• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

Xenoboy

Just bought Paper Mario 64, time to take a trip back. I really loved this game when I first played it on the Wii years ago.
One of the more charming games I've played :)

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Well, finally got around to playing the BlazBlue: Clone Phantasma demo.

.......that sure was a game that exists. Just a button masher of knocking opponents off the arena.

So no one here has bought Fat City, either? No "Posts by Players" on Miiverse yet, either... shame, because ignoring its title, the trailer makes it look like it has some actually interesting gameplay... Looks like I might have to take one for the team...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Remember when GAF designed the cover art for the first BlazBlue game?

Never really heard much about the game after that, honestly.
Oh right, that was for the....weird...EU box art of the original game.

But yeah, this is a spin-off where everyone is chibi-fied (& I think a sequel as well) where you're on a circle platform and move around, attacking other characters to knock them off. You can jump, attack, "drive" (I don't know, guess a heavy attack), & then a Special Attack where if you use it after so many times, you become dizzy & leave yourself open for attack.

The demo was pretty much the definition of "meh". I didn't hate it, but I have no desire to ever play it again nor buy the full version.

jholmes

Me?
I've been playing Earthbound Beginnings.

Me too bro. I had started that game previously at least twice and got too bored to even get into Podunk proper so I'm surprised that I've stuck with it to the point where I'm almost done.

I beat the original FF a couple Christmases ago and the first Dragon Warrior back in the day and this game is nowhere near as grindy as those or as cryptic, although it is as slow. If you're only going to play through one NES RPG, this should be the one.

Axiom Verge probaby coming to Wii U (and maybe 3DS if Nintendo lends a hand) in 2016. http://www.destructoid.com/axiom-ve...1.phtml?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Hell yes!

It's a good thing they put that drill item in this game because otherwise I wouldn't buy it and I'd just play Super Metroid again. This might be the most shameless classic Nintendo rip-off out there but the drill item is actually a cool addition.

So no one here has bought Fat City, either? No "Posts by Players" on Miiverse yet, either... shame, because ignoring its title, the trailer makes it look like it has some actually interesting gameplay... Looks like I might have to take one for the team...

Maybe if those jerks sold it in Canada, someone would've taken a chance by now.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
I've downloaded Unepic due to the sales. Only done the very beginning, but I like it.
I've also downloaded the Nindies demos and:

Rive and Typoman will be mine for sure.

Still have to try out a couple of those games. In the meantime, I'm still looking for a sale for Affordable space adventure: I'm probably gonna pick it anyways within the end of July

Robin64

Taking a break from new games to take part in the FF5 Four Job Fiesta, so I'm quietly hoping there are no download bombas this week.

JoeM86

This week, in Europe

Wii U
Yoshi's Woolly World £34.99 (€39.99)
Free Bonus Game until 23rd July 2015: Download Code for Yoshi Touch & Go for Wii U included as a free bonus for every purchase of Yoshi’s Woolly World from Nintendo eShop. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase and on the receipt. The download code is valid until 21st August 2015.
Art Academy: Atelier 21.40 (€26), normally £24.99 (€29.99) Discount of £3.59 (€3.99) on Art Academy: Atelier for users who have downloaded Art Academy: SketchPad on the same Wii U.
Cube Life: Island Survival £5.39 (€6.99)
Shiftlings £13.99 (€14.99)

Wii U Virtual Console
Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain? £6.29 (€6.99)
Kirby: Mouse Attack £8.99 (€9.99)
Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards £8.99 (€9.99) - This is the US version
Yoshi's Touch & Go Download Code for Yoshi Touch & Go for Wii U included as a free bonus for every purchase of Yoshi’s Woolly World from Nintendo eShop. The download code will be shown on the screen after purchase and on the receipt. The download code is valid until 21st August 2015.

