• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - June 2016

TheMoon

Any word on Majora's Mask's performance? I'm expecting it to pretty accurate, colours aside, and hopefully not like the GameCube version mess.

Why would it perform like the GCN version when it was already on Wii VC and I don't recall there ever being performance problems beyond the inherent ones.

G0523

Huh. I'm surprised there aren't any Sonic sales on the eShop. They've done them in the past on Sonic's anniversary.

tolkir

Week 25 finished

7f5TM.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Wii U | Virtual Console and Wii Software

Wii U | Sales

• 99Moves and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 21.
  • Sweetest Thing and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Turtle Tale is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 7.
  • Citizens of Earth and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 4.
  • Vector Assault is 20 percent off (reduced from $4.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Infinity Runner is more than 40 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 7.
  • Star Sky is 50 percent off (reduced from $4 to $2) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 7.
  • Steel Rivals is more than 25 percent off (reduced from $6.99 to $4.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Super Destronaut is 50 percent off (reduced from $1.99 to 99 cents) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 14.

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Attack on Titan: Humanity in Chains is 50 percent off (reduced from $29.99 to $14.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 4.
  • Another World – 20th Anniversary Edition is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 7.
  • The Legend of Legacy and more games from ATLUS are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 4.
  • Darts Up 3D and more from EnjoyUp Games are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 21.
  • Jewel Match 3 and more games from Joindots are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Turtle Tale is on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.
  • Parking Star 3D, Quell Reflect and more from CIRCLE Entertainment are on sale until 8:59 a.m. PT on July 14.
  • Snow Moto Racing 3D is 50 percent off (reduced from $7.99 to $3.99) until 8:59 a.m. PT on June 30.

vYU92.png

• Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE (Nintendo)
    Tokyo Millennium Collection (€1.99 | £1.79)
    Mirage Hunter (EXP) (€1.99 | £1.79)
    Mirage Hunter (Mastery) (€1.99 | £1.79)
    Mirage Hunter (Savage Festival) (€1.99 | £1.79)
    3 Support Quest Set (€4.99 | £4.49)
    Atlus Collaboration Costume Set (€1.99 | £1.79)
  • Mighty No. 9 (Deep Silver)
    Ray Expansion (€4.99 | £3.99)
  • Minecraft: Wii U Edition (Mojang)
    Battle Mode (Free)
    Battle Map Pack 1 (€2.99 | £2.39)
    Battle Map Season Pass (€9.99 | £7.99)
  • SDK Paint (HullBreach Studios)
    Slideshows Pack 1 (€0.50 | £0.50)
    Slideshows Pack 2 (€0.50 | £0.50)
    Slideshows Pack 3 (€0.50 | £0.50)
    Total Slideshows Pack (€1.25 | £1.09)

Wii U | Sales

• VoxelMaker (Nostatic Software, €3.59 / £2.79 until 30th June, normally €4.49 / £3.49)
  • Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge, €2.35 / £2.15 until 7th July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
  • Devil's Third (Nintendo, €29.99 / £24.99 Permanent, was €59.99 / £49.99) WOOOO! Upcoming 06/24

• Fire Emblem Fates (Nintendo)
    Map 8: Vanguard Dawn (€1.99 | £1.79) *Included in Map Pack 1*

• Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games (Nintendo | Demo)
  • Teddy Together (Nintendo | Demo)

Nintendo 3DS | Sales

• Shingeki no Kyojin: Humanity in Chains (Atlus, €14.99 / £12.00 until 7th July, normally €29.99 / £34.99)
  • Another World - 20th Anniversary Edition (Digital Lounge, €2.35 / £2.15 until 7th July, normally €7.99 / £7.19)
  • Demon King Box (CIRCLE Entertainment, €2.99 / £2.39 until 14th July, normally €3.99 / £3.19)
  • Space Lift Danger Panic! (Springloaded, €0.80 / £0.65 until 30th June for users who own Heart Beaten, or €1.65 / £1.29 until 30th June, normally €2.49 / £1.99)
  • More sales
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D (Nintendo, €19.99 / £15.99, Permanent) Upcoming 06/24
  • LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins (Nintendo, €19.99 / £15.99, Permanent) Upcoming 06/24
  • Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros (Nintendo, €19.99 / £15.99, Permanent) Upcoming 06/24
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star (Nintendo, €19.99 / £15.99, Permanent) Upcoming 06/24
  • Nintendo Presents: New Style Boutique (Nintendo, €19.99 / £15.99, Permanent) Upcoming 06/24

