• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2014

sörine;115709207 said:
Android and iOS aren't crossbuy, they're one ecosystem/store shared over multiple devices. And even then buying one game doesn't entitle you to the "HD" version of the same game in most cases.

I can buy 1000s of Apps on my iPhone and get it automatically for iPad. There many options.

1. Buy iPhone app get full iPad app
2. Buy iPhone app and run iphone app on iPad if full iPad app isn't made.

There is ZERO point at all in buying the same VC game twice on 3DS and then the Wii U. If I buy it on Wii U or 3DS it should be there for the other system. There are others just like me that don't fall in line with this BS and will not support them until this happens. They are missing out on hundreds from myself alone.

Balb

please dear god announce N64 VC today!

I'd only be on board if they released an N64 controller adapter or peripheral alongside the launch. As strange of a controller as it was, many of the best N64 games don't feel good without it (at least for me).

zroid

Banned
I'd only be on board if they released an N64 controller adapter or peripheral alongside the launch. As strange of a controller as it was, many of the best N64 games don't feel good without it (at least for me).

imo gamecube controllers work pretty well for N64 games. at least, I always thought so when playing them on Wii.

if the GC adapter is supported that would be good enough for me

sörine

Banned
I can buy 1000s of Apps on my iPhone and get it automatically for iPad. There many options.

1. Buy iPhone app get full iPad app
2. Buy iPhone app and run iphone app on iPad if full iPad app isn't made.

There is ZERO point at all in buying the same VC game twice on 3DS and then the Wii U. If I buy it on Wii U or 3DS it should be there for the other system. There are others just like me that don't fall in line with this BS and will not support them until this happens. They are missing out on hundreds from myself alone.
I don't disagree, no cross-buy or discount across Wii U and 3DS Virtual Console (and eShop in general) sucks but your 1st point with iOS is wrong. If you buy for example Espgaluda II on the App Store you don't get to download Espgaluda II HD for free, you have to buy it again at full price.

tuffy

More like $175, to be precise. NES games are the only ones on both the Wii U and 3DS virtual console, and of those there's about 35 that have been released for both systems at the moment.

sörine

Banned
More like $175, to be precise. NES games are the only ones on both the Wii U and 3DS virtual console, and of those there's about 35 that have been released for both systems at the moment.
It's something that'll be addressed in the next hardware cycle which is probably being modeled after iOS and having the Wii U architecture grandfathered in. If you want to futureproof then buying your NES games on Wii U is probably the safer bet, and that's too bad since they're ugly/blurry as sin compared to the 3DS versions.

That said it seems like 8-bit is going to be as far as Nintendo's willing to go for 3DS VC so it won't be a problem for SNES/GBA/etc. Maybe TG16 if Konami ever wakes up.

No Brain Training download? I had assumed NOA/NOE held it back for today. But then again given how they are revealing loads of stuff post-event (WHY? every year they do this, 2 years ago they hid Wonderful 101 on youtube).

Welp..........no VC, nothing, zip, nadda.

Scratch. Just announced 30% off games
Did they say this was live? Doesn't seem to be an discounts in Europe :(

No Brain Training download? I had assumed NOA/NOE held it back for today. But then again given how they are revealing loads of stuff post-event (WHY? every year they do this, 2 years ago they hid Wonderful 101 on youtube).

Did they say this was live? Doesn't seem to be an discounts in Europe :(

My guess is 30% off selected VC games. Yes they said it LIVE..the asian lady announced it

Magnus

Woah, my Gamepad sitting right near my TV just lit up with this promo, and a picture of WW Link. I was kind of alarmed and surprised in a happy way, haha.

On the Wii U eShop, I see:

Super Mario Bros - 3.49
Super Mario World - 5.59
Sonic Lost World - 34.99
Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed - 20.99
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - 34.99
The Legend of Zelda - 3.49
The LEGO Movie Videogame - 34.99
LEGO The Hobbit - 27.99
LEGO Batman 2 - 13.99
Yoshi's Island: Super Mario Advance 3 - 5.59

Robin64

Loads of trailers up on the Wii U eShop, including Mario vs Donkey Kong which wasn't shown during the event.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Did they update the shop already? Is there a sale in the 3ds eshop?

Yes.

Super Mario Bros.- $3.49
OoT 3D- $27.99
LoZ- $3.49
Mario Party: Island Tour-$27.99
Lego The Hobbit- $20.99
Lego Movie- $20.99
Sonic Generations- $20.99
Sonic Lost World- $27.99
Lego Lord of the Rings- $13.99
Lego Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey- $13.99
All Stars Racing Transformed- $20.99
Yoshi- $3.49

(Sorry for the double post, clicked on submit instead of preview :/ )

zroid

Banned
Woah, my Gamepad sitting right near my TV just lit up with this promo, and a picture of WW Link. I was kind of alarmed and surprised in a happy way, haha.

:O

I might have missed it because I was using my Wii U to watch the live stream... darn it

Elija2

Yes.