3DS
Garfield Kart £24.99 (€29.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3 £29.99 (€39.99)
Tappingo 2 £2.39 (€2.99)

3DS Add-on Content
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Edit Parts 1, Tecmo Koei Games – £3.99 (€3.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Edit Parts 2, Tecmo Koei Games – £5.99 (€5.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Edit Parts 3, Tecmo Koei Games – £6.99 (€6.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Edit Parts 4, Tecmo Koei Games – £6.99 (€6.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Edit Parts 5, Tecmo Koei Games – £6.99 (€6.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Edit Parts Set, Tecmo Koei Games – £21.99 (€21.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Edit Parts 1, Tecmo Koei Games – £0.99 (€0.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Edit Parts 2, Tecmo Koei Games – £0.99 (€0.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Mount Pack 1, Tecmo Koei Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Mount Pack 2, Tecmo Koei Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Mount Pack Set, Tecmo Koei Games – £2.99 (€2.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Old Costumes 1, Tecmo Koei Games – £2.99 (€2.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Old Costumes 2, Tecmo Koei Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Old Costumes 3, Tecmo Koei Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Old Costumes 4, Tecmo Koei Games – £1.99 (€1.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Old Costumes Set, Tecmo Koei Games – £6.99 (€6.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Costumes 1, Tecmo Koei Games – £7.99 (€7.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Costumes 2, Tecmo Koei Games – £7.99 (€7.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Costumes 3, Tecmo Koei Games – £7.99 (€7.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Costumes 4, Tecmo Koei Games – £7.99 (€7.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Costumes 5, Tecmo Koei Games – £3.99 (€3.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Special Costumes Set, Tecmo Koei Games – £29.99 (€29.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra BGM Set, Tecmo Koei Games – £2.99 (€2.99)
Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3: Extra Scenario Set, Tecmo Koei Games – £4.99 (€4.99)

================
Price Reductions

3DS
Aqua Moto Racing 3D, Zordix AB – £3.39 (€3.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £7.19 (€7.99)
Pure Chess, Ripstone Publishing – £2.49 (€2.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.99 (€5.99)
Shin Megami Tensei IV, ATLUS – £8.99 (€9.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £17.99 (€19.99)
Van Helsing Sniper ZX100, EnjoyUp Games – £3.49 (€3.49) until 19th July 2015, normally £6.66 (€6.66)

Wii U
Knytt Underground, Ripstone Publishing – £3.99 (€4.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £7.99 (€8.99)
Paper Monsters Recut, Mobot Studios – £2.79 (€3.29) until 2nd July 2015, normally £5.49 (€6.49)
Pure Chess, Ripstone Publishing – £2.49 (€2.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.99 (€5.99)
Puzzle Monkeys, Log Games – £1.49 (€1.49) until 23rd July 2015, normally £2.99 (€2.99)
Stick it to the Man, Ripstone Publishing – £3.49 (€3.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £6.99 (€7.99)

Dee Dee

Can someone clarify on Yoshi's Touch and Go? Can you get it with the download code only, or is it already available on VC to buy for anyone? I guess I missed the original release announcement.

In other news: More VC brain training, clearly preparing the general public for the imminent release of that new 3DS brain training we never got. Clearly.

L~A

Holy sh*t that SW3 DLC! Godamn*t! Pretty crazy...

Only going to bother with the extra scenario, to be honest.

JoeM86

Can someone clarify on Yoshi's Touch and Go? Can you get it with the download code only, or is it already available on VC to buy for anyone? I guess I missed the original release announcement.

In other news: More VC brain training, clearly preparing the general public for the imminent release of that new 3DS brain training we never got. Clearly.

Only with the code for now

Robin64

Got Woolly World on the way physically (dat amiibo), but Art Academy with that discount seems like a no-brainer. These games are awesome at actually teaching you art.

tolkir

Second N64 game with US version. Dat Kirby.

Yoshi with Amiibo too for me this week.

SMTIV to €9.99, I don't think it can go lower.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Kirby 64 is the US version? Bought... maybe. I totally forgot about the input lag before I posted this.

Brain Training and two Kirby games?

I wonder if purchasers of the free Brain Training version will get an update and if this will include people who deleted it (just like the Wii Fit U trial if you delete it you can't redownload it, annoying in the case of the former as it the trial version you unlock, you are not given a full version download).

Also Yoshi Touch and Go isn't on the EU eShop yet? I recently got a boxed version (water damaged on the back and the box has some the plastic shell missing ugh...) as I found the price to be similar. I need to see what happens if you try to picotochat search function on the 3DS (the game has an option to auto search for open pictochat rooms...Nintendo thought this would be something, huh). Is that the only way to get pictochat on a 3DS (I'm guessing pictochat is part of the Yoshi touch and go ROM)?

Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3 £29.99 (€39.99)
I'm pleased Koei-Tecmo gave us something that resembles the actual exchange rate rather than 2008 level. Although it is probably a PR gaffe (ala Fantasy Zone :( ). Shame that didn't carry through to the DLC.

Tizoc

Get Freedom Planet if you want a platformer that pays homage to the Genesis/MD platformers.
It is to the Genesis/MD what Shovel Knight is to the NES.

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Is it really that bad for you? I recalibrated my TV to optimal settings and now have none.
The input lag is unacceptable even when I'm playing DK64 on my Gamepad, so I don't think recalibrating my TV will help (unless it's displaying exactly what's on the TV for some reason). I do wonder why that is happening though, since some people have no issues, while using exactly the same game on identical hardware.

Edit: Movement seems pretty decent with the Gamepad, but the jumping feels so delayed!

Robin64

(just like the Wii Fit U trial if you delete it you can't redownload it, annoying in the case of the former as it the trial version you unlock, you are not given a full version download).

...really? Fuck. I just deleted it to clear some space, thinking I can grab it again later when I want it back.

Xenoboy

This is one of the better weeks in a long time.
Physical Wooly World will be mine though.
I'll check Knytt now that it's discounted...
again

RiggyRob

...really? Fuck. I just deleted it to clear some space, thinking I can grab it again later when I want it back.

Yep, unfortunately you're screwed now:

Just a PSA, since it might crop up - if you're trying to make room for Metroid Prime Trilogy and you're thinking of deleting Wii Fit U (the full version you unlocked with the Wii Fit meter), don't - it appears that the Wii Fit U unlocked version is an extension of the Trial version, which has since been removed and can't be redownloaded, which would mean you'd have to pay £30 for the full version from the eShop to get it again.

It's annoying since Wii Fit U takes up 4.7GB, which is a sizeable amount for anyone not using an external hard drive like myself.

Simbabbad

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards is an amazing game, and everyone should buy it.
Its charm is off the roof and the power merging mechanics is hilarious, but gameplay-wise it's not really exciting. The "have the right power you can grab in another world or you can't collect this shard" thing is annoying.

Not sure if I'll buy it again. But if you've never played it, it is indeed charming.

Pokemaniac

Brain Training and two Kirby games?

I wonder if purchasers of the free Brain Training version will get an update and if this will include people who deleted it (just like the Wii Fit U trial if you delete it you can't redownload it, annoying in the case of the former as it the trial version you unlock, you are not given a full version download).

Also Yoshi Touch and Go isn't on the EU eShop yet? I recently got a boxed version (water damaged on the back and the box has some the plastic shell missing ugh...) as I found the price to be similar. I need to see what happens if you try to picotochat search function on the 3DS (the game has an option to auto search for open pictochat rooms...Nintendo thought this would be something, huh). Is that the only way to get pictochat on a 3DS (I'm guessing pictochat is part of the Yoshi touch and go ROM)?

I'm pleased Koei-Tecmo gave us something that resembles the actual exchange rate rather than 2008 level. Although it is probably a PR gaffe (ala Fantasy Zone :( ). Shame that didn't carry through to the DLC.

Yes you can? I'm fairly certain it's in my download list, at least (the trial version, that is).

Also, since this may be relevant, IIRC software received via Nintendo pushing it out to everyone's Wii Us is "owned" by the console, and not by an individual NNID. This means it only shows up under the "Software on this Console" tab of the download list.

zigg

Yes you can? I'm fairly certain it's in my download list, at least (the trial version, that is).
Same here, in the US. I haven't looked recently, but I was having trouble with it at one point (Wii U needed a board replaced) and removed and redownloaded it a few times while troubleshooting. That was mid-last year.

terrisus

The "have the right power you can grab in another world or you can't collect this shard" thing is annoying.

Meh, that never really bothered me much.
It's not like you have to get them all to progress or something.

