is absolutely nothing but just buy them to do otherwise for days. Even in Pokémon Shuffle you could revisit older stages for more coins or try a different daily challenge every day if you were stuck at a paywall. There was a way to play the game. In Pokémon Picross there is not.
Other games would allow people that are good or simply persistent at farming ingame currency to eventually pass a paywall - in much less tedious way than Pokémon Picross does.

The game is not an attractive F2P game. If anything, it's an okay Picross game, that is very overpriced (wasn't it like 60$ to unlock everything? For a Picross game!). I say "shameful" because I think it is a real shame.

~$30 to unlock everything and you can replay previous stages if you like.

Neifirst

I have never been as jealous of NoE customers as I am now. I love love love love Nintendo racers and would be so happy to play 1080 and (especially) Wave Race on the GamePad.

tmarg

~$30 to unlock everything and you can replay previous stages if you like.

You can replay stages, but earning currency from them is tied to challenges for each stage that can only be completed once. After that, replaying does not help with progression at all.

Theoretically, the way it's set up will eventually force you to either grind 10+ days worth of daily challenges to unlock the next set of puzzles, or pay money. Granted, if you spend your picrites wisely that would take a pretty long time, but if you repeatedly blow them on refilling the energy bar you could reach that point rather quickly.

maxcriden

It's so dark ;___;

1080-snowboarding-656x369.jpg

6-7qIzB06.jpg

http://nintendoeverything.com/screenshots-of-this-weeks-european-nintendo-downloads-12312015/

Top Bottom