• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
https://twitter.com/ShinenGames/status/611068492440305664

#FAST Racing Neo today at Treehouse Live @ E3! 1:45 PM PT

CHrzjixWoAAepjq.png:orig

That's 21:45 BST and 22:45 CET.

Looking forward to see it in motion.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh cool, Freedom Planet is coming August 3, according to Nintendo's site.

Also Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones rated by ESRB, so I wouldn't be surprised if it hit the Wii U VC tomorrow.

BearChair

About that...

Digital event not including anything VC related is again mind boggling. N64 and Wii releases is just sad.

I haven't been able to keep up with E3 too closely this year due to work. Beyond Earthbound Beginnings, has there been any mention of the future of VC by Nintendo during E3?

I feel like the 3DS is really getting forgotten on VC releases recently and was hoping for an announcement to give me something to look forward to.

Robin64

I haven't been able to keep up with E3 too closely this year due to work. Beyond Earthbound Beginnings, has there been any mention of the future of VC by Nintendo during E3?

I feel like the 3DS is really getting forgotten on VC releases recently and was hoping for an announcement to give me something to look forward to.

Not a single snippet, no.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Nice analysis max!

I was disappointed with the Direct because I thought it was lackluster. The "one more thing" at the end was really a missed opportunity.

Well hey, back in 2012, they used the one more thing to show Fireworks in nintendo Land... Also Animal Crossing Wii U = Free to download title - requires Amiibo though.

Also wondering how the Nindie humble bundle went?

A portion of a Gamasutra interview with Damon Baker, senior manager of marketing in the licensing department at Nintendo of America...
How'd the Humble Nindie Bundle go?
"We were quite pleased with how it went. The main objective of the promotion was really to reach a wider audience, and let as many people know about this great indie content as possible. We promoted those same Nindies for the two weeks in the eShop, and their full version prices of those games were actually increased in sales."

Defining Nintendo's audience for indie games
"It seems like a lot of the Nintendo fans and consumers they gravitate towards nostalgia, they gravitate towards platformer and puzzle action games. If I had one wish to be fulfilled, I would love to see Nintendo fans and consumers take more risks on eShop. It's my responsibility to make sure everything gets as much exposure as possible. There are titles that share a similar DNA to what makes good first party games,"

Promoting indie games
"The content that performs best on our platforms are the developers that have already been really proactive in creating a community and a lot of buzz. That's the truest definition of what is doing well or isn't doing well on Nintendo platforms."

Opportunities for promoting indies...
"We look at these opportunities all the time. We've done these super indie sales, but these are primarily driven by the developers -- but we put a lot of support from first party behind it I definitely have a vision of doing bigger grander promotions and activities."

Funding indie games
"We've given lots of thought to it. Nintendo is pretty famous for being pretty tight with our money; we want to be efficient with our funds. We continue to look for other ways to promote that key content, and that stuff we consider to be priority. We've given a lot of consideration and we may have programs that we may offer in the future but nothing we can confirm at this time."

A quick update on Unity for New 3DS
"It's getting really, really close, and there is a ton of interest."
Nintendo's goal is to get the first Unity games out on 3DS "this year," and the tools to developers "really, really soon."

Zeeman

NOA just tweeted this:

KVstQX2.jpg

So looks like NA is getting FE: Sacred Stones this week and Mario and Luigi: PiT and Star Fox Command next week.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Guess I was right on FE: Sacred Stones. Interesting to see Partners in Time AND Star Fox Command coming next week (how was that for someone who loves 64 & thought Assault was alright).

Drago

Star Fox Command next week, eh? That's the first DS game coming out that I haven't played... kinda want to. I know that it's supposed to be not that good but I still wanna give it a shot.

GulAtiCa

In other words, no more Wii games in the eshop?

Nope. As you can see. No more Wii games. Nor SNES, NES or GBA VC games after next week!

It's just a small list. Don't take these type of lists of 100% all games. Esp of VC games. :p

Star Fox Command next week, eh? That's the first DS game coming out that I haven't played... kinda want to. I know that it's supposed to be not that good but I still wanna give it a shot.
I liked it. Decent strategy game mixed with all range mode fights. It's no Starfox SNES/64. But still fun in it's own right.

ohlawd

Star Fox Command is a great game. my 2nd favorite after Adventures

I've never played a legit Star Fox. I own 64 3D tho

maxcriden

Cross posting my Nintendo Best Buy Experience impressions.

