• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2016

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Still no fucking Pinball Arcade for EU... what a (not funny) joke.

Btw, have they even released more tables after the initial release on WiiU USA?

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Thanks, gents. I have Kay for PS2 I think, so...I'll hold off, then.

Still debating on Xenodrifter. Thanks to whiterabbit for your impressions of that one...did you end up liking it once you got a better sense of what to do in it?

I think Xeodrifter is a really mediocre game: something we've seen done better (and cheaper) a million times in the past few years with indie releases. I have it on PS4 as a PS+ game and I even uninstalled it.

TheMoon

Still debating on Xenodrifter. Thanks to whiterabbit for your impressions of that one...did you end up liking it once you got a better sense of what to do in it?

Xeo, not Xeno. :D

I wonder how many sales they lost because people typed in Xenodrifter and went away :D

maxcriden

I think Xeodrifter is a really mediocre game: something we've seen done better (and cheaper) a million times in the past few years with indie releases. I have it on PS4 as a PS+ game and I even uninstalled it.

$5 better saved, then. Grazie, Dash.

Xeo, not Xeno. :D

I wonder how many sales they lost because people typed in Xenodrifter and went away :D

I think sometimes I've typed it correctly. Maybe....

TheMoon

The gif and the asking can finally stop tomorrow. Thank you.

#SMRPG
#NA
#itshappening

what's the next releasebeg game?

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh right, Boxboxboy is out tomorrow as well. I keep forgetting that along with the fact I have it pre-loaded to go so I can play as soon as I wake up.

Also, I would gladly rebuy Super Mario RPG if it meant I could have a portable version.

RedBoot

what's the next releasebeg game?

Been waiting for Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon myself (since Europe got it roughly one year ago). Thought it might happen last week or this week because of TMS, but nope.

That being said, the best releasebeg game at this point is basically the rest of Square Enix's SNES output, which numbers 15+ amazing games at this point, most of which we never got on the Wii VC either. We can dream, I suppose...

I would recommend it. Xeodrifter is a fun little 'Metroidvania' and I believe it's available on both systems...you'll even get some gold coins for it, I think.

I enjoyed it a lot when I finally got around to trying it out again.

I would recommend it. Xeodrifter is a fun little 'Metroidvania' and I believe it's available on both systems...you'll even get some gold coins for it, I think.

Yeah I would agree with this. The power ups are neat and I couldn't put tit down until I was finished with it.

TheMoon

not just that, it's also cross-buy.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Xeodrifter is based as fuck.

Is it Guacamelee or Ori? No

It's charming in it's own way though as it's simpler and stripped down.

The main complaint I could see is it's short. For $5 though I'd cop.

Massa

Hey guys and gals, quick My Nintendo question.

I want to buy the DKC Tropical Freeze discount with gold coins, it says it expires July 1. Does that only mean I have to buy the discount before then, or do I have to actually buy the game too?

Zeeman

Well, I'm glad I already owned Super Mario RPG on the Wii and can just pay the $1.50 transfer fee, because it's $11.29 in Canada

Pokemaniac

Hey guys and gals, quick My Nintendo question.

I want to buy the DKC Tropical Freeze discount with gold coins, it says it expires July 1. Does that only mean I have to buy the discount before then, or do I have to actually buy the game too?

From the fine print:
This discount is valid through 11:59 p.m. PT, July 31, 2016.

zroid

Banned
SMRPG FUCK YESSSSSS

ONE LAST CRYINGMALLOW.GIF FOR OLD TIMES SAKE

mallow-crying-super-m9qr5o.gif

TheMoon

Paranautical Activity is actually really addictive. I would recommend Ziggurat though. Same premise, MUCH better.

but neither have Wiimote aiming -__-

seriously, devs. what the fuck.

it being 6 bucks on steam during the sale right now instead of 15 on Wii U also doesn't help :/

bonus points for all these options though (from actual Wii U version):
source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZeH6yhaCnXw (seems to run or strive for 60fps as well)

Have they ever considered releasing Pokemon Pinball on 3DS eShop? :(
Not making this available seems really odd to me.

