• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

Pokemaniac

So it's like a Mario RPG? That sounds like a good thing!

No, it's not like that. In Child of Light, instead of turns, there's a timeline on the screen which all of the player and enemy icons move through at various paces. You attack when you get to a certain part of the line, and there are several mechanics that involve stuff interacting while on certain parts of the timeline, like attacks being interrupted, and stuff.

It's fairly interesting in its own right, but it's nothing like a Mario RPG.
Unfortunately it wasn't interesting enough to keep me from getting bored of the game.

donny2112

No, it's not like that. In Child of Light, instead of turns, there's a timeline on the screen which all of the player and enemy icons move through at various paces. You attack when you get to a certain part of the line, and there are several mechanics that involve stuff interacting while on certain parts of the timeline, like attacks being interrupted, and stuff.

Seems like the Zeboyd Games RPG battle mechanic from Breath of Death VII and the later Penny-Arcade games.

JoeM86

Japan is getting a Yoshi theme in August

1x1q2TI.jpg

Anyone notice the Wii U VC version of Ocarina of Time has some weird sound mixing issue? The sound effects are much louder than the music. It's sort of annoying. Makes it hard to enjoy the soundtrack while playing.

zigg

cacildo

Should i?

$15?

Its a good price, and there´s quite some time since ive played any game with guns in it....

But i also got away from the Playstations and Xboxes because i was tired of how the "games with guns in it" were all the same...

TheMoon

Should i?

$15?

Its a good price, and there´s quite some time since ive played any game with guns in it....

But i also got away from the Playstations and Xboxes because i was tired of how the "games with guns in it" were all the same...

Yes. Blacklist is a return to form for Splinter Cell and features some really cool GamePad integration. Just a bummer that the Wii U version doesn't have local co-op, only online. You can ghost through the game if you don't want to shoot anyone.

vall03

Just saw the Ubisoft sale. Thinking of getting ZombiU so I don't have to use the disc anymore. As for Child of Light, is it fine to get it on Wii U? I have all platforms the game is on except for Xbox One and there are almost no differences right? What about performance?

TheMoon

Just saw the Ubisoft sale. Thinking of getting ZombiU so I don't have to use the disc anymore. As for Child of Light, is it fine to get it on Wii U? I have all platforms the game is on except for Xbox One and there are almost no differences right? What about performance?

On Wii U you can leave messages in the world. It also has co-op but I believe that's in all versions.

Ladekabel

Only difference is resolution which is 720p on Wii U and 1080p on PC/PS4/Xbone. It offers OffTV-Play and you can control the firefly with the touchscreen of the gamepad.

Morts

I bought Rayman 3D the last time it was on sale at that price and thought it was an excellent version of the game. Looked and performed great on the N3DSXL.

The 3DS version of Origins is crap though.

Camjo-Z

I bought Rayman 3D the last time it was on sale at that price and thought it was an excellent version of the game. Looked and performed great on the N3DSXL.

Don't know if the N3DSXL makes a difference but it's worth noting that it has some pretty blatant ghosting issues when playing in 3D. If you don't care about that though then it's definitely a serviceable port.

cacildo

Yes. Blacklist is a return to form for Splinter Cell and features some really cool GamePad integration. Just a bummer that the Wii U version doesn't have local co-op, only online. You can ghost through the game if you don't want to shoot anyone.

But Watch Dogs also has a nice price

Splinter cell or Watch dogs???

Xenoboy

I'll also vouch for Splinter Cell. Game is quite fun and playing it missions mutliplayer online wasn't a big problem last year for me. I got matched in max 2 minutes.

GulAtiCa

I actually like Watch Dogs. Granted on PS4, so no idea how Wii U plays. But I enjoyed it. Mainly for messing around. The invasion multiplayer was awesome

TheMoon

I actually like Watch Dogs. Granted on PS4, so no idea how Wii U plays. But I enjoyed it. Mainly for messing around. The invasion multiplayer was awesome

Not saying it doesn't have its merits, just that SC Blacklist is a much better game overall. :)

Robin64

I just realised, I'm out of (realistic) demands at this point. Some Square games would be nice, but I ain't really bothered either way.

also

Banned
Just a reminder that the Epic Indie sale (Wii U) ends tomorrow (Thursday) when the eShop updates; 9 a.m. PT for NA and 16.00 GMT for EU.
HJaWpR2.jpg

I really recommend Shantae. Extremely fanservicey character design aside, it's a good action platformer with some backtracking and light puzzle solving. The pixel art is nice, the controls good and it has just the right amount of challenge, though it can be made really easy if you overstock on items. The story is extremely silly and there are some funny moments.
It took me 12 hours to get all the optional items and now I'm trying to finish it in under 2 hours to unlock the final bonus background.

steveovig

All those months where I wanted a sale for Shantae and I never got one. Finally, we got a good sale on it and I don't have the money or time to play it.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Just helped the boy child spend his $20 eshop card mommy hooked him up with. He wanted Cube 3d so he got that.

