• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Are we in NA ever getting the other Wii games released on VC?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I wish 3rd parties would join. Atlus got to re-release Trauma Team in Japan, which would be great to re-experience. Capcom could re-release Okami and Zack & Wiki. No More Heroes would also be cool to see added.

.....uh, I guess Sega could re-release Madworld so more people could play it. Oh, & Sonic Colors (though we'll also see Secret Rings & Black Knight).

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I wish 3rd parties would join. Atlus got to re-release Trauma Team in Japan, which would be great to re-experience. Capcom could re-release Okami and Zack & Wiki. No More Heroes would also be cool to see added.

.....uh, I guess Sega could re-release Madworld so more people could play it. Oh, & Sonic Colors (though we'll also see Secret Rings & Black Knight).

Agreed, but there's no reason why we still don't have Kirby: RtD, The Last Story, etc.

rjc571

Banned
Exactly.

The 3D Classics I'd recommend are Space Harrier, Super Hang-On and obviously Out Run, all fair, brilliant games that make marvellous use of the 3DS's 3D effect. I have also bought Sonic, Streets of Rage, Galaxy Force II and After Burner, but the first two aren't really better than any other version, and the last two are pretty poor gameplay-wise, way too shallow and/or unfair (despite Galaxy Force II's 3D being impressive).

Galaxy Force is great though, its gameplay may seem somewhat shallow but it's extremely satisfying to master and unlike Afterburner you have a fighting chance since you can actually see from where stuff is coming at you. Plus, it just looks SO COOL.

Bowl0l

Forget about it. NoA thinks DS games on WiiU is more important. Probably an insider told NoA NX is not having b/c so NoA wants to save the resources to port to NX instead.

Forget about it. NoA thinks DS games on WiiU is more important. Probably an insider told NoA NX is not having b/c so NoA wants to save the resources to port to NX instead.

I swear if they trickle VC again; NX will be the first Nintendo console I don't buy.

Simbabbad

Galaxy Force is great though, its gameplay may seem somewhat shallow but it's extremely satisfying to master and unlike Afterburner you have a fighting chance since you can actually see from where stuff is coming at you. Plus, it just looks SO COOL.
Oh it's much better than After Burner, that's for sure, and it also looks tons better. But to me gameplay-wise Space Harrier, Super Hang-On and Out Run are really a good chunk above it, they're better balanced and more fun.

But if you like pixel 3D eye candy, I guess it can be very impressive and worth it. I enjoyed it a lot first, but then the gameplay was just not enough for me.

wilflare

Shinobi III, Altered Beast, & Streets of Rage does. If anything, I think the only ones that're "endless" are Space Harrier & Super Hang-On.

Also, EVERY 3D Sega allow you to use save states.

just missing Shinobi III and Ecco... probably need to top-up my eShop credit.
already got the rest

Bowl0l

Now why would my friend's uncle go and say something like that?

If it's true, i will buy NX when it's successor comes out. I will also buy all Nintendo games 2nd hand.

I swear if they trickle VC again; NX will be the first Nintendo console I don't buy.
Depending on games, I might get NX.
If it's all mostly Android/iOS ports, I will ready my popcorn to see the fallout in gaf. It will be a historical moment.

TheMoon

Agreed, but there's no reason why we still don't have Kirby: RtD, The Last Story, etc.

Nobody has The Last Story.

There are no resources necessary because these games are not ports. They are simply digital versions of Wii games. Dump the ISO onto the eShop, scan the manual, create a launcher and you're done. Hence why it's not Virtual Console or anything. They do 0 work on these games from a software standpoint.

Because you buy new consoles to play old games you already probably have on the other systems?

Got a source on that?

And if it's the same one I'm seeing... hrm, Puzzle Quest and Terraria. I'll allow it.

They made Proun+ which is amazing.

Because you buy new consoles to play old games you already probably have on the other systems?

Nah. Not at all. The point is, is that they haven't learned anything. So if something this simple hasn't been fixed by them, then I don't expect Nintendo to have learned anything from their mistakes.

Simbabbad

Nah. Not at all. The point is, is that they haven't learned anything. So if something this simple hasn't been fixed by them, then I don't expect Nintendo to have learned anything from their mistakes.
Er, what?! Nintendo is the only one who persists in doing 100% backward compatibility, including for old controllers. Maybe they're evaluating it may not be worth it, after all, and complicates matters way too much. I wouldn't be shocked if NX took a new turn that would make backward compatibility a nightmare.