Okay just got back a short while ago. Was pretty empty so I guess I went at a good time since they expect it to be very busy Saturday. This was the Tucker GA location. Got to play Zelda first with a couple others. Due to some battery issues we had a bit of a stop and start experience but we did get to play through The Fortress and it only took five minutes or so to beat so it was probably good length for a tutorial level or demo level; there were several clothes and levels on offer. Clothes included the Samurai one, the Lucky Loungewear, the old standby, and the Zelda gown. I also got to see a bit of the Volcano level before I joined in. I have to say it was pretty fun. I'm a bit skeptical about how the online mode is going to work in terms of them length of the campaign and saving the game in co-op, and barring that how fun the SP is going to be, but playing it definitely only made me more interested in the game. It's hard to go wrong with that crisp and smooth LBW engine. I hope the full game feels like a lengthy and fully realized experience but I mean it's Zelda so really I just always want it to be as long and great as it can be. I have to say the touchscreen emoticons are hilarious and really well-implemented in gameplay.

Also got to play some Mario Maker. The main menu allows you to play preset courses, which was a screen full of empty boxes were levels would go, or to create your own level. Started out with creating my own course and the demo gives you a preset one to build off of by default. Because I didn't really have time to read the manual I was just futzing around a bit and played with the different options and explored the menus. I couldn't quite figure out how to adhere the wings to the enemies but I'm sure there's a simple way to do so. The whole setup is very smooth and seamless. I did get to play through the course in SMB3 style and it was cool to see my creation come to life. I also clicked on the Course World option which takes you to the online sharing community but the system wasn't configured for Internet use so that didn't work.

Most interesting was the 10 Mario Challenge. This is probably in a Treehouse or show floor video already, but essentially when yo go into it you get a classic minimalist world map and it says Peach has been kidnapped, some 8 big Goombas carry 8 bit peach off to an 8 bit stylized Bowser's castle, and you get to playing 10 levels which I think you have just the 10 lives to beat. (Although maybe you get 10 lives for each? Not sure.) anyway, the first level that popped up was Leap of Faith and all ten of my attempts to land correctly in between a horizontal line of spikes with a small gap revealing the top of a flagpole were for naught, so I failed and made my way back. Second level was trickier too but lengthier and more doable. "Walls of Ivy" or something to that effect, a NSMBU-style level where you traverse floating walls of ivy and avoid a carousel of Boos, homing Bullet Bills, and more. I failed the next level pretty miserably, I think part of it or a similar one was shown off in the NWC or E3 trailer. Title was something about rotating lava waves. Just a very tricky level in the SMB style. You run onto a spine coaster, avoiding lava waves above and below you...jump to a lone door and go through...then start in midair and fall to the next door which is on top of a block that is destroyed or disappears shortly after landing on it so you only get a few seconds to realize and go through that door. As Birdo would prefer it, that's as far as I went. Not sure if I was out of lives at that point but either way figured I should give the next person a turn. 😃

terrisus

figured I should give the next person a turn. 😃

Oh Max :þ

Thanks very much for the impressions =)

Mario Maker definitely seems like it would be hard to get a feel for, standing in the middle of a store, potentially with other people waiting as well.

It's worth it just to see some of the endings which are downright bizarre and hilarious.
There was a thread here once talking about how weird they are :)

zroid

Banned
I thought the decision to demo Mario Maker at Best Buy was curious, doesn't seem like the type of game that's well-suited to that sort of environment.

But upon seeing the game, it's very obviously the highest quality product Nintendo brought to E3 this year, so it makes sense.

I checked the 3DS eShop and Mercenaries Saga 2 is coming July 2, being published by Circle Entertainment. I guess Adventure Bar Story turned out good for them

jmizzal

NOA just tweeted this:

KVstQX2.jpg

So looks like NA is getting FE: Sacred Stones this week and Mario and Luigi: PiT and Star Fox Command next week.

NOA is annoying not even gonna show Devils Third or Fatal Frame U

edit
Am I able to by an Earthbound Beginnings digital code?

NVM found it lol

I have a question, that I didn't quite want to make a new topic for, but I'm not sure where else to ask this. I figure since it relates to the Nintendo eshop, this might be a good topic for it.

So I traded in my 3DS that I had last month to get Splatoon. It was a red older model, and knew I wanted to get a New 3DS soon anyway, and I know from experience that I've been able to call up Nintendo and have them link my NNID to a new system over the phone. It's inconvenient, but I know it's doable. Last year, I sold my 2DS to get the red 3DS I had up until last month, and at the time I didn't see an option on the 2DS to unlink my NNID, it straight up only asked to delete my account, which i did not want to do.

Anyway, when I sold my 3DS last month, I noticed something new, that it asked me if I wanted to UNLINK my NNID from the 3DS. I did that, and it connected online to do it.