Super Mario Bros.- $3.49
OoT 3D- $27.99
LoZ- $3.49
Lego The Hobbit- $20.99
Lego Movie- $20.99
Sonic Lost World- $27.99
Yoshi- $3.49

Kinda lame sales. :/

With sales like that I can't say I'm jealous (I heard what I wanted to hear of all character games being 30% off rather than some and not the newer ones). But at least OOT is cheaper than Infamous Second Son now...well until June 16th.

90sRobots

Yes.

Super Mario Bros.- $3.49
OoT 3D- $27.99
LoZ- $3.49
Lego The Hobbit- $20.99
Lego Movie- $20.99
Sonic Lost World- $27.99
Lego Legends of Chima: Laval's Journey- $13.99
Yoshi- $3.49

Damn, was hoping for Mario Kart 7 to be part of the sale.

I would totally buy one of those, but I enjoy playing them with the Gamecube controller too :D

Tenki

Hi guys,

I really don't know where to ask, so I'm asking here instead of creating a thread that will be buried by E3 news :\ Anyway, it's somehow related to downloads.

I have a Wii U with an external HDD attached where I download all my games and save all my data. It's a Toshiba HDTB105EK3AA 500GB Stor.E Basics USB 3.0 2.5 Inch External Hard Drive. I also have it plugged via a Y cable.

Well, yesterday the console started to freeze while playing Mario Kart 8 and today it was the same. I tried to transfer the game from the HDD to the console, but I always get an error 160-4712.

Does anyone know what can I do? Can I backup the whole HDD with my Mac? Formatting and losing all the save data would be a disaster :\

Tenki

If it's just Mario Kart 8, maybe some data got corrupted? Try to redownload the game.

I already did, and nothing :\

I also tried to transfer other games and the transfer process gets stuck. I think I have to format the HDD, but I want to know if I can do a backup first.

jholmes

Raise the alarm, ladies and gentlemen: Metroid Zero Mission hits the Japanese Wii U Virtual Console next week.

Also along for the ride: Air Zonk, an MSX game called Road Fighter, the Famicom port of Antarctic Adventure and the Kunio-kun hockey game. Wowie. If only we'd see some of those over here.

Drago

Pac Man Collection GBA and Pac Land NES are on the NA eShop, nice surprise. And they're on sale too! $4.89 for Collection and $3.49 for Pac-Land.

How are they? Thinking of picking them up because of Smash Bros hype :)

jholmes

Pac Man Collection GBA and Pac Land NES are on the NA eShop, nice surprise. And they're on sale too! $4.89 for Collection and $3.49 for Pac-Land.

Wow, did those just go up? Talk about some stealth adds. Why isn't Pac Man 2 The New Adventures in there? I'd jump at that.

Drago

Wow, did those just go up? Talk about some stealth adds. Why isn't Pac Man 2 The New Adventures in there? I'd jump at that.
Yeah, went to go get Yoshis Island while it was on sale and I saw those two on the sale page. Same thing happened last E3 woth Mega Man 2-4 :)

Opinions on these, guys? If they're good, I'll buy them both.

Drago

Opinions on these, guys? If they're good, I'll buy them both.
Collection I hear is good. At the very least it has the original Pac Man included and is currently cheaper than the NES one... and this has an extra two games. :p

Never played Pac Land but the Smash Bros stage being based on it makes me interested. I heard it's great too, I'm just gonna blind buy it.

Carlisle

Hmmm... Debating Lego Batman 2. I somehow never picked that up before... Or any Lego game really. But I hear it's good and $14 isn't bad. Though I still need to get Child of Light and Pushmo World and don't really wanna do all 3 at once since I just dropped a chunk on the PSN sale. Damn you E3 sales!

tolkir

Next week on Japan eShop (all release the Thursday)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Javier

Wow, Pac-Land NES? I never expected that one to show up on the VC given it was never released outside Japan.

Namco had tons of NES games that were Japan-only, but could easily be released here due to little to no Japanese text. Hope this is a trend to that.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Anyone wanna vouch for Pac-Land? Even if it isn't good, it looks interesting enough to try, though I was hoping the Pac-Man Museum on PSN/XBLA would go on sale, which includes the arcade version.

Haines

Banned
I literally booted up metroid fusion on my 3ds last night. Telling my girl whom was watching me I'd rather be playing zero mission as I was introducing her to metroid

Pac-Land NES is trash.

There's a near arcade perfect TurboGrafx version, but Konami.

Also, METROID ZERO MISSION. To coincide with tonight's roundtable announcement?

Davey Cakes

Metroid Zero Mission may not necessarily be the BEST Metroid game but overall it's pretty much the most perfect and tight Metroid experience, if that makes any sense. Highly recommended once it shows up on VC.

Better than Fusion for sure.

I'm actually surprised it's already coming out so soon after the GBA VC launch.

Also, METROID ZERO MISSION. To coincide with tonight's roundtable announcement?
You're getting my hopes up!

Jucksalbe

Banned
Yeah, I hope we'll see Zero Mission soon (in Europe). But a Japanese release is rarely a good indication of anything coming soon in the West.

I'm tempted to pick up Windwaker since my MK8 download isn't giving me a free game (long story). Or I could do a flip at Best Buy with my GCU. I don't particularly like exchanging real money for store credit, though.

Decisions, decisions.

Top Bottom