He used the rest of his cash on Xeodrifter and the Splatoon Theme. That Splatoon Theme is hella based.

kwheaties

Just a reminder that the Epic Indie sale (Wii U) ends tomorrow (Thursday) when the eShop updates; 9 a.m. PT for NA and 16.00 GMT for EU.
HJaWpR2.jpg

I really recommend Shantae. Extremely fanservicey character design aside, it's a good action platformer with some backtracking and light puzzle solving. The pixel art is nice, the controls good and it has just the right amount of challenge, though it can be made really easy if you overstock on items. The story is extremely silly and there are some funny moments.
It took me 12 hours to get all the optional items and now I'm trying to finish it in under 2 hours to unlock the final bonus background.

3DS Epic Indie Sale tomorrow... come on Nintendo!!

JavyOO7

More people need to jump on that Runner 2 train. Too good. Too stronk. Too godlike. No regrets buying it day 1 on WiiU last year, either.

Xenoboy

People really like Runner 2?
I thought it sucked, and I mean it. Probably my biggest regret last year.
And who thought it was a good idea to play the same level 3 times and getting a bulls-eye 3 times in the same level. That person sucks.

Vanillalite

And who thought it was a good idea to play the same level 3 times and getting a bulls-eye 3 times in the same level. That person sucks.

It's not amazing, but my kids like it. :p

jholmes

I really resisted getting it when it was new but I got it in the Humble Bundle, was bored and thought I'd give it a shot, and really had fun.

I wouldn't want to try to unlock everything in the game though, forget that.

mstevens

I know this has been said a million times, but there are so many VC games I would buy if they would just release them..... No interested in DK Jungle Climb so I guess I have to wait another week in hopes that the one game they release will be a good one. Ugh.

Simbabbad

Indeed.

The game can only pretend to be good if you don't know the original Runner. Runner 2 is full of filler, levels that look exactly like each other, with nothing creative or relevant done with the music. The canon also completely breaks the scoring element since your whole performance depends on it, and it sucks. It's like in Super Meat Boy you get an A+ after an hour trying but you first have to play a roulette to validate your score. Such a stupid decision.

cacildo

Not saying it doesn't have its merits, just that SC Blacklist is a much better game overall. :)

I do believe that Splinter Cell is a better game out of the two...

But I also enjoy open world games a lot more than stealth games... I don't like stealth games a lot...

But I went looking for Watch Dogs videos and oh my god here we go again long boring story cutscenes boring missions tail missions GRITTY PROTAGONIST deep voice oh god no

How I wish every open world game was Just Cause 2.... just explosions everywhere

L~A

North America:

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

3D Streets of Rage 2 – The sequel to the original rumbler is back and re-mastered in 3D. Slam the asphalt with bigger, better and totally devastating attacks. Use secret weapons to bash your way through gangs of bikers to rescue your friend and defeat Mr. X. Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS XL

The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth – Rebirth is a remake and expansion of The Binding of Isaac – now with new playable characters, enemies and bosses, and more than 110 new items. Available on both Wii U and New Nintendo 3DS XL, this totally retooled and greatly expanded version of the game also features new graphics rendered in a semi-16-bit style.

Virtual Console on Wii U

DK Jungle Climber – King K. Rool is up to no good again, and it’s up to Donkey Kong to swing into action. This Nintendo DS platformer uses a simple control scheme that makes the game fun and easy to play – players of all skill levels can swing and climb to new heights.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Shantae and the Pirate’s Curse (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) and Mighty Switch Force! 2 (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) from Wayforward are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on July 26 until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 2.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Midnight is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 6.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor 2: Record Breaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $49.99 to $39.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 27.
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $9.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on Aug. 6.

Theme Shop on Nintendo 3DS:

New themes this week include:

Etrian Odyssey Untold 2: Café Theme
Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX
BOXBOY!: Qbby & Friends by Starlight

Also new this week:

Dragon Fantasy: The Volumes of Westeria (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS and Wii U)
Canvaleon (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Legend of Kay Anniversary (Nintendo eShop on Wii U) – Available July 28
The Quiet Collection (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Epic Word Search Collection (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Fantasy Pirates (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
I Love My Cats (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh hey a Boxboy theme. Kind of wish the Miku theme was a bonus for buying the game.

Wonder how much Pirate's Curse will be on 3DS. Wouldn't mind a new (cheap) game to try on my New 3DS XL considering I've only been playing Pokemon Shuffle lately.....& Gunstar Heroes isn't out until next month.

L~A

As I suspected, the Miiverse 2015 theme is nowhere to be seen... makes sense since it's supposed to come out along with the redesign. I wonder why they even mentionned it in the PR last week... really weird.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
As I suspected, the Miiverse 2015 theme is nowhere to be seen... makes sense since it's supposed to come out along with the redesign. I wonder why they even mentionned it in the PR last week... really weird.
I think the Miku theme was listed last week as well & of the 3 themes mentioned, only 1 was actually released, & it didn't even appear on the Theme Shop until quite a few days later.

Hopefully the Miiverse theme will be given away for free (or at least for a few days) to celebrate the redesign of Miiverse.

Vanillalite

How good is Dragon Fantasy?

I mean it looks interesting, but so did Pier Solar which was a meh to bad actual game.

Top Bottom