I'm just wondering, because I just ordered a New 3DS online, and am expected to get it next week. Since it went through that process of unlinking my NNID, does that mean when I get my New 3DS, I'll be able to just relogin and download my eshop games without having to call up nintendo again? if so, that'd be great.

Pokemaniac

I have a question, that I didn't quite want to make a new topic for, but I'm not sure where else to ask this. I figure since it relates to the Nintendo eshop, this might be a good topic for it.

So I traded in my 3DS that I had last month to get Splatoon. It was a red older model, and knew I wanted to get a New 3DS soon anyway, and I know from experience that I've been able to call up Nintendo and have them link my NNID to a new system over the phone. It's inconvenient, but I know it's doable. Last year, I sold my 2DS to get the red 3DS I had up until last month, and at the time I didn't see an option on the 2DS to unlink my NNID, it straight up only asked to delete my account, which i did not want to do.

Anyway, when I sold my 3DS last month, I noticed something new, that it asked me if I wanted to UNLINK my NNID from the 3DS. I did that, and it connected online to do it.

I'm just wondering, because I just ordered a New 3DS online, and am expected to get it next week. Since it went through that process of unlinking my NNID, does that mean when I get my New 3DS, I'll be able to just relogin and download my eshop games without having to call up nintendo again? if so, that'd be great.

It's definitely worth a try. I think the call to Nintendo will probably still be necessary, but there have been a lot of minor 3DS updates recently, and it's theoretically possible that they changed the process without us finding out.

L~A

NA:

Virtual Console on Wii U

EarthBound Beginnings – The Year is 198X. As Ninten, a young boy from Podunk with psychic powers, you must locate the eight melodies to aid the Queen of Magicant. Armed with your trusty baseball bat, you’ll fight crazed hippies, zombies … and the occasional Magic Snail? Find out what’s causing these strange phenomena in the first-ever U.S. release of the EarthBound Beginnings game! Click here to view a trailer for the game.

Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones – The kingdom of Renais lies in ruins, shattered by a sudden invasion from a former ally. In this Game Boy Advance classic, use cunning strategy to guide the royal heirs, Eirika and Ephraim, on their quest to rebuild Renais. Take advantage of your strengths and exploit your enemy’s weaknesses, but be careful: If soldiers perish on the battlefield, they are gone forever!

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Nindies@Home – Be among the first to play upcoming indie games coming to Wii U later this year. From now until June 22 at 8:59 a.m. PT, if you play select free demos in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U, you’ll receive 15 percent off the purchase of those games at launch. See all the included games on the offers page.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Smash Controller – Expand your controller options in the Super Smash Bros. for Wii U game by using a Nintendo 3DS system as a controller – even without owning the hand-held version of the game. Simply purchase and download the Smash Controller application in the Nintendo eShop to your Nintendo 3DS system as a controller and get ready to battle in a new way!

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Super Smash Bros. – New content approaching! Ryu from the Street Fighter series and Roy from Fire Emblem join Lucas from Mother 3 as new playable fighters, and are available for download now. In addition, there are three new stages and many new costumes for Mii Fighters, including outfits from classic fighting series Virtua Fighter and Tekken. Learn more: http://www.smashbros.com/US/.

Nintendo eShop Sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

Nintendo is celebrating its lineup at E3 2015 with up to 30 percent off select games for Wii U and Nintendo 3DS. Fans can score deals on games related to some of the top franchises being featured at the show, including Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda, LEGO, Just Dance and Yoshi. See all the games on the sale page. This offer runs until June 23 at 8:59 a.m. PT.
Pure Chess (Wii U and Nintendo 3DS) is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 22.
Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS is 60 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.20) beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 20 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 27.

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

Knytt Underground and Stick it to the Man! from Ripstone are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 22.
psyscrolr is 30 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $2.79) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 23.
Arrow Time U is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $0.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.
Paper Monsters Recut is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.
Tilelicious is 33 percent off (reduced from $5.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.
Gravity Badgers is 50 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $2.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 16.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked and Shin Megami Tensei IV from ATLUS are on sale beginning at 9 a.m. PT on June 22 until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 29.
Tiny Games – Knights & Dragons is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 2.
Swords & Soldiers 3D, Glory of Generals and Quell Reflect from Circle Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 9.
Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot is 33 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $1.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 16.
PIX3D, League of Heroes and more games from Huuuge Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 16.
Zombie Incident is 25 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to $1.49) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 16.