uxwGK.png

New Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Robin64

Why would it perform like the GCN version when it was already on Wii VC and I don't recall there ever being performance problems beyond the inherent ones.

Why do you assume anything? It'll be the first Wii U VC release that uses the expansion pak. Anything could happen.

And then there's the fact that Super Mario 64 on Wii U VC has horrendous input lag that the Wii VC one does not.

Pokemaniac

Why do you assume anything? It'll be the first Wii U VC release that uses the expansion pak. Anything could happen.

And then there's the fact that Super Mario 64 on Wii U VC has horrendous input lag that the Wii VC one does not.

Donkey Kong 64 required the expansion pak.

Also, the expansion pak was just some extra RAM. It's not particularly easy to screw up.

Robin64

What's interesting to note is that the VC emulator has a setting within it to enable the controller pak. It's buggy and doesn't work (enabling it for a Mystical Ninja inject causes the game to reset forever) but it gives me hope that they may, one day, get it working.

RiggyRob

Finally got around to playing Futuridium EP Deluxe: https://youtu.be/Ei72vOdIFUs

I think if I had ever played Uridium I'd have been able to give a bit more insightful commentary on Futuridium, giving comparisons between the two and what similarities they share etc., but Commodore 64 is welllllll before my time.

Thanks again Max!

maxcriden

Nintendo seems to have gotten over his a bit with the GBA games. They at both edit Roms to include link based content and don't seem to worry about dead menu items like the ereader in SMB3 SMA4.

I think the difference there though is that key functionality is being added rather than removed. Please forgive me if I'm misunderstanding, though, I get lost quickly when we get into the tech talk. ☺

it will work and you don't have to change your region or anything. Canada and US can redeem the same game codes. Just not the same currency cards.

Oh huh, I didn't know that. I guess it's with this gen only since we know Wii Points were and are redeemable across NA 😂

Finally got around to playing Futuridium EP Deluxe: https://youtu.be/Ei72vOdIFUs

I think if I had ever played Uridium I'd have been able to give a bit more insightful commentary on Futuridium, giving comparisons between the two and what similarities they share etc., but Commodore 64 is welllllll before my time.

Thanks again Max!

My pleasure, I'm glad you're enjoying it!

Not sure how they can justify a $3 price difference on mystery dungeon red and blue when they are a cross gen same game version/port. I've never played it, so I'm going red (assuming Canadians aren't screwed over by pricing too bad.

Pokemaniac

Not sure how they can justify a $3 price difference on mystery dungeon red and blue when they are a cross gen same game version/port. I've never played it, so I'm going red (assuming Canadians aren't screwed over by pricing too bad.

Personally, I think the UI improvements in Blue Rescue Team are pretty significant, and it's worth considering just for those.

The price difference, while pretty weird in this example, is due to the fact that there are still pretty riged tiers based on platform.

Xeodrifter for $5. Is this the cheapest it's been?

That's as far as I've seen it go. I got it for that price a while ago. The first time I played it, I couldn't even figure out where to go, which was kind of stupid because the game is actually fairly linear. The planets are numbered IIRC.

Producer

Can we expect to get Mega Man X for N3DS VC? I've seen some people say X2 and X3 would probably not be possible because of the special chip used in those.