Think about it: the NX would have to deal with the Wii U gamepad accessory, the Wiimote, the nunchuk, the balance board, the various classic controller, etc. to be backward compatible. It'd be insane, especially for the Wii U gamepad. At this point a fresh start is not only an acceptable option, it's a likely one and the sanest.

And I like the gamepad.

Simbabbad

EDIT: Sorry, I got mislead by Bowl0l who talked about b/c, I see you were talking about VC from the start.

But even concerning VC, how are Xbox games on Xbox One? PS1/PS2 games on PS4? Wasn't Silent Hill PS1 running horribly on PS3? On both the b/c and VC front, Nintendo is doing much more than the others, not less, they're an anomaly in both content and quality.

jholmes

An update: I couldn't find any copies of Yo Noid in town, so I picked up that Rare classic Narc instead. Hilarious.

I just turned on my Wii U for the first time in a few months, is there anything I should get besides Splatoon?

Adventures of Pip, maybe? EarthBound Beginnings? Definitely the Smash DLC. Really, it depends what you're into.

Simbabbad

I was originally talking about VC. You brought up backwards compatibility. I then said that Nintendo doesn't do it correctly.
Yes, sorry, I edited my comment while you posted this.

Still, as I say in my edited post, Nintendo isn't behind competition in regard to VC. Honestly I find the things people argue about regarding VC to be quite minor.

An update: I couldn't find any copies of Yo Noid in town, so I picked up that Rare classic Narc instead. Hilarious.

Adventures of Pip, maybe? EarthBound Beginnings? Definitely the Smash DLC. Really, it depends what you're into.

Thanks, I'll check those out. Adventures of Pip looks neat.

I have an extra code since I have two Club Nintendo accounts:

ModBot said:
Instructions for crimsonheadGCN:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crimsonheadGCN, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

x0NgVuQ.png
Flipnote Studio 3D (Nintendo 3DS eShop) -- MB-9FB1C6EECFECB18E - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.

t1435481583z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1054904.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Flipnote Studio 3D -- MB-67491184AFFE0E11

t1435531864z1.png

pariah164

I sold a bunch of old games to a local shop that specializes in vintage/retro games. It came out to $200. I took it as a sign.

New 3DS XL get. System is better in the best ways possible. Sadly, it's a fingerprint magnet, so I'll have to buy a skin for it eventually. Not pictured: Xenoblade Chronicles 3D, which I also picked up.

Richie

Out of the blue, I can't feel but wonder what on Earth happened to the Wii games on NoA's eShop. We only got the first three then jack. I'd have sworn they were gonna unleash 'em all at once during E3, a lá DKC Day.

Pokemaniac

Small PSA: Sometime between September 2014 and now something about either the Wii U OS or the Hulu app changed so that the system REALLY doesn't like it if you try to copy or move the Hulu app between storage devices. You'll get a scary error code if you try to do so. I found this while doing my (not so) routine Wii U hard drive backup. Not sure if I should make a thread about this for more visibility or not.

JoeM86

I don't have access to the PR yet but according to NintenDaan, three Wii U VC titles: Zelda Ocarina of Time, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon and Advance Wars 2

tolkir

Little preview of this week's releases:

Wii U

- Roving Rogue (€7.99)

3DS

- Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains (€29.99)
- Yakari: The Mystery of Four-Seasons (€29.99)
- Karous - The Beast of Re:Eden - (€5.99)
- Fantasy Pirates (€1.99)
- Paddington: Adventures in London (€29.99)
- Mighty Gunvolt (€3.49)

scamander

Banned
Yeah, not surprised. If they thought Donkey Kong 64 has too much text for the NA version, there was no chance in hell we'd get the NTSC version of OoT. At least this one has a superior remake.

Yeah, not surprised. If they thought Donkey Kong 64 has too much text for the NA version, there was no chance in hell we'd get the NTSC version of OoT. At least this one has a superior remake.
But they gave us a 60Hz version in French and German back in 2003. It was free with the first print run of Wind Waker as well. Plus it came with Master Quest.

12 years on and they give us the 50Hz version despite knowing full well how much that annoys people. It must be done on purpose by now.

scamander

Banned
But they gave us a 60Hz version in French and German back in 2003. It was free with the first print run of Wind Waker as well. Plus it came with Master Quest.

12 years on and they give us the 50Hz version despite knowing full well how much that annoys people. It must be done on purpose by now.

Maybe it's not as easy to take that for technical reasons. We don't know the way they handled emulation back then, do we?

Top Bottom