How would we know? :)

Orgen

PSA: NISA is starting to delist games from PSN so... maybe it's time to pick all the discounted games they put on the eshop!!! Man. my wallet!!!!

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
PSA: NISA is starting to delist games from PSN so... maybe it's time to pick all the discounted games they put on the eshop!!! Man. my wallet!!!!
Wait, what?

*checks Gaming* Oh, NIS Europe? I see a thread on Dragon's Crown being removed from the EU PSN.

L~A

NA:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS

- LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens – The LEGO video game franchise triumphantly returns on Wii U and Nintendo 3DS with a fun-filled, humorous journey based on the blockbuster film. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that bridges the story gap between Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS

- BOXBOXBOY! – It’s time to think outside the box once again. Our boxy hero, Qbby, has a new power that lets him duplicate his blocky bod into TWO sets of boxes. He’ll put every box to use to survive perilous traps across numerous puzzling levels. Learn new tricks and box formations to get past obstacles, like switches, spikes and even lasers!
- Monster Hunter Generations – Special Demo – Now available on Nintendo eShop, experience the most dynamic Monster Hunter game yet! This hefty demo will offer you three main quests that you can take on either solo or co-op (local or online!), along with a selection of basic tutorials for newcomers. Additional demo and system required for multiplayer mode. System sold separately.
- The Battle Cats POP! – Rampage across the globe with weird ’n’ wild cats in an exciting tower defense adventure. Collect hundreds of fightin’ cats to power up your army, take down bizarre and hilarious enemies and win glorious treasure. Click here to see the trailer.
- Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma – Series mastermind Kotaro Uchikoshi has pulled out all the stops to deliver the most compelling and mind-shredding gaming experience ever seen on a hand-held platform. Choice is your only method of salvation and your only means of escape. How much of your humanity will you sacrifice to earn your freedom? Click here to see the trailer.

Virtual Console on Wii U

- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars – A mysterious enemy named Smithy has appeared, forcing Mario and Bowser to fight together as allies. In this beloved Super NES collaboration between Nintendo and RPG masterminds Square Enix, journey across a wide variety of locations and tackle a mixture of obstacles that will require both timing and strategy. Gain experience, grow more powerful and meet memorable characters to take down Smithy and his gang.

Nintendo eShop sales:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- ZaciSa’s Last Stand is more than 70 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.19) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 29.
- VoxelMaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 4.

- Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 11.
- Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2.24) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 21.
- Epic Word Search Collection 2 is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 7.
- The Delusions of Von Sottendorf and His Squared Mind is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 14.

New DLC:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- Minecraft: Story Mode, A Telltale Game Series – Continue the story with our intrepid heroes in Episodes 2-5, now available for purchase. A Season Pass is also available for purchase, which includes access to all remaining episodes in the Minecraft: Story Mode, A Telltale Game Series game, a five-part episodic game series set in the world of Minecraft.

- Hyrule Warriors Legends – Link’s Awakening Pack – Get ready for the next battle! Join the next wave of legendary heroes and continue the fight with new downloadable content. New content available includes playable character Marin from the The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening game, a new weapon for Linkle, a new map for adventure mode, two new Challenge Battles and 16 new My Fairy Costume pieces.

Activities:

Nintendo Badge Arcade – Fill your HOME Menu with fun and try out Rhythm Heaven Megamix machines in Nintendo Badge Arcade. Also receive one free play from June 30 to July 3, and another free play from July 4 to July 6! Learn more at http://badgearcade.nintendo.com/.

Also new this week:

- Runbow – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- Prism Pets (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- INVANOID (Nintendo eShop on Wii U)
- 7th Dragon III Code: VFD – Demo Version (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Nintendo eShop on Wii U

- Minecraft: Story Mode, A Telltale Game Series – Continue the story with our intrepid heroes in Episodes 2-5, now available for purchase. A Season Pass is also available for purchase, which includes access to all remaining episodes in the Minecraft: Story Mode, A Telltale Game Series game, a five-part episodic game series set in the world of Minecraft.

I was actually wondering when Wii U would've seen the other episodes' releases. Everything in one single day, it seems. I wonder when the new episodes will be released as well, then.

n64coder

Glad that those people who like SMRPG are hyped about the release on Wii U. Personally, I never got into SMRPG even though I enjoyed M&L DS/3DS series and the Paper Mario games.