MacTag

Banned
Can we expect to get Mega Man X for N3DS VC? I've seen some people say X2 and X3 would probably not be possible because of the special chip used in those.
X2 and X3 were already announced for Japan. From the outset DSP (Pilotwings, SMK), CX4 (MMX2/3) and SDD1 (SFA2) chip games were announced for n3DS Virtual Console. Unfortunately no SA1 games so far though, so no Mario RPG or Kirby SS/DL3. And Super FX goes without saying given Wii and Wii U didn't get them either.

Shizza

Feels crazy that in just a over a week my game, ZaciSa, will be 2 years old. What a crazy ride it has been.

Speaking of games. Just announced a new game that will be coming out next month! Hot Rod Racer. (Early Aug for NA most likely, July for EU/AU)
http://nintendoeverything.com/zenfa-productions-making-hot-rod-racer-for-the-wii-u-eshop/

Still working on Drop It: Block Paradise! For Fall/Winter.

That racer game looks like a good time. I'll jump in on that when it releases!

Socreges

Banned
So I'm sure this has been asked and answered several times, but I'm having trouble sorting this out....

I just linked my NNID to MyNintendo. Now how do I get gold points for the games I've bought on the eShop recently?

GulAtiCa

So I'm sure this has been asked and answered several times, but I'm having trouble sorting this out....

I just linked my NNID to MyNintendo. Now how do I get gold points for the games I've bought on the eShop recently?

Should be automatically. But only for games AFTER you linked it. Also, to get the gold coins, need a min $ amount. For US, it's $5 min for 5 Gold. Anything less will get you nothing

TheMoon

Nintendo eShop (Wii U)

LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (WB Games, available June 28) - €49.99/£39.99
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens marks the triumphant return of the No. 1 LEGO videogame franchise and immerses fans in the new Star Wars adventure like never before. Players can relive the epic action from the blockbuster film in a way that only LEGO can offer, featuring all of the storylines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that takes players on adventures between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.

Release time: 15:00 CEST

Ziggurat (Milkstone Studios) - €15.00/£12.00
Dungeon-Crawling First Person Shooting at its finest! Fast-paced combat! Dozens of perks, spells and enemies! Level ups! Random Dungeons! Traps! Badass bosses! Carrots! Ziggurat is the best combination of First Person Shooter and Rogue-LITE you have ever seen. Become a neophyte sorcerer, and get ready for your rite of passage: Enter the labyrinth and face dangerous challenges to prove your worth and become a powerful wizard! The game focuses on fast-paced first person shooting, with an old-school vibe, and updated handling and game mechanics. Dungeon crawling and RPG/Rogue-like elements are added into the mix, resulting in a fun, challenging and varied game, with lots of content to discover. Fight almighty bosses, get through rooms filled with traps, and treasures that may help you in your journey... Each game is a whole new experience!

Midnight 2 (Petite Games) - €1.99/£1.79
In this golf-like puzzle game your task is to guide Midnight once again! Use your Wii U GamePad to set the strength of shot and launch her. Avoid the dangerous enemies, spikes and saws and try to reach the best rating possible. 28 unlockable level make this adventure a challenging journey.

Runbow Demo (13AM Games) - Free
Runbow is a fast-paced action party game for up to 9 players. The world changes with each swipe of the background colour and players must think fast as obstacles appear and disappear with the changing backgrounds. Challenge friends in six Game Modes – King of the Hill, Arena, Run, or ColourMaster, or dominate Runbow’s colourful world on your own or co-operatively in Adventure and Bowhemoth.

Hyrule Warriors: Legends of Hyrule Pack (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €9.99/£8.99
Hyrule Warriors: Character Pack (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €11.99/£10.79
Hyrule Warriors: Link's Awakening Pack (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €4.99/£4.49
Hyrule Warriors blends the lore of The Legend of Zelda with the over-the-top action of Dynasty Warriors – you’ve never seen Hyrule like this before! Take down swarms of familiar foes on the battlefield with an array of incredible moves, and chain together earth-shaking combos that can swipe out swathes of enemies in one fell swoop.

