• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - July 2015

How does it compare to, say, Mario Pinball Land? Because y'all in this thread warned me it was trash, I didn't listen, and it's so bad that I'm wary of buying Metroid Prime Pinball.

Mario Pinball is one of the worst games ever. Metroid Pinball is absolutely awesome.

zroid

Banned
Woah Dave sequel.. I guess?

e5iAWS0.png

maxcriden

Woah Dave sequel.. I guess?

Woah Dave is surprisingly fun and addictive. It's the modern version of the SMA remake of Mario Bros. to me. I still have tons of achievements to get on it. I don't think I've made it to $2 yet even (in either mode).

Simbabbad

You guys have made me finally buy Toki Tori 2+... and I love it. I didn't go far yet but the design seems absolutely brilliant. Now I feel bad for not having supported them sooner.

SerTapTap

Anyone interested in Tiny Galaxy impressions? Taking it for a spin now, asked what the embargo (if any) is(edit: no embargo, but I'm still playing). Also need to play around with High Strangeness some more.

You guys have made me finally buy Toki Tori 2+... and I love it. I didn't go far yet but the design seems absolutely brilliant. Now I feel bad for not having supported them sooner.

Toki Tori 2+ is great. Highly recommend both Toki Toris (especially 2+) and everything by Wayforward. And Guacamelee and the Trines if you don't already have them (I've gotten Guacamelee in like 2 bundles and PS+ at this rate). Pretty great sale in general, though I have pretty much everything.

GulAtiCa

I played a build of Tiny Galaxy a week back or so myself. Did mostly like it myself, though can become a bit punishing in difficulty. heh

What is Ittle Dew and why does it always seem to be on sale?

Also, can anyone recommend a good external hard drive to use with the Wii U? I only download games that don't get retail versions so 250 GB or so is probably about all I need (if that). I can't purchase Giana Sisters because it requires over 4 gigs and I don't have enough room. I don't understand why I can't just buy it now and download it later, I have to delete stuff from my hard drive or I can't even purchase it. Why?

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

Also, can anyone recommend a good external hard drive to use with the Wii U? I only download games that don't get retail versions so 250 GB or so is probably about all I need (if that). I can't purchase Giana Sisters because it requires over 4 gigs and I don't have enough room. I don't understand why I can't just buy it now and download it later, I have to delete stuff from my hard drive or I can't even purchase it. Why?

Ittle Dew is essentially a Zelda clone of sorts. I'm playing through it now and I think it's ok, but the difficulty ranges wildly and it's fairly short.

TheMoon

Ittle Dew is essentially a Zelda clone of sorts. I'm playing through it now and I think it's ok, but the difficulty ranges wildly and it's fairly short.

It's short because it's not a Zelda clone in the sense that it's a big adventure, it's a Zelda dungeon gameplay clone but the structure is more like a Binding of Isaac where it's all built around replayability.

To jump start my memory:

Out of the 2 Mighty Switch Force, the best one is the HD? Or the one to get out the two is this one. Correct?

Does anyone here have a 5 eShop code they are willing to sell for paypal?

TheMoon

To jump start my memory:

Out of the 2 Mighty Switch Force, the best one is the HD? Or the one to get out the two is this one. Correct?

Does anyone here have a 5 eShop code they are willing to sell for paypal?

I really like the water mechanic in MSF2, though.

The first one was completely redone in HD, the second only has HD character art.
im a bit confused then.
I really like the water mechanic in MSF2, though.
i thought it was one of this definitive things in regards to which game was better. It seems that i am wrong.

Shantae, although different, is a higher "quality" game than these Mighty Switch Force ones?

Also i' ll eco the comments (a hundred times if necessary) for people to buy Toki Tori 2. Really amazing game that doesn't get the appreciation it deserves. Toki and Mark of the Ninja are at the top of the summit as far as indi games are concerned from my view.

TheMoon

im a bit confused then.

i thought it was one of this definitive things in regards to which game was better. It seems that i am wrong.