Play through the game normally, getting the shards that you can, and just have fun.
Then, once you're done with that, if you want, go back and get the shards that you missed.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Splatoon if you want more of a multiplayer experience (& it seems a bunch more weapons & maps will be added over the months), Tropical Freeze if you want a single player experience, though Splatoon has a decent Single Player mode, plus the amiibo stuff if you can get them.

cacildo

This week, in Europe

Wii U

Cube Life: Island Survival £5.39 (€6.99)
largehaum9.jpg

Oh hi

Ive been away for a few weeks and ive just noticed that now the WiiU has not one but two Minecraft clones

I mean, at least i think this Island Surival and the other one are Minecraft clones... because ive never played minecraft, and i really dont understand it

Anyway, have you played any of those? This Island Survival isnt expensive, its like $6 on the canadian eshop... should i give it a try? Or the other one? The miiverse communities seem to be pretty popular...

Based on the fact the Splatoon's community is now on fire and you can buy DKC:TF even much later (since you already waited so long), I would say Splatoon.

Splatoon if you want more of a multiplayer experience (& it seems a bunch more weapons & maps will be added over the months), Tropical Freeze if you want a single player experience, though Splatoon has a decent Single Player story, plus the amiibo stuff if you can get them.

Both good points.

Altho, this will be the 3rd game I put DKC:TF off for.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I should've said "mode" instead of "story" for Splatoon, but it's still fun.

DKC TF also sometimes goes on sale on the eShop if you want it digitally. I just got it from Club Nintendo's final rewards a few months ago.

Simbabbad

Meh, that never really bothered me much.
It's not like you have to get them all to progress or something.
But then you miss the 02 fight, which is among the best things about the game (not necessarily gameplay-wise, but in the "oh GOD" way).

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, the idea to merge powers was brilliant and is very funny (despite the powers not having actual movesets), but the hidden shards could have been better implemented.

I have already redownloaded the Wii Fit U trial once. There was no problem.
The trial has no dedicated page any more, though, so it's probably why people think they can't download it again. I didn't know there was a list of stuff you downloaded, from where you could get it again.

Based on the fact the Splatoon's community is now on fire and you can buy DKC:TF even much later (since you already waited so long), I would say Splatoon.
This. I paused the time I spent on Splatoon to play other stuff, and it sort of feels weird going back to it because people have progressed without you.

terrisus

I have a dilemma.

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze or Splatoon?

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

But then, I have no interest at all in Splatoon, and no plans to buy it at any point.

But then you miss the 02 fight, which is among the best things about the game (not necessarily gameplay-wise, but in the "oh GOD" way).

Don't get me wrong, I love the game, the idea to merge powers was brilliant and is very funny (despite the powers not having actual movesets), but the hidden shards could have been better implemented.

Well, sure.

But it's still a spectacular game, and still definitely a must-buy.

m0t0k1

So Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3 eshop only? asked a couple of gameshops if i could buy the game but knew nothing about it.

pariah164

If you're having a bad day, read this and revel in my idiocy. You'll feel better.

Dropped my 3DS in water this morning. Grabbed it out of the water in two seconds, dried off with a towel and motor fan. Then turned it on like an idiot to see if it was working, realized how STUPID that was, turned it off, took the back cover off (to see a few spots of water underneath, joy) and stuck it in a bag of Success Rice. Battery was dry, so maybe the water didn't reach it but. Ugh.

Hopefully, by this time tomorrow, I'll have a working 3DS XL. If not, rip in peace my eShop games. T_T

foltzie1

If you're having a bad day, read this and revel in my idiocy. You'll feel better.

Dropped my 3DS in water this morning. Grabbed it out of the water in two seconds, dried off with a towel and motor fan. Then turned it on like an idiot to see if it was working, realized how STUPID that was, turned it off, took the back cover off (to see a few spots of water underneath, joy) and stuck it in a bag of Success Rice. Battery was dry, so maybe the water didn't reach it but. Ugh.

Hopefully, by this time tomorrow, I'll have a working 3DS XL. If not, rip in peace my eShop games. T_T

Small solace, if you do have a dead 3ds XL, Nintendo will transfer if you call them.

Robin64

Though others already have, I'd like to just confirm that my deleted Wii Fit U Trial is still available to download again.

Top Bottom