• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2015

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I bet the 3D Classics sale is to celebrate the fact July is getting Streets of Rage 2, then August getting GUNSTAR HEROES YEEEESSSS then Sept. is Sonic 2.

It'll be interesting to see if it includes the Wave 2 stuff like the Fantasy Zone games, Outrun, & such. I just know I'll nab Sonic (might as well go for a complete 3D Sonic collection, plus it has the spin dash so it's worth replaying) and Galaxy Force II after all the positive response on GAF.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
It mentions only Sonic & SoR, both of which were Wave 1 games. Wave 2 came out between Jan. & May, so I imagine some of them might be "too new".

RiggyRob

What are the chances of Star Fox 3D and Paper Mario on the Wii U VC going on sale (and if so how much do we all think the discount will be) when their respective new games release?

I suddenly fancy playing an arcadey style Star Fox game or getting around to buying Paper Mario, but I realised I could probably hold off and wait for a better deal instead of impulse buying.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
I could've sworn Star Fox 3D has gone on sale on the 3DS eShop a few times. We've yet to see N64 games on the Wii U go on sale.

GulAtiCa

Don't count on VC games going on sale. Those are rare. Been a few, here and there, of course. But I wouldn't count on a new Nintendo sale, esp since they just had a sale. Maybe in Nov/Dec.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
The only company I see put VC titles on sale is Capcom & waaaay back when Nintendo did those 30 cent sales.

Pokemaniac

What are the chances of Star Fox 3D and Paper Mario on the Wii U VC going on sale (and if so how much do we all think the discount will be) when their respective new games release?

I suddenly fancy playing an arcadey style Star Fox game or getting around to buying Paper Mario, but I realised I could probably hold off and wait for a better deal instead of impulse buying.

It's possible, but very unlikely. It would be better to wait for the next big Nintendo sale. Also, I think Star Fox 64 3D was just on sale as part of the E3 sale.

RiggyRob

I could've sworn Star Fox 3D has gone on sale on the 3DS eShop a few times. We've yet to see N64 games on the Wii U go on sale.

Don't count on VC games going on sale. Those are rare. Been a few, here and there, of course. But I wouldn't count on a new Nintendo sale, esp since they just had a sale. Maybe in Nov/Dec.

It's possible, but very unlikely. It would be better to wait for the next big Nintendo sale. Also, I think Star Fox 64 3D was just on sale as part of the E3 sale.

You're right, Star Fox 3D was on sale for E3 for £28, down from £40 ¬_¬

Superstar Saga got a sale too, so they might not consider Paper Mario 'valid' for a sale (since it is technically a Mario & Luigi game).

Guess I'll just chance my arm on eBay instead.

cyba89

Advice for EU: When you delete your free version of Kawashima you can redownload the updated Virtual console version from the eshop for free.

maxcriden

Any thoughts on shiftlings or star fox command?

Speaking of SF, beat Andross on the easy path in SF3D. Solidly fun but I haaaate that no permasave system. I liked the game otherwise.

RiggyRob

Any thoughts on shiftlings or star fox command?

Speaking of SF, beat Andross on the easy path in SF3D. Solidly fun but I haaaate that no permasave system. I liked the game otherwise.

Which mode did you play it on? I was sure you can carry on if you lose too many lives in 3DS mode compared to N64 mode, no?

sörine

Banned
Nintendo just put some VC games on sale last week.
There was also Nintendo's Smash character game sales last fall, which included Capcom (Mega Man), Bandai Namco (Pac-Man) and Sega (Sonic) VC games on Wii U and 3DS.

Way back on Wii VC Sega also sonehow managed to do a sale on some their Genesis games once.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, I keep forgetting Nintendo DOES do sales, but it's usually for the same games.

Will have to see what 3D Classics games are up after I finish my college final. Still deciding if I should get Space Harrier &/or Super-Hang On along with Sonic & Galaxy Force II.