Special offers
99 Moves (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends July 28, normally €2.49/£2.29)
Abyss (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.49/£1.34 (Ends July 28, normally €1.99/£1.79)
Rock 'N Racing Off Road DX (EnjoyUp Games) - €4.95/£4.45 (Ends July 28, normally €7.99/£7.19)
Joe's Diner (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.77 (Ends July 14, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Suspension Railroad Simulator (Joindots) - €6.39/£4.79 (Ends July 14, normally €7.99/£5.99)
ZaciSa: Defense of the Crayon Dimensions! (ZeNfA Productions) - €0.89/£0.68 (Ends July 28, normally €2.99/£2.29)

Nintendo eShop (3DS)

LEGO STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS (WB Games, available June 28) - €39.99/£29.99
LEGO Star Wars: The Force Awakens marks the triumphant return of the No. 1 LEGO videogame franchise and immerses fans in the new Star Wars adventure like never before. Players can relive the epic action from the blockbuster film in a way that only LEGO can offer, featuring all of the storylines from Star Wars: The Force Awakens, retold through the clever and witty LEGO lens. The game will also feature exclusive playable content that takes players on adventures between Star Wars: Return of the Jedi and Star Wars: The Force Awakens, providing additional insight about the new movie and its characters.

BOXBOXBOY! (Nintendo) - €4.99/£4.49
Take control of Qbby and navigate every obstacle between you and the goal in BOXBOXBOY!, the second game in the BOXBOY! series. Now Qbby can use two sets of boxes at once! New stages and power-ups await our boxy hero - as well as new obstacles! You can overcome obstacles in all kinds of ways, like climbing a stack of boxes using a second hook of boxes to reach a high platform. Your powers are limited only by your ability to think inside the box in this action puzzle game!

Monster Hunter Generations Demo (CAPCOM) - Free
The hunt is about to begin in the world of Monster Hunter! Take up the role of a hunter, seeking out and vanquishing a variety of colossal creatures. Or for the first time, choose to fight as a felyne in Prowler mode and see the world through their little furry eyes! Happy Hunting!

Teddy Together (Nintendo, available July 1) - €39.99/£34.99
Become best friends with a teddy bear brought to life in Teddy Together, only on Nintendo 3DS family systems. Take care of a special teddy bear who can talk, walk and play games in a title that’s ideal for parents and children to play together. Who hasn’t dreamed of their favourite toy coming to life?

The Battle Cats POP! (PONOS, available June 27) - €9.99/£8.99
The tower-defense hit Battle Cats has achieved over 23,000,000 downloads worldwide for smartphones and tablets, and is now bursting onto a new handheld scene with a Nintendo 3DS release! Why be content with conquering the planet when the galaxy is yours to dominate?! Plus, The Battle Cats POP! introduces the hotly anticipated VS Mode feature. Battle your friends and family for cool rewards!

Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma (Aksys Games, available June 28) - €39.99/£32.00
Zero Escape: Zero Time Dilemma features diabolic new puzzles and fully animated story sections that push the boundaries of interactive storytelling! Newcomers and familiar faces round out a robust cast of characters while English and Japanese voice over options flesh out the narrative. Multiple endings and non-linear story mechanics will keep you coming back for more!

Fire Emblem Fates Map 9 Anna on the Run (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €1.99/£1.79
This one's all about me! You get the privilege of lending me a hand against a bunch of bizarre bandits. If you win, I'll join your army, and that's a steal at twice the price!

*Downloadable maps can be purchased from the Dragon's Gate. If the Dragon's Gate doesn't appear on your world map, just play a little bit more of the game. You'll see it soon! If you've already bought Map Pack 1, you can play this map by going to the Dragon's Gate and selecting "Purchase DLC." Just download the map and it'll be ready to play!

