• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

n64coder

+1
For those who don't know. It takes 12-15 hours to complete each picross e game. For 5 bucks per game, it's great... And to have all picross logos in your 3ds home screen makes it more beautiful

How are you figuring out the times to complete each game? Is that just your estimate? I completed each puzzle and according to my activity log, I spent 30-40 hours on each collection. I consider myself to be very good at puzzles.

Also, why isn't there a Picross game yet for the Wii U.

I think Picross is perfect on the 3DS XL. Personally, I don't see the appeal of putting it on the Wii U although I could see it being neat to being able to have others watch you solve a puzzle.

Jucksalbe

Banned
There is one Picross game on WiiU*, and with Off-TV it's not much different than playing on the 3DS, at least if you usually play at home anyway.

*not in NA.

I like how third-parties are doing better sales than Nintendo.

Inazuma Eleven for $10 looks like a good deal but it doesn't seem like a game that I'd enjoy.

I thought the same thing, but the game is a lot of fun. Controls are a little funky, but I am enjoying it so far.

Crazy that the resident evil sale on Wii u isn't as good as the one last fall.

I really wanted to buy Revelations on the Wii U but I couldn't get over how bad the controls were compared to the PS3 version. Something is screwed with the dead zones on the sticks.

When the PS3 version on PSN was also cheaper, that made that purchasing decision pretty easy.

So I switch on my Wii U tonight and there is a notice on the gamepad telling me that I now have DS brain training. Free too. I guess this means DS coming soon to vc?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Looks like Brain Age (DS) is out on the PAL WiiU eShop for free.
I just came in here to find out more about this. My Wii U's notification light blinked and the new quick boot menu's news feed informed me that it had downloaded it automatically for me!

Don't know if this is a good question for this thread but was there any news at all about the future of the VC at E3?

I'm assuming that they'll probably start putting GC games on the VC with the GC controller adapter coming out with smash, right?

Don't know if this is a good question for this thread but was there any news at all about the future of the VC at E3?
Nope, nothing.

I suspect we'll hear about Virtual Console stuff in the next Direct or two, it's not exactly E3 worthy, considering all the other stuff they were doing.

oatmeal

Banned
I really wanted to buy Revelations on the Wii U but I couldn't get over how bad the controls were compared to the PS3 version. Something is screwed with the dead zones on the sticks.

When the PS3 version on PSN was also cheaper, that made that purchasing decision pretty easy.

Yah the controls are shockingly bad.

Gvaz

Banned
What's good for an rpg after bravely default? Don't say conception, because I'll be getting that for the vita at some point.

I'd prefer they weren't a thing.

Not because of the first person, but because I no longer have patience for the Grind.

If you havent played SMT IV yet get that, if you keep up with your fusions grinding is not an issue. You could also try Crimson Shroud on the eshop which is a short tabletop game with rpg elements.

Gvaz

Banned
If you havent played SMT IV yet get that, if you keep up with your fusions grinding is not an issue. You could also try Crimson Shroud on the eshop which is a short tabletop game with rpg elements.

Played CS, along with FEA (I actually sold that but I'll likely rebuy it to have it on the 3ds at somepoint. maybe when they have an xmas sale)

Haven't picked up SMT4 because it's priced at console game levels.

sörine

Banned
I asked them about that on Twitter today and they said they had nothing to announce, but they would only be able to do the ones they've previously published, so Lufia II (and the DS game).

https://twitter.com/Natsume_Inc/status/477493545784188928

I had to look that up, I didn't realize that they didn't publish the first game.

As long as Lufia II is released, all is good. That's by far the best game in the series. They will most likely release the PAL version in Europe, but I wouldn't really mind for that game since it fixed a bunch of glitches from the NTSC version.

Quick DDP/NNP question.

When you upgrade a VC game do you get points for the full cost of the VC game or just points for the upgrade fee?

Yah the controls are shockingly bad.

I was surprised by how good the gyro controls are on the 3DS version. It's waaaaay easier to aim than on the gamepad, and it's very immersive too. People on the fence should download the demo and try this control scheme.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I hope eventually Nintendo gives extra stuff for getting multiple platinums, I have gotten every year since club Nintendo came to NA

Top Bottom