Activities:

Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. “Global Cup” Tournament – See how your Code Name: S.T.E.A.M. squad stacks up online in Nintendo’s Public Tournaments. Top players earn unique titles that are visible online and earn major bragging rights with their friends and around the world. The new “Global Cup” tournament runs from June 18 to June 24. Opt in via the SpotPass feature for notifications on future tournaments, and click here for more information about multiplayer tournaments. Good luck, agents!

Also new this week:

Fat City (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Life of Pixel (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Solitaire Dungeon Escape (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
Best of Board Games – Chess (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Comic Workshop 2 (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
Harvest Moon: The Lost Valley – New DLC (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

BooJoh

Smash Controller as the highlight of 3DS... lol.

I was hoping for some surprises but it's hard to complain in a week with EBB and I'm sure a lot of people are looking forward to FE.

I already nabbed EBB earlier this week, I might check out Psyscrolr or PIX3D.

We know we are getting partners in time and something else soon for VC (Kirby I think?)

Can't complain about VC this week. Both are solid

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Next week will also be Star Fox Command. It IS kind of nice knowing in advance again what we're getting.

jholmes

Any impressions on Partners in Time? I've only played the first Mario + Luigi game but I love Paper Mario and RPGs. Mind you EarthBound Zero might burn me out for a while.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Any impressions on Partners in Time? I've only played the first Mario + Luigi game but I love Paper Mario and RPGs. Mind you EarthBound Zero might burn me out for a while.
It's a bit hard to explain why exactly, but it seems to be the weakest of the series. I think it was just a such a step down from Superstar Saga in terms of the script & humor. I remember those purple shroom things, but that's it. I barely remember it compared to, say, Fawful, that robber dude who had Bowser as a partner, etc. It doesn't help while the battle mechanics are still fun, they just DRAAAGGGG. Seriously, the bosses would take way too long to beat & this is coming from the "I must fight every enemy to ensure I am a high enough level for future battles!" RPG player. Hell, the final battle took over 30 MINUTES because they had so much damn HP.

I think I should replay it after all these years to get a fresher opinion, but Bowser's Inside Story is the better game out of the 2 games on DS.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I played it through once. It was enjoyable, but I'd never do it again. The complaints about boss battles are valid. They unnecessarily take forever.

As for VC, the fact that more Wii games haven't been put up is an absolute joke.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It seems because PiT came out in the US version, the Japanese (& then EU) version changed some stuff, including balancing the difficulty. Like for one battle, instead of a boss healing 100 HP, they only heal 60, or in the final boss battle, US healed 120 HP, while it was 80 HP in JPN/EU.

Some items in the shop were also cheaper as well, like the 1UP Mushrooms.

If you don't mind some spoilers (including ones for the final boss battle), you can see more differences here. Kind of hope we get the EU version which balances the difficulty.

It seems because PiT came out in the US version, the Japanese (& then EU) version changed some stuff, including balancing the difficulty. Like for one battle, instead of a boss healing 100 HP, they only heal 60, or in the final boss battle, US healed 120 HP, while it was 80 HP in JPN/EU.

Some items in the shop were also cheaper as well, like the 1UP Mushrooms.

If you don't mind some spoilers (including ones for the final boss battle), you can see more differences here. Kind of hope we get the EU version which balances the difficulty.

So what you're saying is, is that Japanese and Euro gamers are weaklings :D

Xenoboy

I bought Boxboy yesterday and am already in World 10.
The game game is quite fun so far, nothing mindblowing, but nothing sneeze at either.
It's a really charming game though.
I didn't really feel the crane world, but I liked the rest.

jholmes

So Fat City isn't available in Canada. I guess we're too thin up here?

Maybe the game takes place in Fatlanta and they thought we wouldn't get the joke.

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Edit: Whoops, I completely misread that earlier post.

I do hope they release Bowser's Inside Story on VC at some point, as I never got to play that game.

VideoMan

30% Failure Rate
Jools Watsham of Renegade Kid confirmed Mutant Mudds Super Challenge will be cross-buy across 3DS and Wii U. Don't know if that's new news or not.

maxcriden

Anyone have a spare 700 club Nintendo coins they want to sell me in the form of starfox 64 3DS? Please let me know if so. Thanks!

I bought Boxboy yesterday and am already in World 10.
The game game is quite fun so far, nothing mindblowing, but nothing sneeze at either.
It's a really charming game though.
I didn't really feel the crane world, but I liked the rest.

Boxboy is a great game. I'm glad people are still enjoying it. :)

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven
Also not sure if it's new news, but Steamworld Heist will coming first to 3DS this fall. Order of delivery for other platforms hasn't been decided yet.

Top Bottom