Hyrule Warriors Legends: Link's Awakening Pack (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €6.99/£6.29
Hyrule Warriors Legends: Link's Awakening Pack (Nintendo 3DS + Wii U) (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €8.99/£8.09
Charge into battle with Hyrule’s mightiest legends in Hyrule Warriors: Legends. Cut down entire legions of enemies using powerful, over-the-top Dynasty Warriors-style moves, and switch between multiple fan-favourite characters to enhance your strategies. Enjoy all-new story elements and playable characters from The Legend of Zelda series and discover the ultimate Hyrule Warriors experience! The delicate balance of the Triforce has been disrupted, and Hyrule Kingdom is once again being torn apart by a dark power, this time led by Cia - The Dark Sorceress. Now it’s up to the legendary hero Link to face hordes of enemies and find the missing Princess Zelda.

Special offers
Darts Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €0.99/£0.89 (Ends July 28, normally €2.99/£2.69)
Football Up 3D (EnjoyUp Games) - €1.99/£1.79 (Ends July 28, normally €2.99/£2.36)
Epic Word Search Collection 2 (Lightwood Games) - €5.99/£4.49 (Ends July 7, normally €7.99/£5.99)
Funfair Party Games (Joindots) - €4.99/£3.69 (Ends July 14, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Jewel Match 3 (Joindots) - €3.99/£2.89 (Ends July 14, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Pazuru (Joindots) - €4.49/£2.99 (Ends July 14, normally €5.99/£3.99)
Undead Bowling (Joindots) - €2.99/£2.13 (Ends July 14, normally €6.99/£4.99)
Real Heroes: Firefighter 3D Download Version (Zordix AB) - €4.99/£4.49 (Ends July 7, normally €9.99/£8.99)
Shaun the Sheep (episode 1-5) (Nintendo / Aardman Animations Ltd) - €1.99/£1.79 (Permanent, was €2.99/£2.69)
Shaun the Sheep (episode 6-10) (Nintendo / Aardman Animations Ltd) - €1.99/£1.79 (Permanent, was €2.99/£2.69)
Shaun the Sheep (episode 11-15) (Nintendo / Aardman Animations Ltd) - €1.99/£1.79 (Permanent, was €2.99/£2.69)
Shaun the Sheep (episode 1-15 + Making of) (Nintendo / Aardman Animations Ltd) - €3.99/£3.59 (Permanent, was €6.99/£6.29)

MANUELF

Banned
"Hyrule Warriors: Legends of Hyrule Pack (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €9.99/£8.99"

Is this the new and yet to be released characters and weapons

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Wish we had some Lego screens for the 3ds version. Due to Sony having the marketing it's all PS4 screenshots.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Oh snap, that's right, new DLC for HW Legends + the demo for MH Generations. If the US gets the Runbow demo, guess I could give that a try.

....but my attention is being held by Tokyo Mirage Sessions & then Zero Time Dilemma.

TheMoon

"Hyrule Warriors: Legends of Hyrule Pack (Nintendo, Add-On Content) - €9.99/£8.99"

Is this the new and yet to be released characters and weapons

->

The Legends Character Pack (not part of the Season Pass) [Wii U]

Contents: Linkle, Skull Kid, Tetra, Toon Link, King Daphnes, Ganondorf’s trident weapon
Release date: Summer (Europe, North America) / July (Japan)
Price: £10.79 / €11.99 / 1 852 Yen + taxes / US$12.99 / CDN$18.39

See OT for DLC overview/schedule.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Thanks!

Ugh I'd like a portable version for this, but it's such a step back after playing the PS4 demo.

Wtb NX handheld ASAP plz

I wouldnt judge the game graphics just gtom the screens...3DS games look way better on the system itself, especially the Lego games i played. Obv. no PS4 quality...but it will likely look way better than the screens here suggest.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Sega said that there's a demo for 7th Dragon III Code: VFD out on the US eShop. Will try to give it a download.

GWX

Why the heck is Super Ghouls'n Ghosts appearing in the Demos section of the 3DS's eShop? Someone screwed up :lol.

Top Bottom