Coppanuva

The Sega 3D Classics are only $2.99 hnnnnnggghhhh

Speaking of, which are worth picking up? I have Shinobi 3, and of the other ones I've only played the original Sonic way back when on the Genesis. I was always more of a Sonic 2 guy, but if this updates the game more (spindash please?) I may be interested.

zroid

Banned
The ones on sale are Streets of Rage, Space Harrier, Shinobi III, Galaxy Force II, Ecco the Dolphin, Altered Beast, Sonic the Hedgehog, and Super Hang-On

Speaking of, which are worth picking up? I have Shinobi 3, and of the other ones I've only played the original Sonic way back when on the Genesis. I was always more of a Sonic 2 guy, but if this updates the game more (spindash please?) I may be interested.

Never played it but I've heard 3D Galaxy Force II is fantastic. Going to get that along with Space Harrier... for now.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I might get Partners in Time. I know it's regarded as the worst M&L game, but it's one of the few DS titles I never got a chance to play that I wanted to.

Xenoboy

Isn't the 3DS one the worst?

I thought PiT was regarded as the worst.
Most people usually only complain of the pacing issues that DT have and unskippable tutorials.
It does have excellent gameplay, which PiT on the hand doesn't really have.
And anything beats the Shroobs
, seriously fuck the Shroobs...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
OutRun. Drop everything and get OutRun.
AKA one of the ones NOT on sale. ;p

But yeah it's all the Wave 1 games. Wave 2 (After Burner II, both Fantasy Zone titles, Thunder Blade, & Outrun) aren't on sale since they were released this year between the months of Jan to May.

tolkir

Week finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• Baila Latino (O2 Games | $19.90 until 07/14, then $29.90)
  • Puzzle Monkeys (Log Games | $1.49 until 07/23, then $2.99)
  • Stone Shire (Finger Gun Games | $3.99 until 08/01, then $7.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• 3D Altered Beast (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • 3D Ecco the Dolphin (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • 3D Galaxy Force II (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • 3D Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • 3D Sonic The Hedgehog (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • 3D Space Harrier (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • 3D Streets of Rage (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • 3D Super Hang-On (Sega | $2.99 until 07/02, then $5.99)
  • Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains (Atlus | $29.99 until 07/14, then $39.99)
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB | $3.99 until 07/02, then $7.99)
  • Big Hero 6 Battle in the Bay (GameMill Ent. | $19.99 Permanent, was $29.99) Upcoming 06/26
  • Conception II: Children of the Seven Stars (Atlus | $29.99 Permanent, was $39.99) Upcoming 06/29
  • Pyramids (Enjoy Gaming | $1.99 Permanent, was $3.99)

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

vYU92.png

• Yoshi's Woolly World (Nintendo | €39.99 | £34.99 with free code for Yoshi Touch & Go until 07/23) Upcoming 06/26
  • Art Academy: Atelier (Nintendo | €26.00 | £21.40 if you own Art Academy: SketchPad, else €29.99 | £24.99) Upcoming 06/26
    PS_WiiU_YoshisWoollyWorld_UKV_search_thumb.jpg
    PS_WiiU_ArtAcademyAtelier_UKV_search_thumb.jpg