I'll be picking up BoxBoxBoy today.

maxcriden

BBB OT going up soon. I only have $9 and change in my eShop wallet. I need more $$ in order to use my JFY Metroid Trilogy discount I just got. Anyone want to trade my Yoshi's Woolly World for your eShop cred?

Yeah I would agree with this. The power ups are neat and I couldn't put tit down until I was finished with it.

Xeodrifter is based as fuck.

Is it Guacamelee or Ori? No

It's charming in it's own way though as it's simpler and stripped down.

The main complaint I could see is it's short. For $5 though I'd cop.

Bought Xeodrifter. Thanks to the kind recommendations of those above.

Sorry Dash, you were outvoted this time. :) But I appreciate your advice nonetheless!

Edit: BBB OT: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1240950

ngower

Is the Monster Hunter demo the same one they showed at E3 where it was that sorta arena-style mode? Or is it traditional go-out-in-the-field stuff?

PtM

Banned
Is the Monster Hunter demo the same one they showed at E3 where it was that sorta arena-style mode? Or is it traditional go-out-in-the-field stuff?
iirc, I tried it out a few weeks ago and it's like the other MH demos.

tolkir

Week 26 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo)
    Legends of Hyrule Pack ($9.99)
    Character Pack ($12.99)
    Link's Awakening Pack ($4.99)
  • Minecraft: Story Mode
    Episode 2-5 ($4.99 each one)
    Season Pass ($19.99) *Episodes 1-5*

• Runbow (13AM Games | Demo)

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• ZaciSa’s Last Stand is more than 70 percent off (reduced from $3.99 to $1.19) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 29.
  • VoxelMaker is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 4.

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Hyrule Warriors Legends (Nintendo)
    Link's Awakening Pack ($6.99)
    Link's Awakening Pack ($8.99) *Bundle Nintendo 3DS + Wii U*

• Monster Hunter Generations (Capcom | Demo)
  • 7th Dragon III Code: VFD (Sega | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Etrian Mystery Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 11.
  • Fun! Fun! Minigolf TOUCH! is 25 percent off (reduced from $2.99 to $2.24) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 21.
  • Epic Word Search Collection 2 is 25 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $5.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 7.
  • The Delusions of Von Sottendorf and His Squared Mind is more than 35 percent off (reduced from $12.99 to $7.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 14.

vYU92.png

• Hyrule Warriors (Nintendo)
    Legends of Hyrule Pack (€9.99 | £8.99)
    Character Pack (€11.99 | £10.79)
    Link's Awakening Pack (€4.99 | £4.49)

• Runbow (13AM Games | Demo)

Wii U | Sales

• Joe's Diner (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.77 (Ends July 14, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends July 14, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • 99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends July 28, normally €2.49/£2.29)
  • Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends July 28, normally €1.99/£1.79)
  • Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.95/£4.45 (Ends July 28, normally €7.99/£7.19)
  • ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions) - €0.89/£0.68 (Ends July 28, normally €2.99/£2.29)

• Hyrule Warriors Legends (Nintendo)
    Link's Awakening Pack (€6.99 | £6.29)
    Link's Awakening Pack (€8.99 | £8.09) *Bundle Nintendo 3DS + Wii U*
  • Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Map 9: Anna on the Run (€1.99 | £1.79) *Included in Map Pack 1*

• Monster Hunter Generations (Capcom | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Epic Word Search Collection 2 (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends July 7, normally €7.99/£5.99)
  • Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 7, normally €9.99/£8.99)
  • Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends July 14, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €3.99/£2.89 (Ends July 14, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.49/£2.99 (Ends July 14, normally €5.99/£3.99)
  • Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €2.99/£2.13 (Ends July 14, normally €6.99/£4.99)
  • Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends July 28, normally €2.99/£2.69)
  • Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends July 28, normally €2.99/£2.36)

uxwGK.png

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

foltzie1

Something I've not noticed before, if you log into the Nintendo website page for a VC game the Wii discount will be displayed if you are logged into MyNintendo your Nintendo Account at the time.

Edit: Mea Culpa

Top Bottom