Shantae, although different, is a higher "quality" game than these Mighty Switch Force ones?

Yea I think Shantae might be better overall. At the very least it is the best Shantae game. :D

MSF 1 HD is the one they did more work on, like others said, with the redone art and stuff for a proper HD version whereas MSF2 on Wii U is just the same pixel art as on 3DS (same as Shantae).

MSF2 is a bit more complex and a tiny bit more puzzly with the added mechanics (those hidden optional babies and the water mechanics and more complicated lock-block setups) while MSF1 is a bit more focused on straight up platforming and occasional shooting.

They finally released Bike Rider DX2 in Europe?! Not sure how I missed that the first time I looked at the releases for this week.

Umibozu

does anybody know what happened to the gba vc medabots releases?
I was looking forward to the medabots rpg and I thought the rest of natsumes releases were supposed to be out before the end of july, but I get the feeling something has changed

Is always on sale because it is a glitchy mess. I am still surprised the dev never patched it. I can't even beat the final boss because it keeps freezing....

sörine

Banned
does anybody know what happened to the gba vc medabots releases?
I was looking forward to the medabots rpg and I thought the rest of natsumes releases were supposed to be out before the end of july, but I get the feeling something has changed
N64/DS are probably getting priority over NES/SNES/GBA stuff still mia. Plus NA still gets the most indie releases and that results in NOA holding back on VC.

Next gen Nintendo really needs to move VC to it's own dedicated day. Especially if they do the dripfeed rollout again (they will).

Bowl0l

If WiiU was a hot item or has a lot of games, NoA will never bother releasing those 3 Wii games.

I hope region lock console will be phased out for NX or Nintendo allows multiple account login from different region for handheld and home console. I will buy games directly from Jpn eshop each time NoA has a drip feed release.

Ondore

The closest thing you might have seen is Club Nintendo giving out stuff, but that's obviously not an option anymore.

sörine;171600865 said:
N64/DS are probably getting priority over NES/SNES/GBA stuff still mia. Plus NA still gets the most indie releases and that results in NOA holding back on VC.

Next gen Nintendo really needs to move VC to it's own dedicated day. Especially if they do the dripfeed rollout again (they will).

Which shows me they will have learned nothing and the NX will be even more of a bomb. Seriously Nintendo deserves to fail if they do this crap again.

TheMoon

Which shows me they will have learned nothing and the NX will be even more of a bomb. Seriously Nintendo deserves to fail if they do this crap again.

Surely how they handle Virtual Console is a good indicator for how the entire platform will be handled and ultimately perform.
It can also be used to predict the weather.

NX VC is regular VC games without the stupid filter thing making everything darker.

But to cover the cost of developing this new 'feature' they have to charge again for Super Mario Bros. and Zelda 1 etc, also they'll each be released in once a month time frames starting 2017 onwards, please understand.

50hz only for PAL.

I wouldn't worry too much, PixalTheCat. The NX won't have any new games, it will just be Virtual Console, nothing more.

Surely how they handle Virtual Console is a good indicator for how the entire platform will be handled and ultimately perform.
It can also be used to predict the weather.
But can it predict the outcome of sporting events? Because if so, we might on to something big here.

Nah, you need an almanac for that which has been acquired through time travel.
See? Nintendo never learns! Peripherals are never successful. That almanac will be the 64DD all over again.

Now I want the NX to have a "mysterious" port in the bottom labeled EXT. I kinda miss those useless things.

Bowl0l

Oh yes, mysterious ports are cool. :D
The Vita mystery ports probably were abandoned late in production because the Vita will look silly with two cables restricting game play and the Vita battery being difficult to be replaced/removed will get tons of complaints because the battery can no longer last more than 10 minutes after days of plugging the Vita to the TV.

maxcriden

It looks like there is a giveaway for four free copies of Life of Pixel over at nintendoeverything.com. Supposed to be a good game!

lt519

I think I'm gonna check out Mercenaries Saga 2, been hankering for a good RPG/SRPG and it looks like a great FFT clone.

Top Bottom