Wii U | Sales

• Knytt Underground, Ripstone Publishing – £3.99 (€4.49) until 2nd July 2015, normally £7.99 (€8.99)
  • Paper Monsters Recut, Mobot Studios – £2.79 (€3.29) until 2nd July 2015, normally £5.49 (€6.49)
  • Pure Chess, Ripstone Publishing – £2.49 (€2.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.99 (€5.99)
  • Stick it to the Man, Ripstone Publishing – £3.49 (€3.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £6.99 (€7.99)
  • Puzzle Monkeys, Log Games – £1.49 (€1.49) until 23rd July 2015, normally £2.99 (€2.99)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Samurai Warriors: Chronicles 3 (Tecmo Koei Games)
    Extra Edit Parts 1 (€3.99 | £3.99)
    Extra Edit Parts 2 (€5.99 | £5.99)
    Extra Edit Parts 3 (€6.99 | £6.99)
    Extra Edit Parts 4 (€6.99 | £6.99)
    Extra Edit Parts 5 (€6.99 | £6.99)
    Extra Edit Parts Set (€21.99 | £21.99)
    Extra Special Edit Parts 1 (€0.99 | £0.99)
    Extra Special Edit Parts 2 (€0.99 | £0.99)
    Extra Mount Pack 1 (€1.99 | £1.99)
    Extra Mount Pack 2 (€1.99 | £1.99)
    Extra Mount Pack Set (€2.99 | £2.99)
    Extra Old Costumes 1 (€2.99 | £2.99)
    Extra Old Costumes 2 (€1.99 | £1.99)
    Extra Old Costumes 3 (€1.99 | £1.99)
    Extra Old Costumes 4 (€1.99 | £1.99)
    Extra Old Costumes Set (€6.99 | £6.99)
    Extra Special Costumes 1 (€7.99 | £7.99)
    Extra Special Costumes 2 (€7.99 | £7.99)
    Extra Special Costumes 3 (€7.99 | £7.99)
    Extra Special Costumes 4 (€7.99 | £7.99)
    Extra Special Costumes 5 (€3.99 | £3.99)
    Extra Special Costumes Set (€29.99 | £29.99)
    Extra BGM Set (€2.99 | £2.99)
    Extra Scenario Set (€4.99 | £4.99)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Shin Megami Tensei IV, ATLUS – £8.99 (€9.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £17.99 (€19.99)
  • Aqua Moto Racing 3D, Zordix AB – £3.39 (€3.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £7.19 (€7.99)
  • Pure Chess, Ripstone Publishing – £2.49 (€2.99) until 2nd July 2015, normally £4.99 (€5.99)
  • Van Helsing Sniper ZX100, EnjoyUp Games – £3.49 (€3.49) until 19th July 2015, normally £6.66 (€6.66)

uxwGK.png

• Punch-Out!! (Nintendo | ¥1,890 until 07/08, then ¥2,700)
    WUPVACJ.png

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Zeeman

I'm tempted to grab Star Fox Command purely because of what I've seen of the various endings, which all appear to be batshit insane

GulAtiCa

There's "inspired by" and then there's Cube Life.

Geez...
At least it works and has a lot.
Stone Shire has just an empty small barren "world" with nothing to do for $8!

Better to be a direct clone that features near everything then a clone that features nothing.. Lol

Robin64

Better to be a direct clone that features near everything then a clone that features nothing.. Lol

Some of those icons are lifted pixel for pixel, though. Crazy what you can get away with, haha.

Nice they got it working and stuff, though.

GulAtiCa

Some of those icons are lifted pixel for pixel, though. Crazy what you can get away with, haha.

Nice they got it working and stuff, though.

Btw, how is your game stuff coming along? Haven't seen any new postings about your potential games in a while.

Morts

How ugly is Dtar Fox Command on a big TV? I remember it being the second best Star Fox, and it seems like it could play decently on Wii U.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Isn't the 3DS one the worst?

Haven't played Dream Team (and don't intend to, for the next couple of years at least) bur PiT is the very definition of a middling, average game, bit boring too and drags too much overstaying its welcome. I've finished Bowser's Inside Story this week and even tho it's much better and a good game, it cemented my opinion that Superstar Saga was the best, a great game and all you'll really need as far as this franchise goes... it didn't need a sequel and for as many new attacks and gimmicks you can throw in, in the end the games are all very same-y,

ZSaberLink

Media Create Maven

I actually was looking over some of the nintendo indie corner stuff and noticed there's a dev chat with you in it :) (didn't have the time to listen to much of it, but I also noticed the Stone Shire dev was there in that same chat lol)

Also any impressions of Never Alone? Heard it's really pretty but kind of broken/glitchy?

Also seems like an indie game called Roving Rogue is releasing on the eShop on 7/2.

Top Bottom